GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+19
TheAvatar
LeCaptain
Hobiesens
Cap'n Clutch
DefenceWinsChampionships
tim1_2
SensHulk
Ev
rooneypoo
wprager
Flo The Action
SeawaySensFan
shabbs
Hoags
NEELY
sandysensfan
PTFlea
spader
22_4_ever
23 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 67]

spader

All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:I think there is a decent chance Ceci starts the year in the AHL but it's not written in stone.  Who knows how the rest of the summer plays out but as is... I would lay odds on Ceci starting in Bingo for sure.  Guy will log 30 mins a night down there next to Claesson.

I think he'd benefit from that. Then when there's an injury or a trade, he could come up.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

In a year of transition like this I think it might be a good move to keep the more mature players in Ottawa just in case things go off the track a little. Depending on a 20, 21 year old kid to be a key cog on a very inexperienced blueline even without him could back fire.

That said, if he earns a spot he earns a spot and should get to play. There's just no way to say how the lineup will look in Nashville come October.

spader

All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:In a year of transition like this I think it might be a good move to keep the more mature players in Ottawa just in case things go off the track a little.  Depending on a 20, 21 year old kid to be a key cog on a very inexperienced blueline even without him could back fire.

That said, if he earns a spot he earns a spot and should get to play.  There's just no way to say how the lineup will look in Nashville come October.  

Agreed with the bolded parts. If he makes the team, keep him up. Generally speaking, though, he might benefit more from a year (or a few months) as a top-guy.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Bolt Prospects ‏@BoltProspects
More
Former #TBLightning and #SYRCrunch defenseman Brian Lee, injured all last year, has retired. Getting into banking on FL's west coast.

Brian Lee is retiring.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Hoags wrote:
More
Former #TBLightning and #SYRCrunch defenseman Brian Lee, injured all last year, has retired. Getting into banking on FL's west coast.

Brian Lee is retiring.

I hope he saved his pennies.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

spader wrote:
Hoags wrote:
More

Brian Lee is retiring.

Diddle Muckler.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:
spader wrote:
Hoags wrote:
More

Brian Lee is retiring.

Diddle Muckler.

You know who isn't retiring? Kopitar.  Sarcasm 

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

spader wrote:
shabbs wrote:
spader wrote:
Hoags wrote:
More

Brian Lee is retiring.

Diddle Muckler.

You know who isn't retiring? Kopitar.  Sarcasm 
Yep.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:I think there is a decent chance Ceci starts the year in the AHL but it's not written in stone.  Who knows how the rest of the summer plays out but as is... I would lay odds on Ceci starting in Bingo for sure.  Guy will log 30 mins a night down there next to Claesson.

I sure hope so.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Methot-Karlsson
Wiercioch-Gryba
Cowen-Phillips
Boro

Ceci goes to Bingo.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

That certainly solves a problem if he goes to the Ahl.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

any news on that mysterious trade?

has bobby ryan signed yet?

*sigh*

this is going to feel like a long summer. maybe Ryan wants the team to pull something to edge this team to being more competitive.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

More to come...

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:any news on that mysterious trade?

*sigh*

this is going to feel like a long summer. maybe Ryan wants the team to pull something to edge this team to being more competitive.

That's what Statspadzza wanted. Look how that ended up. "Predict Ryan's Return" thread to come?

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:

*sigh*

That's what Statspadzza wanted. Look how that ended up. "Predict Ryan's Return" thread to come?

well in all fairness a trade would be nice to add some scoring punch. quantity for quality type of deal, the kind that's been preached on and on by BM for the past years. honestly we could be talking about only a couple of mill in salary increased.

and yeah there's more and more talk coming from players about management/ownership making moves to bolster and commit to this team. it's becoming more and more apparent this is a problem. we lose ryan and it's a giant red flag.

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

Flo The Action wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

*sigh*

well in all fairness a trade would be nice to add some scoring punch. quantity for quality type of deal, the kind that's been preached on and on by BM for the past years. honestly we could be talking about only a couple of mill in salary increased.

and yeah there's more and more talk coming from players about management/ownership making moves to bolster and commit to this team. it's becoming more and more apparent this is a problem. we lose ryan and it's a giant red flag.

Agreed there re: Ryan. For a 'true' billionaire, a couple of million more to sign an important player shouldn't be an issue. How much of this 'budget' is controlled by his creditors? Are the Sens actually collateral for many of his massive loans? If so, shouldn't the NHL have some say in that?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Well, according to some Random Useless Blogger, the NHL has had Melnyk and the Sens on their "Watch List" for quite a while.

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

wprager wrote:Well, according to some Random Useless Blogger, the NHL has had Melnyk and the Sens on their "Watch List" for quite a while.

Don't like the sound of that.. Could they (the NHL) be looking for a buyer for the Sens? Crosses fingers.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum