GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

PGDT - Game 2: Sens @ Canadiens - Friday, Apr 17th, 7:00pm

+11
Vandelay
Hoags
Oglethorpe
LeCaptain
TheAvatar
rooneypoo
PTFlea
wprager
Cap'n Clutch
SeawaySensFan
tim1_2
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 9]

TheAvatar

Veteran
Veteran

It's been an awesome run. But the end is near Sad

rooneypoo

All-Star
All-Star

TheAvatar wrote:It's been an awesome run. But the end is near Sad

Psssh. Now that we're entering a must-win game -- the only kind of game we have known for the last 2 months -- we've got em right where we want em.

Sarcasm

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

LeCaptain wrote:Am I the only one who saw Bryan Murray turn to Dorion and say "Andrew Hammond" on the OT goal?

Lol, that's what I saw too.

Basically, we've shot ourselves in the foot these two games with sub-par defensive plays (Ceci game 1, Gryba game 2), and Hammond hasn't been quite as good as we need....close but no cigar. Either game so far could've gone either way.

Bobby was terrible again. Imagine if he was healthy/playing well and we still had a healthy Stone.

We might see Anderson next game.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Hoags wrote:Wouldn't blame Hammond for the loss but he isn't stealing anything for us either.

Umm, the first goal that beat him was the 16th shot on goal and came on the PP. In both games they were down by just 1 going into the third and he hasn't given up a goal in the third period. In both games the Sens had a very bad 2nd period. Hammond is the classic definition of "gives them a chance to win".

On that shot in OT, what do they teach you in hockey? On the offense, shoot from anywhere (which is what Galchenyuk did); on defense, don't ever let them shoot (which is not what MacArthur did). Gryba gave the puck away, for sure, but with Galchenyuk skating away from the goal and to the puck, MacArthur didn't go after him but kinda just stood there. He should have been within a stick reach from him and then it's an easy deflection and the puck goes nowhere near the net.

Little lapses like that have sunk this team. But they *will* win game 3, and after that, as they say, it's a different series. Must win two at home.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

LeCaptain wrote:Am I the only one who saw Bryan Murray turn to Dorion and say "Andrew Hammond" on the OT goal?

He said "Damn! Gryba!"

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I think some lineup changes are long overdue. Bobby Ryan needs to sit out. I'd rather have a raw rookie in Prince over him at this point. I am a huge Ryan fan the way he played in January/February but something happened to him in March and he's been very, very bad. Was it that late hit by Petry? Since that game, if you exclude that Sharks game when he had 3 assists, he had 1 goal and 1 assist in the other 15 regular season games.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Hoags wrote:Wouldn't blame Hammond for the loss but he isn't stealing anything for us either.

He had 40 shots last night, lol, he kept them in the first period of game 1... he's the Sens #1 guy and he's been just fine in this series. Throwing him under the bus is about the most gutless thing any fan can do right now.

Fact is Ottawa is running out of steam right now and maybe they find something inside and they tie the series but don't be surprised if they don't and absolutely don't blame Hammond.

Right now a huge problem is Ryan for one (no idea what's wrong but he's not right) and the Hoffman disappearing act as well (predicted by some). The Sens also absolutely need a puck mover on that 3rd pairing next year because right now it's Borowiecki carrying that pairing.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Why would we see Anderson next game? Hammond was fantastic.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

SpezDispensed wrote:I felt that Hammond was the reason we even got to OT.  

He was. He's been shutting the door and what is basically being asked of him is to shut out the Habs or the Sens have no chance. Pretty tall task all things considered.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

SpezDispensed wrote:Why would we see Anderson next game?  Hammond was fantastic.

The guy who has won 1 hockey game in 2015?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

There's no way. If Hammond had been poor or just ok then maybe, but he was so solid.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Hammond been's fine and probably the Sens best player. This was a year where they turned the corner and they have a clear core which has over achieved and made SPORTS history. Next year there will be a ton of optimism again and the best part of all this is there is a new group of player that the city can grow with.

The other thing is if the Sens win game 3 it's a new series, someone has to be down 2-1 after 3 and it will have to be the Sens. People giving up on this team again are gutless, they have shown they can beat the odds time and time again whether it was their record down the stretch, the 3-0 game to Pitt, or whatever else. Either buy into what the team is or shut your mouths.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:

Lol, that's what I saw too.

Basically, we've shot ourselves in the foot these two games with sub-par defensive plays (Ceci game 1, Gryba game 2), and Hammond hasn't been quite as good as we need....close but no cigar. Either game so far could've gone either way.

Bobby was terrible again. Imagine if he was healthy/playing well and we still had a healthy Stone.

We might see Anderson next game.

Ceci may not have had a good G2 but that short-handed goal is all on Legwand's horrible pass -- not only was it a bad decision (two Habs players right next to Ceci -- this means there were 3 Ottawa players and only 2 Habs players in the other direction), but the execution was poor, putting the puck right in his skates. Karlsson might have been able to stick-handle/skate his way out of that mess but Ceci's best move probably would have been to not even try to stop the puck but turn around and high-tail it back to his own end.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Hoffman disappeared because he's on the fourth line. I thought he looked good and showed speed when he was on Zib line briefly. Michalek is rusty as hell. He had the puck all alone in net and blew it.

Cameron is getting out coached.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Hoags wrote:Hoffman disappeared because he's on the fourth line. I thought he looked good and showed speed when he was on Zib line briefly. Michalek is rusty as hell. He had the puck all alone in net and blew it.

Cameron is getting out coached.

Are you kidding? Has he taken a hit in the series? Hoffman is a perimeter player and this is exactly why you don't commit anything long term to him. He is not a player you win with in your top 6.

The guy hasn't done anything since the games have really mattered. He had a great year but saying it's because he's on the 4th line is ignoring some pretty obvious things.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lol. My my such strong opinions.

The only reason I said we might see Anderson is because Cameron kinda sounded like he wasn't crazy about Hammond's performance in his post game comments. I would agree that Hammond played well for the most part, but he's been deep in his net. The Subban shot is stoppable if he's out a little further, and even the OT winner was a little soft, albeit off a brutal giveaway.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

LeCaptain wrote:Get BObby Ryan the Diddle out of there. If you can't contribute in any way nobody needs you trying to toughen up.

This was his best game in a month.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

tim1_2 wrote:Lol. My my such strong opinions.

The only reason I said we might see Anderson is because Cameron kinda sounded like he wasn't crazy about Hammond's performance in his post game comments. I would agree that Hammond played well for the most part, but he's been deep in his net. The Subban shot is stoppable if he's out a little further, and even the OT winner was a little soft, albeit off a brutal giveaway.

I'll be extremely disappointed if they go with Anderson and I don't think they will. In this season... this is Hammond's team. If people want to see a goalie struggling go to Chicago and see what's up.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum