GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

PGDT - Game 5: Sens @ Canadiens - Friday, Apr 24th, 7:00pm

+8
Vandelay
Cap'n Clutch
Ev
PTFlea
SeawaySensFan
Hoags
wprager
tim1_2
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 7]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I've been critical of smith, but I thought he was fantastic tonight. Just what we needed on the 4th line.

Liked chiasson too for the most part. But if smith can play like that going forward, it's a great addition to a 4th line.

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star

Condra scoring on Price on a breakaway is world upside down.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Haha yeah.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispensed wrote:I've been critical of smith, but I thought he was fantastic tonight.  Just what we needed on the 4th line.  

Liked chiasson too for the most part.  But if smith can play like that going forward, it's a great addition to a 4th line.

If everyone is healthy that line should stay as is. Neil is a boat anchor.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Yeah, we'll see. Didn't see what happened to CMac, but Pageau blocked a 130 km/h shot with his knee. He didn't leave the bench but he didn't have a shift after, either.

So do the Habs have anything left? Pacioretty was invisible again. He just doesn't have it. If this was the regular season he probably would not be playing.

Wouldn't expect Price to give up another 5 goals, though.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

LeCaptain wrote:Condra scoring on Price on a breakaway is world upside down.
That's the best part. Tearing away at the fabric of the universe.
Can you get a better send team as it is?

I am so proud of our boys. So much to take away from this team going forward.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Vandelay wrote:Great game.  That Anderson- Wiercoch trade package is getting better and better.
Very guilty of that myself. I still believe we have to move on past Anderson because it's the right time and the right move but weir.... Well. He's making q case for himself without a doubt. Still think he needs to be bottom pairing next year going in and we need a top 4 guy. That is if we want to dominate and come In all guns loaded.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Habs forum on hfboards :lol

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

It would be a PR nightmare if they trade Anderson after a 0-3 deficit is erased. As much as I think this is the best time to trade him, I hope it doesn't hurt the Sens in terms of its fan base and marketing.

- Unknown Author

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

So, Hofmann solidify his spot on the "second line"? Considering we might be without CMac, Pageau and Stone unable to effectively shoot the puck; having Bobby Ryan going with Hoffman is a necessity.

- Unknown Author

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Has anyone noticed that our PP, in the playoffs is over 30% and our PK is over 94%. I noticed that special teams improved over the final few regular season games but, I definitely wasn't expecting this. I wonder what changed?

- Unknown Author

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Hoags wrote:Habs forum on hfboards :lol

I wonder if my ban still holds. Just before I got "excluded" from their Round 1 thread I told them that even if Hammond falters we have a backup in Anderson who holds the NHL all-time regular season SV% record (would have won the Vezina that year if not for Kreider).

Price goals against by game: 3-2-1-1-5 -- that's over 2. But we know that Price will be better. Thing is, the Habs have scored 4-3-2-0-1 -- and given their regular season scoring I would not bet against this being a trend.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

And the other beauty part of it is that I don't think Price had a bad game.  I guess you could say the first Ryan goal (he was also credited with tipping Hoffman's shot so he's tied for the team lead with 2) wasn't good and perhaps you'd also expect him to stop Condra the way Andy stopped Prust.  Except a breakaway is still a breakaway and Condra didn't miss (Prust put the puck off the outside of the post).  And I'm not sure he saw much of Ryan's shot, as he didn't see the other three.  On all the other three goals he never moved.  Screened by both the Sens players going to the crease as well as the Habs players going with them -- see how that works?  Get their defenseman to turn his back on the play trying to get at you, then casually move a bit out of the way as the shot comes in.

Last edited by wprager on Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:59 am; edited 1 time in total

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Has anyone noticed that our PP, in the playoffs is over 30% and our PK is over 94%.  I noticed that special teams improved over the final few regular season games but, I definitely wasn't expecting this. I wonder what changed?

Sterling.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Bobby Ryan is not "going", but he's mixing it up a bit physically and trying to be a factor despite whatever injury is ailing him. If we're without CMac next game, things just got tougher.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:Bobby Ryan is not "going", but he's mixing it up a bit physically and trying to be a factor despite whatever injury is ailing him. If we're without CMac next game, things just got tougher.

You can't deny he's been better the last two games. Maybe Hoffman being put back on his line helped, who knows. He was credited with the goal on Hoffan's shot so he's got three goals -- two on Price and the tip that prevented Anderson from getting two shutouts in a row.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cap'n Clutch wrote:So, Hofmann solidify his spot on the "second line"?  Considering we might be without CMac, Pageau and Stone unable to effectively shoot the puck; having Bobby Ryan going with Hoffman is a necessity.

I think he has for sure.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Tim is just a hater. Bobby had a good game and only had 13 minutes

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum