GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GDT: Rangers @ Sens - Thursday, Mar 26th, 7:30pm, TSN5, RDS2

+8
LeCaptain
Flo The Action
wprager
Ev
SeawaySensFan
PTFlea
Cap'n Clutch
tim1_2
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 10]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Anderson to go over Hammond? Sounds like Hammond is quite sore.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Hammond in no way, shape, or form is the best goaltender the Sens have and he isn't even top 2, sorry but that's the reality of it. This isn't to take a thing away from what he's done for the Sens or what he is actually capable of but he is not an NHL starter and never, ever will be.

In the same breath if I am the Sens I give him a 2 year, 1 way deal to be the backup because he's a guy that's going to be more than happy to take it, more than happy just to be in the NHL, and more than happy to be part of this team going forward (at least for a little while). He's proven he can win games at the NHL level and he battles and won't quit, that's the backup you want no matter who your #1 is. He deserves that roster spot but ONLY that spot.

What Hammond has done and continues to do for the Sens is nothing short of amazing and miraculous. He's playing through injury and just trying to help his team win. There has never been a player in the Sens organization that you could cheer for more than him. He's been fantastic but reality is starting to set in with the guy. He's better than he was last night but he's injured and tired but he battled.

As for Anderson, yah it's time to suck it up and play some f***ing hockey. The entire team has put up with his on again, off again BS for 3 seasons now. He's a capable goalie, arguably the best goalie the Sens have ever had but he refuses to battle and play through pain (apparently the name dropper was saying something similar). They need Anderson to finish this stretch off but after this season ends, short of winning a Stanley Cup his Donkey should be shown the door because you can't depend on him and a lot of people have said that for a long time. He's a headcase and not a guy you want around other goalies short of a guy like Hammond.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

wprager wrote:
NEELY wrote:Sack of balls, yes.  He's been out 8 weeks with a bruise so...

This is the main reason I'm not comfortable with Anderson as our #1 going forward.  There seems to be some kid of injury every season.  Up until this concussion I was very comfortable with Lehner in that respect -- now, I wonder if this is a possible problem, too.  I don't recall him being hit in the head by MacArthur so I was really surprised at the concussion diagnosis.  The fact that he's not even skating is really troubling.

Nor should you or anyone else be. Rather Lehner bust out working his a$$ off along with all his faults then have a guy like Anderson playing like a #1 40 games a year, another 10 letting in the first shot, and the other 30 out with some sort of weird hand injury that is probably just fine after a couple weeks. (for the normal human).

NEELY

Mod
Mod

SpezDispensed wrote:Anderson to go over Hammond?   Sounds like Hammond is quite sore.

He better.  If Anderson can't play this weekend kick him out of the room and move him in the off season.  Dreidger might not be ready for what's about to come his way but the team in front of him can win.  Truth be told I liked the way Dreidger looked in net last night just as I have any time I watched him play.  Very little movement, very composed, and very square to the shooter.  He plays like an NHL goalie which is sound positionally and makes himself look big.  I have always maintained he will be an NHL goalie and even if this is way too soon for him (and it is) there's no choice at this point.

Hell, making his NHL debut on HNIC and beating the Leafs is a great way to start a career.  The team in front of him should beat the Leafs if I was in net, it shouldn't matter. The Sens have shown what they can do for a goalie who is willing to play hard and battle, I expect nothing less from a 20 year old kid.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

By all the tweets coming out it sounds like Hammond is injured, not hurt (Anderson), injured. The guy could very well have done some real damage to his ankle or leg, whatever it is, and he still went out there last night and gave it his best damn shot. Hammond cannot receive enough praise at this point from anyone who watches hockey... BUT lets be realistic in terms of where he actually fits on any NHL team.

He should be the backup in Ottawa next year no matter who the #1 is.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:Anderson to go over Hammond?   Sounds like Hammond is quite sore.

He better.  If Anderson can't play this weekend kick him out of the room and move him in the off season.  Dreidger might not be ready for what's about to come his way but the team in front of him can win.  Truth be told I liked the way Dreidger looked in net last night just as I have any time I watched him play.  Very little movement, very composed, and very square to the shooter.  He plays like an NHL goalie which is sound positionally and makes himself look big.  I have always maintained he will be an NHL goalie and even if this is way too soon for him (and it is) there's no choice at this point.

Hell, making his NHL debut on HNIC and beating the Leafs is a great way to start a career.  The team in front of him should beat the Leafs if I was in net, it shouldn't matter.  The Sens have shown what they can do for a goalie who is willing to play hard and battle, I expect nothing less from a 20 year old kid.

If Anderson is not 100 percent I don't see why you wouldn't give him one more day and start Driedger against the Leaves.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Because he will never be 100%.  That's the entire point.  No one in that room is 100%, no one in the NHL is 100%, and Andrew Hammond certainly is not 100%.  It's Hasek all over again.

On that note though I would love to see Dreidger get his first NHL start and potentially his first win against the Leafs. I really like him as a goalie and I think he does a lot of things well and will play in the NHL on a regular basis. Not sure what his potential is though, too young to really know.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:Because he will never be 100%.  That's the entire point.  No one in that room is 100%, no one in the NHL is 100%, and Andrew Hammond certainly is not 100%.  It's Hasek all over again.

On that note though I would love to see Dreidger get his first NHL start and potentially his first win against the Leafs.  I really like him as a goalie and I think he does a lot of things well and will play in the NHL on a regular basis.  Not sure what his potential is though, too young to really know.

OK. Let's just say he'll be closer to 100 percent on Sunday than he might be tomorrow. In which case I still don't see the harm in starting young Driedger v. the Leaves.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

I don't see a ton of harm starting Dreidger either but Anderson hasn't been healthy for 8 weeks because of the deep bone bruise or w/e the hell it is so I find it rather hard to believe (and I don't) that 22 hours is going to make any difference in any kind of way.

I am just sick of the BS with Anderson. Guy is a wreck mentally and always has been.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Chris Johnston ‏@reporterchris
Phil Kessel and David Booth just had a wrestling match at #leafs practice. And they weren't goofing around.
276 retweets 155 favorites

There weren't any big punches thrown in the Kessel-Booth dustup, but tempers were running hot and #leafs teammates had to separate them.
87 retweets 46 favorites

Yah, maybe start Dreidger lol

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:Chris Johnston ‏@reporterchris
Phil Kessel and David Booth just had a wrestling match at #leafs practice. And they weren't goofing around.
276 retweets 155 favorites

There weren't any big punches thrown in the Kessel-Booth dustup, but tempers were running hot and #leafs teammates had to separate them.
87 retweets 46 favorites

Yah, maybe start Dreidger lol

Must have been a fight over the last donut available at the MasterCard Centre for Hockey Excellence.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Either way, Anderson should be sucking it up and going in there against the Leafs tomorrow. It's time he battled for his team, they usually battle because he's injured.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Wayne Scanlan @HockeyScanner  ·  31m 31 minutes ago

Anderson: "we're not sure about the weekend," is feeling better. In the right direction. "Really close."
6 retweets 3 favorites

Wayne Scanlan @HockeyScanner  ·  23m 23 minutes ago

Anderson still having some issue gripping the stick.

Wayne Scanlan @HockeyScanner  ·  10m 10 minutes ago

Cameron not sure who starts. Two goalies banged up. "We'll see what tomorrow brings." Driedger is still a possibility.

What... a... pussi. I'm not one to call out any person for any reason if they believe they are playing injured or hurt but Anderson loses any kind of benefit of the doubt in my mind.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I don't see why you don't start Driedger. He deserves the chance and Toronto blows.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

If we don't move Anderson in the summer I think it will be a big mistake. He's been great for us but can't be relied on. I'd like to see Lehner given the net.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:I don't see why you don't start Driedger. He deserves the chance and Toronto blows.

I'm sorry, why does he deserve the chance? Because he was called in as a backup? I don't think he's earned anything yet.

EDIT: He got to play in an NHL game. I don't see how he's earned anything more than that.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

spader wrote:
Ev wrote:I don't see why you don't start Driedger. He deserves the chance and Toronto blows.

I'm sorry, why does he deserve the chance? Because he was called in as a backup? I don't think he's earned anything yet.

He's earned more than Curtis "Free Ride" Lazar.

GDT: Rangers @ Sens - Thursday, Mar 26th, 7:30pm, TSN5, RDS2 - Page 8 852933671

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:I guess the loss last night and horrendous power play weren't enough to warrant a practice today. 7 skaters at optional skate today.

They were a step behind from the puck drop. I think they're outta gas and probably need the rest. They practiced before that abortion of a game; it didn't help. I think they probably weighed the need for rest against the need for a practice.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum