GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

PGDT - Game 5: Sens @ Canadiens - Friday, Apr 24th, 7:00pm

+8
Vandelay
Cap'n Clutch
Ev
PTFlea
SeawaySensFan
Hoags
wprager
tim1_2
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 7]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:Anderson is a beast though.  I can't see them moving him, I really can't.  And with playoffs like this, who can blame them?
honestly if we are not parting ways with Anderson just yet than for me Hammond is the odd one out. the guy was great but i still fear he's a flash in the pan. there's too much i don't like about his game. his 1 on 1 can be pretty scary, he's no Dominique Hacek and that will eventually catch up to him.

I think Hammond would be the perfect backup to Anderson personally. It all hinges on if O'Connor signs with us though, otherwise Lehner might be the best long term option.

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Subban's comment wasn't that bad. Pageau's response was beautiful though. I think this guy might be my new favourite Sen. If we had a team of Pageaus, we'd win the Cup every year.

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:Anderson is a beast though.  I can't see them moving him, I really can't.  And with playoffs like this, who can blame them?
honestly if we are not parting ways with Anderson just yet than for me Hammond is the odd one out. the guy was great but i still fear he's a flash in the pan. there's too much i don't like about his game. his 1 on 1 can be pretty scary, he's no Dominique Hacek and that will eventually catch up to him.

I think Hammond would be the perfect backup to Anderson personally.  It all hinges on if O'Connor signs with us though, otherwise Lehner might be the best long term option.
I keep forgetting about O'connor. and to be honest i do not know enough about what he projects out to be. I don't trust hammond personally to be more than a back-up, and not a great one at that. I know, I know that what we just saw was amazing but i did not see this as something he might be able to reproduce for a whole career when leaned on. the book will be out on hammond sooner rather than later.

Anderson is a head case and his Dung will end up back in our face at the wrong time when we are contending i'm afraid. Trading Lehner might prove to be one of our biggest mistake ever.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I always said I think Lehner will be a top 5 goalie some day. But at the same time, depending on what Anderson does on Sunday and beyond, it could be mighty tough to get rid of him. Good problems to have.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I agree that Anderson should be the one traded it's just that he's made it difficult to justify now.

- Unknown Author

NEELY

Mod
Mod

A backup is about fitting into the role, Hammond will. Lehner and Anderson will never fit into that role, ever. They are not built for that.

Remember it's a team having a duo in goal and you need the right backup to support that #1... Lehner and Anderson is just asking for more problems and inconsistency.

Now, O'Connor will have a clear path to the NHL once one guy is moved. He will get the year in the AHL as the #1 there, the backup role will be there for the taking the year after, and the Sens are hopefully set for a while. Add in one of Hogberg or Dreidger turning out and the Sens are solid for a long while.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Cap'n Clutch wrote:I agree that Anderson should be the one traded it's just that he's made it difficult to justify now.

If Anderson comes in and wins this series then I think things change a little.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I love this and hate this. I'm loving what Anderson is doing and what he is capable of doing but i just don't trust he can do it forever. there will be times when he refuses to play through the pain again. hes a very capable goaltender when he's on. but is he on when we will need him in the future? it's a gamble.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

That's why you have depth in goal... O'Connor, Dreidger, and Hogberg. Hammond has also shown he can win games if he is called to do so.

I'm the biggest Lehner fan in the world and believe he will be a legit NHL star but the team and it's needs are more important than 1 individual. He has some maturing to do still and he hasn't proven to a lot of people if he can be a #1.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

What does forever mean? He can do it consistently for another few years IMO. He's done it before, he's doing it now. He's a solid starting goalie who ramps it up in the playoffs.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Anderson does seem to be a money goaltender... so does Lehner though. Let it all play out though, right now I am on the Anderson band wagon and that's all I care about.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:What does forever mean?  He can do it consistently for another few years IMO.  He's done it before, he's doing it now.  He's a solid starting goalie who ramps it up in the playoffs.
forever as in i don't  think we are a serious contender for another 2 years to make the finals. by than i don't think Anderson is our guy and Lehner would be the guy ready to be entering his prime.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:Subban's comment wasn't that bad. Pageau's response was beautiful though. I think this guy might be my new favourite Sen. If we had a team of Pageaus, we'd win the Cup every year.

It was childish. "Oh, yeah? I'm going to huff and I'm going to puff and I'm going to shoot even harder to prove to you that you are not so tough."

He actually needs to find a lane and get the shot through. Most of the time a blocked shot goes off the shin guard and doesn't hurt as much as the one Pageau took. And then you run the risk of a breakaway, too.

Vandelay

Vandelay
Sophomore
Sophomore

NEELY wrote:Anderson does seem to be a money goaltender... so does Lehner though.  Let it all play out though, right now I am on the Anderson band wagon and that's all I care about.

If people are saying we shouldn't trade Anderson because he's shown he comes up big in the playoffs, I think you're looking at it all wrong. Does having Anderson rather than Lehner outweigh the need for another Bobby Ryan type or a veteran #3 defenseman? I'm pretty sure most of you were done with Anderson when he was dealing with his hand issues. Hold on to that thought and consider what this little run has done for his trade value. You don't wait to trade him when he starts cooking with chicken again.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yeah I can't believe peopl are saying Anderson ha son chance of being moved now that's he's shown his Ruth in the playoffs. News flash, he showed that two years ago as well. So did jaro halak and they moved him.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum