GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+19
TheAvatar
LeCaptain
Hobiesens
Cap'n Clutch
DefenceWinsChampionships
tim1_2
SensHulk
Ev
rooneypoo
wprager
Flo The Action
SeawaySensFan
shabbs
Hoags
NEELY
sandysensfan
PTFlea
spader
22_4_ever
23 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 42 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 18 of 67]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Flo The Action wrote:
wprager wrote:Obviously.
slow news day prags?

Last day before 2 weeks off. Surprisingly little to do. Usually I'm scrambling to finish up.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ev wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
Ev wrote:Lots of the players are joining up for an event or something as per the dude on HF

Bobby R leaving town, per Bobby R.

yeah in August he said.

I'm extremely confident they will sign every UFA except Anderson

Sounds like Methot is really interested in signing abd that they've had some really good talks. I wouldn't be surprised to hear a 4 year, 4.5 per year deal for both him and MacArthur.

Ryan...I'll just try to wait and hope instead of getting worried more than I am.

spader

All-Star
All-Star

This is good news. I love hearing that players want to be in Ottawa.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Methot is local. Nothing like home cooking after a night of hitting the hot spots.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
Ev wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
Ev wrote:Lots of the players are joining up for an event or something as per the dude on HF

Bobby R leaving town, per Bobby R.

yeah in August he said.

I'm extremely confident they will sign every UFA except Anderson

Sounds like Methot is really interested in signing abd that they've had some really good talks.  I wouldn't be surprised to hear a 4 year, 4.5 per year deal for both him and MacArthur.  

Ryan...I'll just try to wait and hope instead of getting worried more than I am.  

Methot's definitely a good talker.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:Methot is local.  Nothing like home cooking after a night of hitting the hot spots.

Lol.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

if they could get Ryan under contract first i'm sure all the other contracts would fall into place. he;s the key to changing the image of what's been going on.
get the superstar under long term contract and change the perception that there's an exodus happening in ottawa.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

if people could stop calling Ryan a superstar that would be great

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:if people could stop calling Ryan a superstar that would be great

30+ goals in his first four full seasons, and he does have a flair for the theatrical goals -- the wrong-curve stick, then the exploding stick. If he has a healthy full season playing with Turris and MacArthur with Karlsson feeding them the outlet passes or carrying the puck, he could score 40.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:

30+ goals in his first four full seasons, and he does have a flair for the theatrical goals -- the wrong-curve stick, then the exploding stick.  If he has a healthy full season playing with Turris and MacArthur with Karlsson feeding them the outlet passes or carrying the puck, he could score 40.  

Is James Neal a superstar?

There's a dozen superstars in the league at the forward position and Ryan is certainly not one of them.
Even a star is a reach.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Stats are not the only thing that define a superstar in this league. Advertising pays a huge part. All Star appearances. International competition. I'm not saying Ryan is a superstar, but he could be. Wouldn't take much. If he had more of a willingness to promote himself he could have a lot more visibility. Thing is, a guy who spends his summers in a cabin in the middle of nowhere probably doesn't want that kind of visibility. Out maybe his past has a lot to do with that, and maybe a market like Ottawa will alter his outlook.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

LeKing wrote:
wprager wrote:

30+ goals in his first four full seasons, and he does have a flair for the theatrical goals -- the wrong-curve stick, then the exploding stick.  If he has a healthy full season playing with Turris and MacArthur with Karlsson feeding them the outlet passes or carrying the puck, he could score 40.  

Is James Neal a superstar?

There's a dozen superstars in the league at the forward position and Ryan is certainly not one of them.
Even a star is a reach.

really? i think it's fair to say he's a superstar. 4 seasons of 30 goals and with the possibility of more? i'd say he's a a superstar. he might not be elite like crosby or malkin but id say he's a star. he's def a superstar on the ottawa roster. a guy that can produce 30+ every year (apart from a lock out year and an injured year where he would of by all counts barring that injury) is pretty much a star. maybe we should get tedious and have different gradings of stars? Sarcasm 
seriously, let's not get anal here.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

There's a difference between star and superstar. Neal is not a superstar.

Ottawas superstar is karlsson. There's a reason Dorion said he is the only big name on the team.

Matt moulson isn't a superstar. There's your comparison for Ryan

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

He's a pretty big name, though. If you recall last June there was quite a buzz about the trade. Biggest name of the off-season.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Ryan is definitely a star and definitely not a superstar. Karlsson is the only superstar on the team.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:There's a difference between star and superstar. Neal is not a superstar.

Ottawas superstar is karlsson. There's a reason Dorion said he is the only big name on the team.

Ryan is a step up on Moulson. I'd say he's between Moulson and Neal in terms of value.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Bad, bad accident this afternoon at March and Carling. I'm at that intersection every day going to/from work. Looks like one car was turning left onto March and got T-boned by a larger car traveling north-west on March road. Someone must have ran a red light.

This intersection is just a stone's throw from where that minivan driver mowed down five bikers five years ago.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

spader wrote:
Ev wrote:There's a difference between star and superstar. Neal is not a superstar.

Ryan is a step up on Moulson. I'd say he's between Moulson and Neal in terms of value.
how is he not equal to neal in terms of value? he's not playing with a Malkin, and in anaheim he wasn't on the getzlaf line if i remember correctly. i'd say he's a star in his own right.
and as far as karlsson? man there is maybe 5 players in the league that are above him in terms of elite talent. ya he's a generational superstar. they're called elite generational players. Ryan is a a pretty big star in his own right.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 18 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 42 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum