GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

2019 Mock Drafts

+4
PTFlea
Flo The Action
Ev
Lagoon
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 8]

612019 Mock Drafts - Page 5 Empty Re: 2019 Mock Drafts Sat Jun 22, 2019 12:33 am

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

They put together such a nice highlight package. So much skill and creativity and a booming shot. Hard not to daydream of him bernard-docker, chabot, wolanin, Brannstrom etc if they were to all pan out

622019 Mock Drafts - Page 5 Empty Re: 2019 Mock Drafts Sat Jun 22, 2019 12:34 am

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

This pick is worth a lot right now. I bet some teams had players left over in their top 20 and would pay dearly to get it.

632019 Mock Drafts - Page 5 Empty Re: 2019 Mock Drafts Sat Jun 22, 2019 6:55 am

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Problem is we don't need more picks. We need a good asset at this point .

642019 Mock Drafts - Page 5 Empty Re: 2019 Mock Drafts Sat Jun 22, 2019 7:53 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Kaliyev,  brink, or Lavoie with 32 and id like to see graham Clarke with their other 2nd. Successful draft imo. Kaliyev would be great
I have a feeling the Sens will pass on all 3, it’s the Sens way to go for the safe picks, go for guys that project to be 3rd liners and pass on skilled guys that may have flaws.

I truly hope that I’m wrong.

652019 Mock Drafts - Page 5 Empty Re: 2019 Mock Drafts Sat Jun 22, 2019 8:48 am

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Which is why we won't ever be a good team again under dorion. We have enough prospects in the system that we should be taking chances.

As far as I am concerned, formenton, Norris and balcers project to be third liners. No point to draft for redundancy. Draft scoring forwards to compliment batherson brown white and Tkachuk. Brink would be a good rw behind batherson or kaliyev behind takchuk on the left. That's how you build a team

662019 Mock Drafts - Page 5 Empty Re: 2019 Mock Drafts Sat Jun 22, 2019 8:59 am

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

This is how I see our team right now in terms of prospect placement. I would be trying to fill the LW spot (Kaliyev) and top-nine role (Brink/Clarke) with the 2nd rd picks. Focus on a 1C via trade or next year's draft.

Tkachuk-XXXXX-Batherson
XXXXXX-Brown-White
Formenton-Norris-XXXXXX
Balcers-Chlapik-Veronneau

Chabot-JBD
Brannstrom-Thomas
Wolanin-Jaros

Hogberg
Gustavsson
D'Accord

672019 Mock Drafts - Page 5 Empty Re: 2019 Mock Drafts Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:11 am

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Curious if the Sens could get Glass out of Vegas. Ceci and Stone are good buddies (dating sisters). Take on Clarkson, another salary or two (Holden/Eakin), and Glass for Ceci and some prospects that are redundant in Ottawa (Chlapik, Lajoie, Englund, etc)

682019 Mock Drafts - Page 5 Empty Re: 2019 Mock Drafts Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:17 am

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Vegas is against the cap and need to sign a backup goalie, Karlsson, Gusev, and Nosek. They need to clear around $12-15M if they want to sign these guys.

692019 Mock Drafts - Page 5 Empty Re: 2019 Mock Drafts Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:23 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

How many years into the future are you projecting to have JBD on the top pairing? Thomas is going back to Finland for 2019-20, no chance he's on the second pairing as a rookie in 2020-21. So at least 2021-2022. Which means you think Duclair it's not extended next year, Ryan is bought out, Pageau it's moved and they finally give up on Paul. I suspect I'm missing a few names (Smith, and more obvious ones like Boedker).

They will not get a top line center in a trade or free agency. It's Brown or Norris or bust, imo. That's the biggest question mark in the "unparalleled success" plan.

702019 Mock Drafts - Page 5 Empty Re: 2019 Mock Drafts Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:29 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

We have tons of prospects at D, wing and goal. Brown and Norris are the top contenders fire 1LC. If Brown develops like I hope he will be that 1LC and a great one at that. But that's a huge if. Norris is a better bet for 2LC. I think Pageau is still here in 2021-22. Likely playing 3LC. If Brown is not 1LC were in trouble. Maybe a 1A/1B platoon situation. Losing Duchene was huge.

712019 Mock Drafts - Page 5 Empty Re: 2019 Mock Drafts Sat Jun 22, 2019 10:26 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

This pick wasn’t a safe pick so that kinda puts that theory away.

Also IMO Norris has a lot more upside than a third liner. I think he’s better than White

722019 Mock Drafts - Page 5 Empty Re: 2019 Mock Drafts Sat Jun 22, 2019 12:08 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:This is how I see our team right now in terms of prospect placement. I would be trying to fill the LW spot (Kaliyev) and top-nine role (Brink/Clarke) with the 2nd rd picks. Focus on a 1C via trade or next year's draft.

Tkachuk-XXXXX-Batherson
XXXXXX-Brown-White
Formenton-Norris-XXXXXX
Balcers-Chlapik-Veronneau

Chabot-JBD
Brannstrom-Thomas
Wolanin-Jaros

Hogberg
Gustavsson
D'Accord

This isn't a "lineup" that will go out and play anytime soon.  It's a realistic placement of how I think Ottawa's prospects will project. I think as you build your team you need to have an idea of expectations. Formenton could be a top six but imo if his scoring doesn't pick up he's a 3LW.  Balcers probably is a 3rd liner but is behind formenton in terms of potential hence he's a 4lw. I agree that Norris and brown have 1C potential but you want to draft someone who is a 1C like Byfield.

Again just trying to map out upside and where prospects fit in depth wise to identify organizational needs

732019 Mock Drafts - Page 5 Empty Re: 2019 Mock Drafts Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:18 pm

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

Sens take Shane pinto with 32 pick

742019 Mock Drafts - Page 5 Empty Re: 2019 Mock Drafts Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:30 pm

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

Ottawa trades up to 37 to get goalie mads sogaard

752019 Mock Drafts - Page 5 Empty Re: 2019 Mock Drafts Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:35 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I wanted that huge goalie so I’m happy with that

762019 Mock Drafts - Page 5 Empty Re: 2019 Mock Drafts Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:36 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Pinto sounds like a heck of a pick.

772019 Mock Drafts - Page 5 Empty Re: 2019 Mock Drafts Sat Jun 22, 2019 2:14 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Who even knows lol, it’s insane how people react so negatively to random crapshoot draft picks. As always time will tell. Most of these second round picks will bust.

782019 Mock Drafts - Page 5 Empty Re: 2019 Mock Drafts Sat Jun 22, 2019 2:26 pm

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

Ev wrote:Who even knows lol, it’s insane how people react so negatively to random crapshoot draft picks. As always time will tell. Most of these second round picks will bust.

People rely solely on the NHL.com and tsn draft ranking and assume they have to be the best option. Personally I have no clue about any these young guys but the people complaining about the goalie is unreal.hogberg gustavson and daccord they are crying daccord just got screwed

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum