GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

PGDT - Game 2: Sens @ Canadiens - Friday, Apr 17th, 7:00pm

+11
Vandelay
Hoags
Oglethorpe
LeCaptain
TheAvatar
rooneypoo
PTFlea
wprager
Cap'n Clutch
SeawaySensFan
tim1_2
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 9]

NEELY

Mod
Mod

1 period in game 1 but w/e. Guess we won't talk about the big saves in period 1 of game 1 either, no point there.

Hammond isn't the reason the Sens lost both games, he's the reason they weren't blown out of the building. Montreal has been the better team by a mile thus far.

Again, the Sens get 2 home games here and if they win game 3 then there's a chance this series goes 6 or 7 and I believe it will. People need to be pumping this teams tires, no deflating them.

This has been a special year no matter what happens and the only people in the world I will feel disappointed for if they go out in round 1 are the players in that room and the people around it.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

LeCaptain wrote:
NEELY wrote:
Hoags wrote:Hoffman disappeared because he's on the fourth line. I thought he looked good and showed speed when he was on Zib line briefly. Michalek is rusty as hell. He had the puck all alone in net and blew it.

Cameron is getting out coached.

Are you kidding?  Has he taken a hit in the series?  Hoffman is a perimeter player and this is exactly why you don't commit anything long term to him.  He is not a player you win with in your top 6.

The guy hasn't done anything since the games have really mattered.  He had a great year but saying it's because he's on the 4th line is ignoring some pretty obvious things.

Let's not exagerate. the guy sent us in the playoffs with his tying goal.

About the only thing he has done since that western swing in all honesty. I said he's a guy that would disappear come playoff time and man has he ever. Again this is a guy I would be very, very careful giving any kind f term to.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

I just don't have much faith in Anderson, because each time they tried to bring him back in he's been sub-par. Giving up a 4-0 lead against Calgary, the loss to the Bruins, Leafs. Sub-.900 save percentage in March.

But the biggest reason is how the team played in front of him. Not that they've been good in the last two games in front of Hammond, mind you. 39 and 42 shots in the two games -- that's not how you are supposed to tighten things up in the post-season.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

LeCaptain wrote:
NEELY wrote:
Hoags wrote:Hoffman disappeared because he's on the fourth line. I thought he looked good and showed speed when he was on Zib line briefly. Michalek is rusty as hell. He had the puck all alone in net and blew it.

Are you kidding?  Has he taken a hit in the series?  Hoffman is a perimeter player and this is exactly why you don't commit anything long term to him.  He is not a player you win with in your top 6.

The guy hasn't done anything since the games have really mattered.  He had a great year but saying it's because he's on the 4th line is ignoring some pretty obvious things.

We actually didn't need that game to make th playoffs, as it turns out.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

wprager wrote:I just don't have much faith in Anderson, because each time they tried to bring him back in he's been sub-par.  Giving up a 4-0 lead against Calgary, the loss to the Bruins, Leafs.  Sub-.900 save percentage in March.

But the biggest reason is how the team played in front of him.  Not that they've been good in the last two games in front of Hammond, mind you.  39 and 42 shots in the two games -- that's not how you are supposed to tighten things up in the post-season.

None. He's good for at least 3 goals against each night and that isn't enough to beat the Habs.

Again the Sens played 2 games on the road and were 1 goal away from taking a split and getting home ice in this series. People need to keep things in perspective. The next two are at home and I don't think there's a chance they lose game 3 in front of their home crowd.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:1 period in game 1 but w/e.  Guess we won't talk about the big saves in period 1 of game 1 either, no point there.

Hammond isn't the reason the Sens lost both games, he's the reason they weren't blown out of the building.  Montreal has been the better team by a mile thus far.

Again, the Sens get 2 home games here and if they win game 3 then there's a chance this series goes 6 or 7 and I believe it will.  People need to be pumping this teams tires, no deflating them.  

This has been a special year no matter what happens and the only people in the world I will feel disappointed for if they go out in round 1 are the players in that room and the people around it.  

There is no question in my mind we win game 3. Crowd will make a big difference and we saw 2 years ago Subban is gonna try to be stupid if the Habs trail on the scoresheet.
I have seen some big improvements compared to game 1 already.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Ev wrote:
LeCaptain wrote:
NEELY wrote:

Come on... that was a super big goal lol. I'm not the biggest Hoffman fan but that really was a huge play. Mind you it was from a position on the ice where he feels pretty comfortable too and that won't work in the playoffs.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:
LeCaptain wrote:
NEELY wrote:

Don't be a smartass lol.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

LeCaptain wrote:
NEELY wrote:1 period in game 1 but w/e.  Guess we won't talk about the big saves in period 1 of game 1 either, no point there.

Hammond isn't the reason the Sens lost both games, he's the reason they weren't blown out of the building.  Montreal has been the better team by a mile thus far.

Again, the Sens get 2 home games here and if they win game 3 then there's a chance this series goes 6 or 7 and I believe it will.  People need to be pumping this teams tires, no deflating them.  

There is no question in my mind we win game 3. Crowd will make a big difference and we saw 2 years ago Subban is gonna try to be stupid if the Habs trail on the scoresheet.
I have seen some big improvements compared to game 1 already.

It's a young team that's going to make young mistakes. Take a guy like Ceci, he's playing his first NHL playoff game in Montreal and yah he was overwhelmed but he bounced back. This is a learning experience and if they somehow pull out a series win it's just a bonus, everything is just a bonus from this point on and people need to remember that.

Even Hammond... he has had 4 perfect periods of hockey out of 6 at this point. People just need to have some faith in this team and support it and if they don't win so what? They gave this city something to really grab a hold of and worst case scenario going into next year is a ton of optimism and confidence in what is going on. Win or lose I love this team and what it has done along with what I believe they will do, it's been built right. Now all they need is experience and that's not something you can really generate without time.

Game 3 is in Ottawa and the Sens will be ready. They don't do things the normal way, when their backs are up against it you get the best team possible. Sunday will be no different.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I might put in Cowen for Gryba next game, otherwise get to it and clean up the 2nd period.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

I would take Chaisson out no problem. Neil is a way better option right now and maybe the Sens play a little meaner with him in there and a little bigger.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Go Raps!

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

We the North! The six is gonna be amped today

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispensed wrote:I might put in Cowen for Gryba next game, otherwise get to it and clean up the 2nd period.

Cowen hasn't played in a long, long time, and it would also mean Borowiecki moving over to his wrong side. Although he hasn't played a game in the NHL, I'd consider putting in Wideman *if* he's played with Borowiecki before (I think he has).

That said, I'd also consider pairing up Karlsson with Wiercioch for the offense, and also to improve the 2nd pairing (Methot + Ceci). But I wouldn't have the balls to try *that* unless they were down 0-3 and you'd want to try anything.

NEELY wrote:I would take Chaisson out no problem.  Neil is a way better option right now and maybe the Sens play a little meaner with him in there and a little bigger.

I'm assuming you meant taking Chiasson out *in addition* to Ryan. Honestly, as much as I agree with you that Chiasson has not been pulling his (considerable) weight (and height), Ryan has been worse.

So Neil in for Chiasson, but who replaces Ryan? Do you shuffle things around and move someone up, then back-fill with one of Smith/Greening/Prince?

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ryan has not been worse than chiasson and that's evident in their ice time. Nobody is replacing Ryan guys.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:Ryan has not been worse than chiasson and that's evident in their ice time. Nobody is replacing Ryan guys.

That's certainly not evidence. It's an indictment, if anything. More minutes playing with better linemates.

Ryan has been slow, doesn't shoot, hasn't made any nice passes, isn't throwing his big body around. There is no compete in his game. Wouldn't be surprised if he has a broken rib or another sports hernia or something like that. He's not skating, he keeps falling down, no good shots. He's not "Bobby Ryan".

Hobiesens

Hobiesens
Sophomore
Sophomore

I think we should be happy with the fact that they didn't play great hockey and yet they were in both of these games, a lucky bounce and we could've split. There's definitely issues (see Ryan) that need to be addressed but if the Sens come out playing better in the next 2 games I can't see them losing both.

Methot & Boro have been really good and I think that Lars Eller's legs must be made of really, really soft butter.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
Ev wrote:Ryan has not been worse than chiasson and that's evident in their ice time. Nobody is replacing Ryan guys.

That's certainly not evidence.  It's an indictment, if anything.  More minutes playing with better linemates.

Ryan has been slow, doesn't shoot, hasn't made any nice passes, isn't throwing his big body around.  There is no compete in his game.  Wouldn't be surprised if he has a broken rib or another sports hernia or something like that.  He's not skating, he keeps falling down, no good shots.  He's not "Bobby Ryan".

He is injured but is still miles better than any other option

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum