GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

PGDT - Game 2: Sens @ Canadiens - Friday, Apr 17th, 7:00pm

+11
Vandelay
Hoags
Oglethorpe
LeCaptain
TheAvatar
rooneypoo
PTFlea
wprager
Cap'n Clutch
SeawaySensFan
tim1_2
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 9]

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lol. My my such strong opinions.

The only reason I said we might see Anderson is because Cameron kinda sounded like he wasn't crazy about Hammond's performance in his post game comments. I would agree that Hammond played well for the most part, but he's been deep in his net. The Subban shot is stoppable if he's out a little further, and even the OT winner was a little soft, albeit off a brutal giveaway.

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

LeCaptain wrote:Get BObby Ryan the Diddle out of there. If you can't contribute in any way nobody needs you trying to toughen up.

This was his best game in a month.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

tim1_2 wrote:Lol. My my such strong opinions.

The only reason I said we might see Anderson is because Cameron kinda sounded like he wasn't crazy about Hammond's performance in his post game comments. I would agree that Hammond played well for the most part, but he's been deep in his net. The Subban shot is stoppable if he's out a little further, and even the OT winner was a little soft, albeit off a brutal giveaway.

I'll be extremely disappointed if they go with Anderson and I don't think they will. In this season... this is Hammond's team. If people want to see a goalie struggling go to Chicago and see what's up.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:
LeCaptain wrote:Get BObby Ryan the Diddle out of there. If you can't contribute in any way nobody needs you trying to toughen up.

He needs to be scratched, but that won't happen I guess. Just awful and useless.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I ain't even mad. Two one goal games on the road. Luck will swing in our favour at home.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

NEELY wrote:
Hoags wrote:Wouldn't blame Hammond for the loss but he isn't stealing anything for us either.

He had 40 shots last night, lol, he kept them in the first period of game 1... he's the Sens #1 guy and he's been just fine in this series.  Throwing him under the bus is about the most gutless thing any fan can do right now.

Fact is Ottawa is running out of steam right now and maybe they find something inside and they tie the series but don't be surprised if they don't and absolutely don't blame Hammond.

Right now a huge problem is Ryan for one (no idea what's wrong but he's not right) and the Hoffman disappearing act as well (predicted by some).  The Sens also absolutely need a puck mover on that 3rd pairing next year because right now it's Borowiecki carrying that pairing.

Season is on the line. There is absolutely a need for lineup changes. And it's not in goal.

Ryan is a negative right now in all three zones. I'm a big supporter of Ryan but right now he needs to come out. Injured or not, I don't care, you can't even say he's not hurting the team out there like we used to say about Kassian. That one is obvious.

Gryba has struggled, no question. So have most of the other defensemen. Even Karlsson is not playing the way he can. I'm beginning to think all that talk about him missing practices because he's injured might have some legitimacy. Even so, there's no way he's anywhere near the worst out there. I think that most likely has to be Gryba. Hate piling up on the guy but at this point I'd rather see Ceci on the 1st PK unit playing that right side.

So, big questions:
- Who replaces Ryan? Neil should be coming in, but not as a direct replacement. Who moves up? Chiasson? Or is he also one of the players who should sit?
- Do you risk putting Wideman in for Gryba? If he's played with Boro in Bingo I'd say put him in "right ***king now!" (to borrow a phrase from Denis Lemieux).
- Who else should come out? The list of the underachievers is long: Ryan, Chiasson, Legwand, Hoffman; you can even make a case for Michalek and Stone (just can't handle the puck now)?
- Who else comes in? We have Greening and Smith doing nothing (but either one would be better than Ryan right now); no idea about Phillips and not sure I care any more -- very sad; Neil and Wideman have already been mentioned; Prince is also coming up from Bingo along with Wideman, and there was a third player, too -- can't recall which one.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Ev wrote:I ain't even mad. Two one goal games on the road. Luck will swing in our favour at home.
One in OT as well... that's with the Sens playing pretty poorly as well.

People need to get a grip, the odds of coming back from 2-0 are a lot better than anything else the Sens accomplished this year. Go with the team that got you there.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:
Ev wrote:

He needs to be scratched, but that won't happen I guess. Just awful and useless.

Not even close. What were you watching? The Dung on Ryan circle jerk is ridiculous especially when it's obvious he's hurt. He was effective last night. Not sure if you're trolling.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

wprager wrote:
NEELY wrote:
Hoags wrote:Wouldn't blame Hammond for the loss but he isn't stealing anything for us either.

He had 40 shots last night, lol, he kept them in the first period of game 1... he's the Sens #1 guy and he's been just fine in this series.  Throwing him under the bus is about the most gutless thing any fan can do right now.

Fact is Ottawa is running out of steam right now and maybe they find something inside and they tie the series but don't be surprised if they don't and absolutely don't blame Hammond.

Right now a huge problem is Ryan for one (no idea what's wrong but he's not right) and the Hoffman disappearing act as well (predicted by some).  The Sens also absolutely need a puck mover on that 3rd pairing next year because right now it's Borowiecki carrying that pairing.

Season is on the line.  There is absolutely a need for lineup changes.  And it's not in goal.

Ryan is a negative right now in all three zones.  I'm a big supporter of Ryan but right now he needs to come out.  Injured or not, I don't care, you can't even say he's not hurting the team out there like we used to say about Kassian.  That one is obvious.

Gryba has struggled, no question.  So have most of the other defensemen.  Even Karlsson is not playing the way he can.  I'm beginning to think all that talk about him missing practices because he's injured might have some legitimacy.  Even so, there's no way he's anywhere near the worst out there.  I think that most likely has to be Gryba.  Hate piling up on the guy but at this point I'd rather see Ceci on the 1st PK unit playing that right side.  

So, big questions:
- Who replaces Ryan?  Neil should be coming in, but not as a direct replacement.  Who moves up? Chiasson?  Or is he also one of the players who should sit?
- Do you risk putting Wideman in for Gryba?  If he's played with Boro in Bingo I'd say put him in "right ***king now!" (to borrow a phrase from Denis Lemieux).
- Who else should come out?  The list of the underachievers is long: Ryan, Chiasson, Legwand, Hoffman; you can even make a case for Michalek and Stone (just can't handle the puck now)?
- Who else comes in?  We have Greening and Smith doing nothing (but either one would be better than Ryan right now); no idea about Phillips and not sure I care any more -- very sad; Neil and Wideman have already been mentioned; Prince is also coming up from Bingo along with Wideman, and there was a third player, too -- can't recall which one.

Wow... I agree with a lot of this.

Gryba should be coming out for Cowen, that play last night was awful because he should have gone right up the boards with it and he just made the biggest mistakes of his career because he didn't. Cowen coming in and playing on that 3rd pairing wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.

Ryan... he's not right and hasn't been for a while. Karlsson same deal but they aren't two guys you take out. You just can't because there are very few players who can change the game with 1 shot and those are two of the few.

Chiasson could sit and no one could come in and that invisible man would be better than Chaisson has been Neil for Chaisson IMO is a no brainer right now. You bring in Cowen and Neil (two fresh bodies) for Gryba and Chaisson and I think you can grab a little energy.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Ev wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
Ev wrote:

Not even close. What were you watching? The Dung on Ryan circle jerk is ridiculous especially when it's obvious he's hurt. He was effective last night. Not sure if you're trolling.

You and I are very much on the same page here.  Same with Prags and SD.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

If the Sens lose game 3 and want to throw a Hail Mary in game 4 with Anderson that might be fine but Hammond deserves to play in front of the home crowd in game 3 after what he's done and I can't believe people are actually pushing for Anderson at this point.

It's pretty sad and disappointing.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispensed wrote:There's no way. If Hammond had been poor or just ok then maybe, but he was so solid.  

There were a couple of questionable goals in G1 (Plekanec, the wraparound, the winner). I don't get the people who say he was weak on the Subban goal. It was a rocket of a shot and right by his ear. Not much you can do there. The OT winner last night, well, those are the kinds of goals that always happen in OT, this is why you simply don't allow any shots.

The Sens have allowed 40+ shots on goal in both games -- that is simply not acceptable in what is supposed to be a tight-checking payoff game. They also have delivered 97 hits through two games (44 and 53). Is there a correlation, perhaps? Are they going out of their way to deliver hits and putting themselves out of position to block shooting lanes or cross-ice passes?

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Subban one timed that and probably got up around 100MPH lol. If that shot doesn't hit you or go wide, it's in. It was a frigging rocket.

If Anderson was in for that Subban probably would have faked it because Anderson would have been 10 feet further out and Subban would have just wrapped it around while Anderson was there waiting for a bus that goes directly back to his crease.

Hammond even made the first save in OT last night before that goal was let in.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:I felt that Hammond was the reason we even got to OT.  

He was.  He's been shutting the door and what is basically being asked of him is to shut out the Habs or the Sens have no chance.  Pretty tall task all things considered.

This is the playoffs. You can't let weak goals in no matter how amazing (he hasn't been) he was during the entire game.
He was bad in game 1.
Either you live and die with the guy because without him you're not even in the playoffs, or you recognize he hasn't been as good and you replace him.
I am fine with either.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:
Hoags wrote:Hoffman disappeared because he's on the fourth line. I thought he looked good and showed speed when he was on Zib line briefly. Michalek is rusty as hell. He had the puck all alone in net and blew it.

Cameron is getting out coached.

Are you kidding?  Has he taken a hit in the series?  Hoffman is a perimeter player and this is exactly why you don't commit anything long term to him.  He is not a player you win with in your top 6.

The guy hasn't done anything since the games have really mattered.  He had a great year but saying it's because he's on the 4th line is ignoring some pretty obvious things.

Let's not exagerate. the guy sent us in the playoffs with his tying goal.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

1 period in game 1 but w/e. Guess we won't talk about the big saves in period 1 of game 1 either, no point there.

Hammond isn't the reason the Sens lost both games, he's the reason they weren't blown out of the building. Montreal has been the better team by a mile thus far.

Again, the Sens get 2 home games here and if they win game 3 then there's a chance this series goes 6 or 7 and I believe it will. People need to be pumping this teams tires, no deflating them.

This has been a special year no matter what happens and the only people in the world I will feel disappointed for if they go out in round 1 are the players in that room and the people around it.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

LeCaptain wrote:
NEELY wrote:
Hoags wrote:Hoffman disappeared because he's on the fourth line. I thought he looked good and showed speed when he was on Zib line briefly. Michalek is rusty as hell. He had the puck all alone in net and blew it.

Cameron is getting out coached.

Are you kidding?  Has he taken a hit in the series?  Hoffman is a perimeter player and this is exactly why you don't commit anything long term to him.  He is not a player you win with in your top 6.

The guy hasn't done anything since the games have really mattered.  He had a great year but saying it's because he's on the 4th line is ignoring some pretty obvious things.

Let's not exagerate. the guy sent us in the playoffs with his tying goal.

About the only thing he has done since that western swing in all honesty. I said he's a guy that would disappear come playoff time and man has he ever. Again this is a guy I would be very, very careful giving any kind f term to.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I just don't have much faith in Anderson, because each time they tried to bring him back in he's been sub-par. Giving up a 4-0 lead against Calgary, the loss to the Bruins, Leafs. Sub-.900 save percentage in March.

But the biggest reason is how the team played in front of him. Not that they've been good in the last two games in front of Hammond, mind you. 39 and 42 shots in the two games -- that's not how you are supposed to tighten things up in the post-season.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum