GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GDT: Rangers @ Sens - Thursday, Mar 26th, 7:30pm, TSN5, RDS2

+8
LeCaptain
Flo The Action
wprager
Ev
SeawaySensFan
PTFlea
Cap'n Clutch
tim1_2
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 10]

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:Alright, so Clutch and I aren't allowed to attend games for a while...at least our seats were decent (front row behind the Rags bench)

Orrrrr we just stop calling it a date night?  Sarcasm

Nice try.

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:Alright, so Clutch and I aren't allowed to attend games for a while...at least our seats were decent (front row behind the Rags bench)

Nice try.

Can't blame a guy for trying to score more free tickets eh brah? Wink

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:

Nice try.

If you and Tim were to find your way onto the power play then I'd be on board.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:

Nice try.

Let's do it!

- Unknown Author

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:

Nice try.

Or you find a way to get this guy to the game and back. I never see them lose in Ottawa

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

One question, though: Did you guys detect a persistent and acute feces odour in the building because that power play sure looked like $hit!

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:

Nice try.

Let's do it!

We contemplated jumping the glass to brawl with stupid smiling Alain Vigneault.

And yeah, our PP was awful. I enjoyed when Cameron just started playing the 3rd and 4th lines on PPs.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

NEELY wrote:Sack of balls, yes.  He's been out 8 weeks with a bruise so...

This is the main reason I'm not comfortable with Anderson as our #1 going forward. There seems to be some kid of injury every season. Up until this concussion I was very comfortable with Lehner in that respect -- now, I wonder if this is a possible problem, too. I don't recall him being hit in the head by MacArthur so I was really surprised at the concussion diagnosis. The fact that he's not even skating is really troubling.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:

This is the main reason I'm not comfortable with Anderson as our #1 going forward.  There seems to be some kid of injury every season.  Up until this concussion I was very comfortable with Lehner in that respect -- now, I wonder if this is a possible problem, too.  I don't recall him being hit in the head by MacArthur so I was really surprised at the concussion diagnosis.  The fact that he's not even skating is really troubling.

If the team keeps playing the way they're supposed to it won't matter much who's in net.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SeawaySensFan wrote:
wprager wrote:

This is the main reason I'm not comfortable with Anderson as our #1 going forward.  There seems to be some kid of injury every season.  Up until this concussion I was very comfortable with Lehner in that respect -- now, I wonder if this is a possible problem, too.  I don't recall him being hit in the head by MacArthur so I was really surprised at the concussion diagnosis.  The fact that he's not even skating is really troubling.

If the team keeps playing the way they're supposed to it won't matter much who's in net.

It mattered last night. Some of those goals were stoppable. That 3rd one was a back breaker and should have been an easy stop.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Honestly we needed to lose at some point and I am happy it was against the Rangers. Sure they're likely going to play one another in the playoffs but to me this brought the Sens back to reality - they know they need to be better to beat them.

Leafs on Saturday, Florida Sunday. Win these games and we're looking good again.

Hammond 0-2 in record-setting games

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
wprager wrote:

It mattered last night.  Some of those goals were stoppable.  That 3rd one was a back breaker and should have been an easy stop.

Over the course of a whole season it wouldn't matter and don't even start with the "some of those goals were stoppable" BS.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

That's a cup caliber team we faced. People need to remember how good they are.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I guess the loss last night and horrendous power play weren't enough to warrant a practice today. 7 skaters at optional skate today.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Man the Hammond love is getting out of hand. Clowns everywhere saying Hammond is our best netminder, Hammond is better than lehner, Hammond over anderson....
I'm all for giving the kid his shot but whoever thinks Hammond is better than Lehner should give their heads a shake. Hammond will start posting regular numbers at one point. I will stay on my line with this. We go with Lehner next year and let management figure out who backs up.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Anderson to go over Hammond? Sounds like Hammond is quite sore.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Hammond in no way, shape, or form is the best goaltender the Sens have and he isn't even top 2, sorry but that's the reality of it. This isn't to take a thing away from what he's done for the Sens or what he is actually capable of but he is not an NHL starter and never, ever will be.

In the same breath if I am the Sens I give him a 2 year, 1 way deal to be the backup because he's a guy that's going to be more than happy to take it, more than happy just to be in the NHL, and more than happy to be part of this team going forward (at least for a little while). He's proven he can win games at the NHL level and he battles and won't quit, that's the backup you want no matter who your #1 is. He deserves that roster spot but ONLY that spot.

What Hammond has done and continues to do for the Sens is nothing short of amazing and miraculous. He's playing through injury and just trying to help his team win. There has never been a player in the Sens organization that you could cheer for more than him. He's been fantastic but reality is starting to set in with the guy. He's better than he was last night but he's injured and tired but he battled.

As for Anderson, yah it's time to suck it up and play some f***ing hockey. The entire team has put up with his on again, off again BS for 3 seasons now. He's a capable goalie, arguably the best goalie the Sens have ever had but he refuses to battle and play through pain (apparently the name dropper was saying something similar). They need Anderson to finish this stretch off but after this season ends, short of winning a Stanley Cup his Donkey should be shown the door because you can't depend on him and a lot of people have said that for a long time. He's a headcase and not a guy you want around other goalies short of a guy like Hammond.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

wprager wrote:

Nor should you or anyone else be. Rather Lehner bust out working his a$$ off along with all his faults then have a guy like Anderson playing like a #1 40 games a year, another 10 letting in the first shot, and the other 30 out with some sort of weird hand injury that is probably just fine after a couple weeks. (for the normal human).

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum