GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+19
TheAvatar
LeCaptain
Hobiesens
Cap'n Clutch
DefenceWinsChampionships
tim1_2
SensHulk
Ev
rooneypoo
wprager
Flo The Action
SeawaySensFan
shabbs
Hoags
NEELY
sandysensfan
PTFlea
spader
22_4_ever
23 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 50 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 34 of 67]

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
shabbs wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:Maybe Monday morning mystery montage?

HolyCow! 

As usual you've summed it up perfectly brah.
Brah.

Whah?

Yah!

Aah!!!
Ohhhh!

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Pretty soon the "Aaahs" and "Ohhhs" will turn to "Oooohs!" and "Yesss!" and this thread will have to be locked down.

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Or we could completely derail it and express our sympathies to the Williams' family. RIP Robin Williams.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Tribute already started in the "What am I watching ..." thread.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Rumours from my contacts are coming in that BRF won't re-sign in Ottawa. Not sure how legit that is, but we'll see. We'll know when we know.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

lol your contacts Wink

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Ev wrote:lol your contacts Wink
Heh.

#Insider

Didn't know how to word it...

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

well the guy with legit contacts on HF said they agreed to an extension last month. Just working out details

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Ev wrote:well the guy with legit contacts on HF said they agreed to an extension last month. Just working out details
I hope he's right.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:Rumours from my contacts are coming in that BRF won't re-sign in Ottawa. Not sure how legit that is, but we'll see. We'll know when we know.

This is what I've been reporting for months here as well. Hope I'm wrong but that rarely (never) happens.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I'll get ripped but I honestly wouldn't be too sad if he didn't re-sign. Good player but not a franchise player who isn't extremely hard to replace. I want him signed, but if we traded him at the deadline for something nice it wouldn't be the end of the world.

I really think he's going to sign though. There is currently no reason to suggest he won't.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

I'll be pretty pissed if he isn't resigned because there is no reason not to resign him.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:I'll be pretty pissed if he isn't resigned because there is no reason not to resign him.

The reason would be his own reason, not the team's. Why get pissed at that?

If his demands were outrageous and the team declined to pay him that then I'd be on their side as well. Can't pay a 60 point guy anything he wants.

But regardless if he doesn't sign it won't be because the team didn't want to sign him and didn't give him good terms.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Ev wrote:
NEELY wrote:I'll be pretty pissed if he isn't resigned because there is no reason not to resign him.

If his demands were outrageous and the team declined to pay him that then I'd be on their side as well. Can't pay a 60 point guy anything he wants.

But regardless if he doesn't sign it won't be because the team didn't want to sign him and didn't give him good terms.

I have been very vocal in saying I don't believe the budget and players not wanting to be in Ottawa is as big of an issue as a lot of people are making it out to be but this would be a move that hurts the Sens and the organization. On ice play isn't the only thing that matters in Ottawa right now, off ice optics are important and you are over looking that in a big way right now.

Ryan is a make or break signing for this franchise IMO.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:
Ev wrote:

I have been very vocal in saying I don't believe the budget and players not wanting to be in Ottawa is as big of an issue as a lot of people are making it out to be but this would be a move that hurts the Sens and the organization.  On ice play isn't the only thing that matters in Ottawa right now, off ice optics are important and you are over looking that in a big way right now.

Ryan is a make or break signing for this franchise IMO.

I disagree but whatever. If they offered him $8 million over 8 years but he went somewhere else then that's his own problem, not Ottawa's budget problem.

Karlsson is a make or break. I don't think Ryan is. Team wouldn't miss a beat IMO, and Stone might just end up producing like him in a couple of years.

I think the optics would look bad but that's because the optics of Ryan are pretty blurred. He is thought of as some sort of superstar when in reality he is a bubble top 50 nhl player

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Obviously. Why the heck do you think I had/have my knickers twisted over this? This is as much about the off ice stability of the franchise as it is about Ryan staying. I bet they've sold 46 season tickets this summer - and some would say who can blame people for not buying them? The team that we're trotting out there is pretty good IMO - good enough to squeak into the playoffs if a lot of things go right - and absolutely good enough to evolved into one of the better teams in the East in years to come, but if every time a UFA that matters comes up, we sit here holding our weiners it looks friggin' terrible.

Even if you have to overpay him and MacArthur, you do what you have to do to show people that yes, we've had some issues in the past with players leaving, but these players are players that we have earmarked as 'core' players and we're not letting them go.

The fact that this has taken so long is really sad. Really gives the people with the budget Dung some ammunition and doesn't project a sense of stability or long term commitment to the franchise.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:
Karlsson is a make or break. I don't think Ryan is. Team wouldn't miss a beat IMO, and Stone might just end up producing like him in a couple of years.

Right and what are the odds of that? When is the last time the Sens produced a forward that puts up points/goals like Ryan?

It's probably not the end of the world but there's no good reason why they can't come to an agreement with Ryan.

None.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:Obviously.  Why the heck do you think I had/have my knickers twisted over this?  This is as much about the off ice stability of the franchise as it is about Ryan staying.  I bet they've sold 46 season tickets this summer - and some would say who can blame people for not buying them?  The team that we're trotting out there is pretty good IMO - good enough to squeak into the playoffs if a lot of things go right - and absolutely good enough to evolved into one of the better teams in the East in years to come, but if every time a UFA that matters comes up, we sit here holding our weiners it looks friggin' terrible.  

Even if you have to overpay him and MacArthur, you do what you have to do to show people that yes, we've had some issues in the past with players leaving, but these players are players that we have earmarked as 'core' players and we're not letting them go.

The fact that this has taken so long is really sad.  Really gives the people with the budget Dung some ammunition and doesn't project a sense of stability or long term commitment to the franchise.

That's hilarious. You sound like Sandy. Nobody thought they would be signed soon. Did you listen to Dorion a week or two ago?

Why is MacArthur a core player or a must sign? I feel like this is deja vu and we've already talked about this but I don't get the fascination over him. He isn't a must-keep, neither is Methot. Ryan I would say is for this current team, but again if he feels like playing somewhere else there's nothing they can do.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 34 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 50 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum