GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+19
TheAvatar
LeCaptain
Hobiesens
Cap'n Clutch
DefenceWinsChampionships
tim1_2
SensHulk
Ev
rooneypoo
wprager
Flo The Action
SeawaySensFan
shabbs
Hoags
NEELY
sandysensfan
PTFlea
spader
22_4_ever
23 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 35 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 67]

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

The 6th Sens praises the Dallas Stars' quick action in making sure Spezza has a winger... something he says the Sens failed to accomplish...

http://the6thsens.com/2014-articles/spezza-speaks-praises-stars-ownership.html

Will be interesting in Dallas for sure...

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hemsky is a dud

spader

All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:The 6th Sens praises the Dallas Stars' quick action in making sure Spezza has a winger... something he says the Sens failed to accomplish...

http://the6thsens.com/2014-articles/spezza-speaks-praises-stars-ownership.html

Will be interesting in Dallas for sure...

What an annoying article. Spezza's compete level isn't in question because he played in the playoffs in 2013, and the Sens never got him a winger, but Dallas got him Hemsky. I don't even know where to start with that pile.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Spezza will probably have a decent season now that he's fighting for his retirement contract... after that it's going to be an absolute sh*t show for whoever signs him.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:Del is the sh*t... he was the real show.

Apparently he and his entourage are a nightmare backstage. I'm told they acted like high school kids at their first party without their parents.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

A bit sad seeing Kassian's twitter picture still showing him in a Sens jersey. I'm going to miss his personality a little.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

If social media didn't exist you wouldn't know his personality. Useless player who fills no need

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:If social media didn't exist you wouldn't know his personality. Useless player who fills no need

And yet the team had a winning record with him in the lineup.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

wprager wrote:
Ev wrote:If social media didn't exist you wouldn't know his personality. Useless player who fills no need

#KassianStats

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:

I think we can all agree that the Kassassin will be sorely missed. Fare thee well, young Kassassin.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tumbleweed 

still no trade

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

Flo The Action wrote:tumbleweed 

still no trade

Worse yet, no Ryan signing.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I find it hilarious that people would complain about management if Ryan wanted to play somewhere else and dint sign here. It's like Vanek signing in Minnesota, not the end of the world if he walks.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:I find it hilarious that people would complain about management if Ryan wanted to play somewhere else and dint sign here. It's like Vanek signing in Minnesota, not the end of the world if he walks.
really? i don't find it hilarious at all. i find it quite frightening actually.

I'm hoping something can be worked out on a new deal but there's got to be a plan B in case that doesn't happen. the same way Buffalo did not sit on vanek till the trade deadline. i'd hate to see Ryan go but i'd hate it even more if we didn't get a substantial return for him. by what date do we wait to hit a panic button? i'm not panicking, but i'm antsy...

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

Flo The Action wrote:
Ev wrote:I find it hilarious that people would complain about management if Ryan wanted to play somewhere else and dint sign here. It's like Vanek signing in Minnesota, not the end of the world if he walks.

I'm hoping something can be worked out on a new deal but there's got to be a plan B in case that doesn't happen. the same way Buffalo did not sit on vanek till the trade deadline. i'd hate to see Ryan go but i'd hate it even more if we didn't get a substantial return for him. by what date do we wait to hit a panic button? i'm not panicking, but i'm antsy...

It's the optics and PR that will be bad. Losing 2 captains in back to back seasons and then your top winger. Like to see them try to sell tickets if Ryan is traded because he won't sign. Any return you get will be about the same as Spezza, as this guy is a UFA next July. Philly won't bother trading for him, they will just wait for UFA.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:

I'm talking about if the Sens offered ryan the world in money, but he chose to move somewhere else because of personal preference. That's what I find funny. The team can't control his desire, they can only offer him a deal.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

sandysensfan wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

It's the optics and PR that will be bad.  Losing 2 captains in back to back seasons and then your top winger.  Like to see them try to sell tickets if Ryan is traded because he won't sign.  Any return you get will be about the same as Spezza, as this guy is a UFA next July.  Philly won't bother trading for him, they will just wait for UFA.

That's not optics, that's just a guy choosing to sign somewhere else. Like Stastny moving to St. Louis.

And you're kidding yourself if you think bobby ryan is the key to ticket sales. You guys act like he's a superstar, he's not. If he doesn't want to be here, you trade him, and fans will stick. The true fans anyway.

Pittsburgh dealt their top winger, don't see people caring about that.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Also would be fine waiting to sign him next offseason. Show us what you got since you missed a year. They could also get him cheaper as well.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 35 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum