GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

PGDT - Game 2: Sens @ Canadiens - Friday, Apr 17th, 7:00pm

+11
Vandelay
Hoags
Oglethorpe
LeCaptain
TheAvatar
rooneypoo
PTFlea
wprager
Cap'n Clutch
SeawaySensFan
tim1_2
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 9]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:Ryan has not been worse than chiasson and that's evident in their ice time. Nobody is replacing Ryan guys.

That's certainly not evidence. It's an indictment, if anything. More minutes playing with better linemates.

Ryan has been slow, doesn't shoot, hasn't made any nice passes, isn't throwing his big body around. There is no compete in his game. Wouldn't be surprised if he has a broken rib or another sports hernia or something like that. He's not skating, he keeps falling down, no good shots. He's not "Bobby Ryan".

Hobiesens

Sophomore
Sophomore

I think we should be happy with the fact that they didn't play great hockey and yet they were in both of these games, a lucky bounce and we could've split. There's definitely issues (see Ryan) that need to be addressed but if the Sens come out playing better in the next 2 games I can't see them losing both.

Methot & Boro have been really good and I think that Lars Eller's legs must be made of really, really soft butter.

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
Ev wrote:Ryan has not been worse than chiasson and that's evident in their ice time. Nobody is replacing Ryan guys.

That's certainly not evidence.  It's an indictment, if anything.  More minutes playing with better linemates.

Ryan has been slow, doesn't shoot, hasn't made any nice passes, isn't throwing his big body around.  There is no compete in his game.  Wouldn't be surprised if he has a broken rib or another sports hernia or something like that.  He's not skating, he keeps falling down, no good shots.  He's not "Bobby Ryan".

He is injured but is still miles better than any other option

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:
Hoags wrote:Hoffman disappeared because he's on the fourth line. I thought he looked good and showed speed when he was on Zib line briefly. Michalek is rusty as hell. He had the puck all alone in net and blew it.

Cameron is getting out coached.

Are you kidding?  Has he taken a hit in the series?  Hoffman is a perimeter player and this is exactly why you don't commit anything long term to him.  He is not a player you win with in your top 6.

Yeah he took a big hit from Subban or someone at one point.

He's a lot more useful than Chiasson at this point. The play dies as soon as he touches the puck. Hoffman is fast.

I'd say he's more dangerous than Michalek and Ryan out there.

And who won the Pittsburgh game again?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:
wprager wrote:

That's certainly not evidence.  It's an indictment, if anything.  More minutes playing with better linemates.

Ryan has been slow, doesn't shoot, hasn't made any nice passes, isn't throwing his big body around.  There is no compete in his game.  Wouldn't be surprised if he has a broken rib or another sports hernia or something like that.  He's not skating, he keeps falling down, no good shots.  He's not "Bobby Ryan".

He is injured but is still miles better than any other option

So, so wrong.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I don't think Hoffman is the reason we lost, and I don't think putting him in the top-six will be a reason we win. I don't really see a problem with him playing 4th line minutes, but there is a problem with him playing against Montreal's 4th line.

Maybe with the home ice advantage Cameron will be able to give him more advantageous match-ups. He can still contribute and be useful, but he's not the type of player to power through anything. Don't expect him to be that way (and, consequently, don't pay him what those players get).

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Whatever has been said I still think Hammond has been at best average. The saves he didn't make should have been made half the time at least. That shot in OT was easily stoppable just don't expose yourself like that and go down when the puck is coming at you from lower. The thing that is so unpredictable with Hammond is no one knows how he will stop the puck. That also opens him up also to all kinds of different ways to score some teams wouldn't usually try when they know a guy.
Poor rebound control, 5 hole open, not good on the one on one.... The chances to score on him are good right now.
I'm not blaming it all on Hammond obviously but I think this team might be out of gas. I don't think the habs are playing amazingly either. They have more intensity but they aren't making amazing plays, the games are tight. They will get crushed in round 2unless they step it up.

Bobby is def hurt but you can't take him out. He is a threat and the other team reacts accordingly. Subbing him with a guy like smith would be ridiculous. He's hurt no doubt. Karlsson also. Stone looked hurt for sure yesterday... Ya Hoffman needs to step up or he will be packaged out of here with Anderson this summer.

I can understand if they stick with Hammond to be honest as I think this team has moved on from Anderson already. If we can't pull it off with what we got we are done. PK knew exactly what he was doing by taking stone out. He was our clutch player. Without him as effective it's not the same line.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Bobby Ryan is a "threat"? One point in his last 11 games, 1 goal in his last 20 and he can't shoot the puck right now. He probably had 2 nice offensive plays last night and about 6 or 7 poor ones. I don't blame him, he's obviously injured. Somehow Ryan was incredibly cold during the same period the team was red hot.

I am really surprised more people don't see this and agree he should be either really limited in ice time or taken out completely. Like, really surprised.

Vandelay

Vandelay
Sophomore
Sophomore

tim1_2 wrote:Bobby Ryan is a "threat"?  One point in his last 11 games, 1 goal in his last 20 and he can't shoot the puck right now. He probably had 2 nice offensive plays last night and about 6 or 7 poor ones. I don't blame him, he's obviously injured. Somehow Ryan was incredibly cold during the same period the team was red hot.

I am really surprised more people don't see this and agree he should be either really limited in ice time or taken out completely. Like, really surprised.

I 100% agree and posted it during the game last night. I was extremely frustrated because I thought Zib had a really great game but he's got nothing to work with. Michalek was better and I think he'll improve again in game 3 and Ryan was also better than he was in game 1 but ya, I agree, he's got no zip on his shot and he can't skate. I'd move Lazar or Pageau up and bring in Greening to play with Condra.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

There was a play in the 2nd or 3rd last night with bobby coming down the right wing, and he sailed a REALLY weak wrister about two feet wide of the far post. It was hard to watch. There were numerous other times where I was frustrated with his decisions or plays too. He's said himself that his head isn't right, and I imagine it's because he's hurt. No shame in admitting that and coming out of the lineup.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Hoags wrote:
NEELY wrote:
Hoags wrote:Hoffman disappeared because he's on the fourth line. I thought he looked good and showed speed when he was on Zib line briefly. Michalek is rusty as hell. He had the puck all alone in net and blew it.

Cameron is getting out coached.

Are you kidding?  Has he taken a hit in the series?  Hoffman is a perimeter player and this is exactly why you don't commit anything long term to him.  He is not a player you win with in your top 6.

Yeah he took a big hit from Subban or someone at one point.

He's a lot more useful than Chiasson at this point.  The play dies as soon as he touches the puck. Hoffman is fast.

I'd say he's more dangerous than Michalek and Ryan out there.

And who won the Pittsburgh game again?

Oh did Hoffman win it? I was under the impression he scored a goal with a seeing eye shot from basically the blueline tying the game. Did you really just pull the "he won the game" card?

If you can't see how poor Hoffman has been playing the last 6 weeks I am not what to tell you. He's a perimeter player and right now the Sens need guys to get in there and score some dirty goals.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Flo The Action wrote:Whatever has been said I still think Hammond has been at best average. The saves he didn't make should have been made half the time at least. That shot in OT was easily stoppable just don't expose yourself like that and go down when the puck is coming at you from lower. The thing that is so unpredictable with Hammond is no one knows how he will stop the puck. That also opens him up also to all kinds of different ways to score some teams wouldn't usually try when they know a guy.
Poor rebound control, 5 hole open, not good on the one on one.... The chances to score on him are good right now.
I'm not blaming it all on Hammond obviously but I think this team might be out of gas. I don't think the habs are playing amazingly either. They have more intensity but they aren't making amazing plays, the games are tight. They will get crushed in round 2unless they step it up.

Bobby is def hurt but you can't take him out. He is a threat and the other team reacts accordingly. Subbing him with a guy like smith would be ridiculous. He's hurt no doubt. Karlsson also. Stone looked hurt for sure yesterday... Ya Hoffman needs to step up or he will be packaged out of here with Anderson this summer.

I can understand if they stick with Hammond to be honest as I think this team has moved on from Anderson already. If we can't pull it off with what we got we are done. PK knew exactly what he was doing by taking stone out. He was our clutch player. Without him as effective it's not the same line.

Basically your saying he needs to pitch a SO to win these games? He's expected to do it as well? Right.

Guy has been pretty good so far in the PO's and if the Sens ever figure out there is a 2nd period in every single hockey game then Hammond would have been even better.

I am pretty much disgusted the guy who got the Sens to where they are and saved the season is the scape goat now. Pretty pathetic, this comment and a lot of others.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Flo The Action wrote:

The Kaptain appears to agree:

Don Brennan ‏@SunDoniB 35m35 minutes ago

Given goalie switches are sometimes made to change momentum, Karlsson was asked if that's something to be considered. "No," he said #sens

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:Whatever has been said I still think Hammond has been at best average. The saves he didn't make should have been made half the time at least. That shot in OT was easily stoppable just don't expose yourself like that and go down when the puck is coming at you from lower. The thing that is so unpredictable with Hammond is no one knows how he will stop the puck. That also opens him up also to all kinds of different ways to score some teams wouldn't usually try when they know a guy.

Basically your saying he needs to pitch a SO to win these games?  He's expected to do it as well?  Right.

Guy has been pretty good so far in the PO's and if the Sens ever figure out there is a 2nd period in every single hockey game then Hammond would have been even better.  

I am pretty much disgusted the guy who got the Sens to where they are and saved the season is the scape goat now.  Pretty pathetic, this comment and a lot of others.
hey. my tune hasnt changed. this whole time ive been saying that i dont think his style of game is sustainable. i'm npot saying he hasnt been there but i think he's letting some goals in that he should of stopped.(also stopping some he could of let in)  but it's pretty painful when it's stops he should make.
hammond scares the Dung out of me everytime there's a breakaway. the guy isn't magical at all on the one on one. he leaves himself open too often also on angles he should be protecting. that OT goal last night should of been stopped.

no one is throwing him under the bus and saying the losses are his own fault. we got injuries and guys that are simply out of gas also. the sens are not playing up to potential right now. at every position.
 had we had we'd probably be looking at at least a split right now cause they were close game but i think that's entirely on us and not the habs for being that much better.

i still think we can dig our way out but it's gonna take the whole team to crank it up a notch.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ryan needs to play. He's still a threat and was much better. I look forward to him being healthy once and for all though.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Flo, that OT goal is exactly the kind of goal that very often ends an OT game. Gryba screwed up not getting it out, Hammond made the save, MacArthur sho;d never have let Galchenyuk just skate after the puck by himself. He should have skated right after him so he could be in a position to prevent the shot. You can't ever let anyone shoot in OT -- that's got to be your goal.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispensed wrote:Ryan needs to play.  He's still a threat and was much better.  I look forward to him being healthy once and for all though.

He's been like this for about 20 games. Whatever it is is not going to get better by continuing to play. And his current level of play is actually hurting the team. Reminds me of Fisher, that year he had cracjed ribs but would not come out.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:Ryan needs to play.  He's still a threat and was much better.  I look forward to him being healthy once and for all though.

He's been like this for about 20 games.  Whatever it is is not going to get better by continuing to play.  And his current level of play is actually hurting the team.  Reminds me of Fisher, that year he had cracjed ribs but would not come out.  

What a warrior. *swoon*

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum