GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GDT: Rangers @ Sens - Thursday, Mar 26th, 7:30pm, TSN5, RDS2

+8
LeCaptain
Flo The Action
wprager
Ev
SeawaySensFan
PTFlea
Cap'n Clutch
tim1_2
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down  Message [Page 9 of 10]

spader

All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:I don't see why you don't start Driedger. He deserves the chance and Toronto blows.

I'm sorry, why does he deserve the chance? Because he was called in as a backup? I don't think he's earned anything yet.

EDIT: He got to play in an NHL game. I don't see how he's earned anything more than that.

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

spader wrote:
Ev wrote:I don't see why you don't start Driedger. He deserves the chance and Toronto blows.

I'm sorry, why does he deserve the chance? Because he was called in as a backup? I don't think he's earned anything yet.

He's earned more than Curtis "Free Ride" Lazar.

GDT: Rangers @ Sens - Thursday, Mar 26th, 7:30pm, TSN5, RDS2 - Page 9 852933671

spader

All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:I guess the loss last night and horrendous power play weren't enough to warrant a practice today. 7 skaters at optional skate today.

They were a step behind from the puck drop. I think they're outta gas and probably need the rest. They practiced before that abortion of a game; it didn't help. I think they probably weighed the need for rest against the need for a practice.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:
spader wrote:

Haha. I don't see how he's earned anything. The fact that he had to get called up doesn't mean the Sens owe him something. I don't understand that line of reasoning.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

I wonder what Smith will do next game. He was awful last night. It can't be easy with Greening on the same line (they both seemed to be skating through sand), but I expected more from him. He threw a few nice hits for sure, but I wish he wasn't always a second behind when the puck gets to him.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I think Driedger deserves a start after coming in and shutting the door last night. We can't play Hammond two games in a row.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:
spader wrote:

Did you know that Lazar leads the forwards in hits? I like his potential a lot. I think he'll be great in 3 years. I think he goes to the AHL next season for the first half or so.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:I think Driedger deserves a start after coming in and shutting the door last night. We can't play Hammond two games in a row.

Ok. You have a point. I withdraw my objections. I think I get stuck on the idea that he deserves or is owed a start. He came in and did his job. He did well in a very small sample. I don't think he earns something for that.

Still, he shut the door. Maybe that's enough.

New goalie-saviour streak starts tomorrow?

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Me and Clutch both agreed that Lazar has been better lately. He's starting to finally find his scoring touch...maybe?

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:Me and Clutch both agreed that Lazar has been better lately. He's starting to finally find his scoring touch...maybe?

Easy for you guys when you're scouting live games.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:Me and Clutch both agreed that Lazar has been better lately. He's starting to finally find his scoring touch...maybe?

That whole line was the only decent thing about that game. Gotta give Cameron credit for sticking with the 5-some of Gryba, Borocop, Legwand,Smith and Greening despite them being the worst possible combo to have out there.

- Unknown Author

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:

That whole line was the only decent thing about that game.  Gotta give Cameron credit for sticking with the 5-some of Gryba, Borocop, Legwand,Smith and Greening despite them being the worst possible combo to have out there.

Based on the few seconds of power play time they had, I would say that if they played every power play minute available last night, I would have posted "Hams. Burgled." after the match.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:

Easy for you guys when you're scouting live games.

Living the good life, what can I say.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Ev wrote:I think Driedger deserves a start after coming in and shutting the door last night. We can't play Hammond two games in a row.

If no one else can play lol... what choice is there.  Deserve or not.

On a similar note BU is losing to Yale 1-0 right now so perhaps we see O'Connor tomorrow night?  Ottawa really needs BU to lose.  BTW O'Connor has looked unreal, he's a legit prospect and a developed one at that.

He's huge, moves well, not too active in there (calm), really hope they lose here just so we know.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:

If no one else can play lol... what choice is there.  Deserve or not.

On a similar note BU is losing to Yale 1-0 right now so perhaps we see O'Connor tomorrow night?  Ottawa really needs BU to lose.  BTW O'Connor has looked unreal, he's a legit prospect and a developed one at that.

He's huge, moves well, not too active in there (calm), really hope they lose here just so we know.

McKenzie says he might take some time to visit with some teams before he decides but if Ottawa rolls up and says" tell you what, sign with us and you play TONIGHT" I think he signs up right away! lol

NEELY

Mod
Mod

In all seriousness, he might be the best option right now and going forward if everyone is hurt. The Sens need him at this point, like right now. Not saying he deserves to be at the NHL level or is ready to be but he's no worse than what Ottawa has right now available to them.

It's not even out of the relm of possibility that he could start for the Sens in the playoffs. Literally the only team that could offer him that in the NHL.

Buffalo and Edmonton would destroy him at this point, NYR there's no chance he's the starter there for 4, 5 years min. Ottawa, there's a chance he makes the NHL next year and starts because I agree with Ev... Anderson should be moved no matter what. Nothing worse than a #1 you can't count on.

Boston scored, 1-1.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Another side note, Baillargeon looks really, really good. Perimeter player for sure so he might not have it but NCAA wise one of the best players out there.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I think Anderson will go vs Toronto. They said he looked good in practice and it really sounds like Hammond is in discomfort - which says something about his performance vs the rangers.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 9 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum