GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

PGDT - Game 5: Sens @ Canadiens - Friday, Apr 24th, 7:00pm

+8
Vandelay
Cap'n Clutch
Ev
PTFlea
SeawaySensFan
Hoags
wprager
tim1_2
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 7]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Don't know if any of you were at the CTC. Stuntman Stu was there announcing the goals and penalties (the rest of the time we had the CBC feed except for commercial breaks). On the Wiercioch penalty roughing Prust after he speared Andy, the call was "Ottawa penalty to #46, Patrick Wiercioch, for being AWESOME!"

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

rooneypoo wrote:Bruce Garrioch ‏@SunGarrioch  5m5 minutes ago View translation
Pageau says he's fine.

Still nothing on MacArthur.

Ottawa SenatorsVerified account
‏@Senators

"I don't care if his (Subban) shots get harder. I'm not moving." - Jean-Gabriel Pageau

Nuff said.

rooneypoo

All-Star
All-Star

Sounds like MacArthur is OK:

Bruce Garrioch ‏@SunGarrioch 7m7 minutes ago
Cameron says he hopes to have all players available tomorrow. #Sens

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Pageau says he's fine.

‏@Senators

"I don't care if his (Subban) shots get harder. I'm not moving." - Jean-Gabriel Pageau

Nuff said.

PGDT  - Game 5: Sens @ Canadiens - Friday, Apr 24th, 7:00pm - Page 6 Pg10

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Pageau says he's fine.

‏@Senators

Nuff said.

I Cussing love this kid. Love him. We're lucky to have nabbed him and Stone in the later rounds.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Boy, just when you think Subban can't get any more stupid he comes out with this gem.

Or maybe he was talking about switching to barrel-strength bourbon?

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

No team will ever win a Cup with this guy. Can't controll himself in the most important moments. How does he even have an A?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

LeCaptain wrote:No team will ever win a Cup with this guy. Can't controll himself in the most important moments. How does he even have an A?

Because it doesn't stand for "Alternate".

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

LeCaptain wrote:No team will ever win a Cup with this guy. Can't controll himself in the most important moments. How does he even have an A?

Fan favorite.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Hoags wrote:

Fan favorite.

He is that. But they'll turn on him very quickly because that's the nature of the fan base in Montreal. Very sad, given the tremendous history that franchise has. Wasn't that long ago that they were booing Price on a regular basis. If he gives up another 3+ goals they'll be booing him again.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I've said that a lot, a lot of people have said that actually. You don't win with this kind of guy.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:It would be a PR nightmare if they trade Anderson after a 0-3 deficit is erased. As much as I think this is the best time to trade him, I hope it doesn't hurt the Sens in terms of its fan base and marketing.
I know. and Bryan is a bit of a Homer with the vets. this could go either way i'm afraid. they could trade Lehner. i've been pretty vocal about who i think should go. but yes on a PR stand i doubt they will be trading him straight up for a pick. it would have to be for a player that has even greater star value. i'd say a package to Edmonton might be what the doctors order.
might have to wait out longer than the summer for Chichi to see what he's got. could start Anderson next season and go in three goalies with Hammond but that's a mess waiting to happen for us if things don't go as planned.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Anderson is a beast though. I can't see them moving him, I really can't. And with playoffs like this, who can blame them?

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:

I've said that a lot, a lot of people have said that actually.  You don't win with this kind of guy.
I don't know. i'm not a fan of PK at all but he does bring the extra intensity. when they are winning he can be that extra burst of energy. when they are losing yes his attitude can be detrimental to the team. he's not the greatest leader for them. their problem is much deeper than just PK.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:Anderson is a beast though.  I can't see them moving him, I really can't.  And with playoffs like this, who can blame them?
honestly if we are not parting ways with Anderson just yet than for me Hammond is the odd one out. the guy was great but i still fear he's a flash in the pan. there's too much i don't like about his game. his 1 on 1 can be pretty scary, he's no Dominique Hacek and that will eventually catch up to him.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:Anderson is a beast though.  I can't see them moving him, I really can't.  And with playoffs like this, who can blame them?
honestly if we are not parting ways with Anderson just yet than for me Hammond is the odd one out. the guy was great but i still fear he's a flash in the pan. there's too much i don't like about his game. his 1 on 1 can be pretty scary, he's no Dominique Hacek and that will eventually catch up to him.

I think Hammond would be the perfect backup to Anderson personally. It all hinges on if O'Connor signs with us though, otherwise Lehner might be the best long term option.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Subban's comment wasn't that bad. Pageau's response was beautiful though. I think this guy might be my new favourite Sen. If we had a team of Pageaus, we'd win the Cup every year.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

I think Hammond would be the perfect backup to Anderson personally.  It all hinges on if O'Connor signs with us though, otherwise Lehner might be the best long term option.
I keep forgetting about O'connor. and to be honest i do not know enough about what he projects out to be. I don't trust hammond personally to be more than a back-up, and not a great one at that. I know, I know that what we just saw was amazing but i did not see this as something he might be able to reproduce for a whole career when leaned on. the book will be out on hammond sooner rather than later.

Anderson is a head case and his Dung will end up back in our face at the wrong time when we are contending i'm afraid. Trading Lehner might prove to be one of our biggest mistake ever.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum