GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

PGDT - Game 5: Sens @ Canadiens - Friday, Apr 24th, 7:00pm

+8
Vandelay
Cap'n Clutch
Ev
PTFlea
SeawaySensFan
Hoags
wprager
tim1_2
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 7]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:Bobby Ryan is not "going", but he's mixing it up a bit physically and trying to be a factor despite whatever injury is ailing him. If we're without CMac next game, things just got tougher.

You can't deny he's been better the last two games. Maybe Hoffman being put back on his line helped, who knows. He was credited with the goal on Hoffan's shot so he's got three goals -- two on Price and the tip that prevented Anderson from getting two shutouts in a row.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cap'n Clutch wrote:So, Hofmann solidify his spot on the "second line"?  Considering we might be without CMac, Pageau and Stone unable to effectively shoot the puck; having Bobby Ryan going with Hoffman is a necessity.

I think he has for sure.

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Tim is just a hater. Bobby had a good game and only had 13 minutes

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I don't blame Bobby...he's injured. I'm happy he's still finding a way to contribute, but he's certainly not at his best.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Gotta give it to Ryan, he's playing injured and he's finding a way to contribute at the most important time.

Michalek will probably move up to that top line and sitting Neil a game now looks genius because he had an extra 2 days rest and can come back into the lineup at home with a lot of energy and momentum going his and the Sens way.

So impressed with this team, not ready for it to end yet, Anderson is turning into a great story, and I just want everything to keep going.

Just win 1, win game 6.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Anderson is in their heads, the seed of doubt is growing and the Sens are believers. This could be epic!

- Unknown Author

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

It makes the thought all the more delicious because it's the Habs. Smile

- Unknown Author

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Cap'n Clutch wrote:It makes the thought all the more delicious because it's the Habs. Smile

Game 6... game 6 is the only thought.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

For the players? Yes. Fans can dream Smile

- Unknown Author

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

NEELY wrote:Gotta give it to Ryan, he's playing injured and he's finding a way to contribute at the most important time.

Michalek will probably move up to that top line and sitting Neil a game now looks genius because he had an extra 2 days rest and can come back into the lineup at home with a lot of energy and momentum going his and the Sens way.

So impressed with this team, not ready for it to end yet, Anderson is turning into a great story, and I just want everything to keep going.  

Just win 1, win game 6.

I'm a bit concerned with Neil being a little over enthusiastic. His one game in he cost us two odd-man rushes with off-sides, and he still tends to go out of his way to deliver a hit -- without the wheels to be able to get back into the play.

All those hits in the first two (and to a lesser extent the third) games are having an effect on the Habs. Now Prust is sore and you've got to think that Gallagher, not the biggest guy around, has a few bumps and bruises. Subban is doing a lot more East/West and twirling around in the neutral zone, as opposed to putting his shoulder down and barreling ahead North/South. Pacioretty is playing injured. Either that or he's not in game shape -- remember it took CMac about 6 games to get to 100%. Pacioretty has had 4, so far.

Prust, Mitchell and Flynn were all -2 (that's 2 out of Ottawa's 3 ES goals). Their 4th line was instrumental in the first two games.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Anderson is in their heads, the seed of doubt is growing and the Sens are believers. This could be epic!

I was in a little twitter battle with some Habs fan who said something like "LOL if you think Anderson can beat Price 4 straight" (this was after G4). I told him the Sens weren't trying to win 4 straight, just trying to win 1 in a row. Four times.

Win game 4. Don't think about what happened before, don't think of what will happen tomorrow. Then win game 5 -- don't even think about game 6 or even game 4, for that matter. Those games don't matter an iota. The only thing that matters is game 6. And if it comes down to game 7, that's the only game that matters. The improbability of overcoming a 0-3 deficit doesn't matter. Beating a Vezina/Hart goalie 4 in a row doesn't matter. Playing in an unfriendly barn does not matter. What happened in the previous games does not matter. The only thing that matters is the game they are playing. All those other things, well, we can only hope that that's all at the back of the Habs' players minds (if not at the forefront) -- but even *that* doesn't matter.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Ottawa has been screening Price beautifully. The Condra goal is the only one he saw.

On the other side. Anderson can see almost anything and Montreal is largely taking perimeter shots.

The amount of SH breakaways is kind of worrisome.

Our fourth line was actually creating chances and maintaining possession. That's how we can beat them. Roll 4 lines they cannot possibly all handle.

We will see what happens but Montreal is now feeling the heat.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:
NEELY wrote:Gotta give it to Ryan, he's playing injured and he's finding a way to contribute at the most important time.

Just win 1, win game 6.

I'm a bit concerned with Neil being a little over enthusiastic.  His one game in he cost us two odd-man rushes with off-sides, and he still tends to go out of his way to deliver a hit -- without the wheels to be able to get back into the play.

All those hits in the first two (and to a lesser extent the third) games are having an effect on the Habs.  Now Prust is sore and you've got to think that Gallagher, not the biggest guy around, has a few bumps and bruises.  Subban is doing a lot more East/West and twirling around in the neutral zone, as opposed to putting his shoulder down and barreling ahead North/South.  Pacioretty is playing injured.  Either that or he's not in game shape -- remember it took CMac about 6 games to get to 100%.  Pacioretty has had 4, so far.  

Prust, Mitchell and Flynn were all -2 (that's 2 out of Ottawa's 3 ES goals).  Their 4th line was instrumental in the first two games.  

Neil played in game three and game four.

- Unknown Author

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I guess I'm thinking of game 3. He came out and was hitting, as per usual, and creating off-sides, as per usual. I love big hits but I don't like it when players go out of their way and then are late on the back-check.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Bruce Garrioch ‏@SunGarrioch 5m5 minutes ago View translation
Pageau says he's fine.

Still nothing on MacArthur.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Don't know if any of you were at the CTC. Stuntman Stu was there announcing the goals and penalties (the rest of the time we had the CBC feed except for commercial breaks). On the Wiercioch penalty roughing Prust after he speared Andy, the call was "Ottawa penalty to #46, Patrick Wiercioch, for being AWESOME!"

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

rooneypoo wrote:Bruce Garrioch ‏@SunGarrioch  5m5 minutes ago View translation
Pageau says he's fine.

Still nothing on MacArthur.

Ottawa SenatorsVerified account
‏@Senators

"I don't care if his (Subban) shots get harder. I'm not moving." - Jean-Gabriel Pageau

Nuff said.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Sounds like MacArthur is OK:

Bruce Garrioch ‏@SunGarrioch 7m7 minutes ago
Cameron says he hopes to have all players available tomorrow. #Sens

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum: