GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+15
SensHulk
Hobiesens
NEELY
LeCaptain
Oglethorpe
Hoags
Flo The Action
PTFlea
sandysensfan
Ev
spader
wprager
tim1_2
Cap'n Clutch
SeawaySensFan
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 50 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 34 of 67]

496Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 34 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:22 am

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Michallica wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:I got to hear the "Hockey Simmer" crapping on Bobby Ryan again and TSN wally seemed pretty pissed about it.
That was gold.  Love how brent wallace just effectively shuts up the 'simmer'.  It's a good listen:

http://proxy.autopod.ca/podcasts/chum/186/16402/131007%20Brent%20Wallace%20on%20the%20Drive.mp3
No sound at work. What does he say?

497Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 34 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:29 am

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Michallica wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:I got to hear the "Hockey Simmer" crapping on Bobby Ryan again and TSN wally seemed pretty pissed about it.
That was gold.  Love how brent wallace just effectively shuts up the 'simmer'.  It's a good listen:

http://proxy.autopod.ca/podcasts/chum/186/16402/131007%20Brent%20Wallace%20on%20the%20Drive.mp3
One of the best posts ever. I was a little shocked that it got that confrontational. But also delighted.

498Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 34 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:19 am

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

NEELY wrote:Can't get the sound clip, what did he say?
He (Wallace) basically interviewed Ryan and asked him point blank about the fitness testing at camp.  Ryan replied "What do you want me to do, print it out and fax it to you?  My results from camp were very good.  I was third in skating among the entire team [Karlsson, Greening, Ryan?  Or does MacArthur sneak in ahead of EK?]."  He followed up with a story back in Anaheim when he was 20; Carlyle came in, put the results in front of him and said "You need to change" and Ryan said "I did, I changed, and I haven't had a problem with fitness or conditioning in 7 years."  

Wallace also said he thinks he is fine, if he doesn't skate 110 mph does that mean he is the slowest player in the world?  Ryan is not fleet of foot and we all know that, but he scores 30 goals and that's what he is there to do.  And after 2 pre-season games and 2 regular season games it's too early to evaluate.

Simmer didn't back down, though.  He said he's watched him since he was drafted and maintained his point; certain things you watch for but you don't press the panic button, just hope he works through it.

Last edited by wprager on Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:22 am; edited 1 time in total

499Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 34 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:21 am

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Is McGregor Brent Wallace's nickname?

500Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 34 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:22 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

LeKing wrote:Is McGregor Brent Wallace's nickname?
I don't know what you're talking about Sarcasm 

501Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 34 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:24 am

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
He (Wallace) basically interviewed Ryan and asked him point blank about the fitness testing at camp.  Ryan replied "What do you want me to do, print it out and fax it to you?  My results from camp were very good.  I was third in skating among the entire team [Karlsson, Greening, Ryan?  Or does MacArthur sneak in ahead of EK?]."  He followed up with a story back in Anaheim when he was 20; Carlyle came in, put the results in front of him and said "You need to change" and Ryan said "I did, I changed, and I haven't had a problem with fitness or conditioning in 7 years."  

Wallace also said he thinks he is fine, if he doesn't skate 110 mph does that mean he is the slowest player in the world?  Ryan is not fleet of foot and we all know that, but he scores 30 goals and that's what he is there to do.  And after 2 pre-season games and 2 regular season games it's too early to evaluate.

Simmer didn't back down, though.  He said he's watched him since he was drafted and maintained his point; certain things you watch for but you don't press the panic button, just hope he works through it.
Simmer doesn't really answer any of brent's points. He just kinda bcks down and says 'yeah well, I maintain my stance'. Thanks for that rebuttal.

502Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 34 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:28 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

There is a reason why Simpson was homeless.

503Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 34 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:28 am

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Not anything we don't already know. Wallace basically defends the point that it's too early to be judging ryan and that this is how he's ALWAYS been, and it's been good enough to score 30 goals a year. Simpson disagrees. Debate becomes more heated. It's good to see somebody else from the media giving simpson the business. you just have to listen to it when you get the chance.

I tell you what though, simpson is relishing this. it's basically him and him only who's questioned ryan's fitness level and now that he's gone 2 games without scoring, the scrubs like brennan are starting to pick up on it

504Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 34 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:35 am

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:There is a reason why Simpson was homeless.
Yeah really. And then they publish the story as if it's some kind of redemption project for him and we should cheer him on. He was an asshole (still is) and got everything he deserved.

505Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 34 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:36 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Seriously, guy cheats on his wife, makes or is part of poor hockey decision after poor hockey decision, wasn't good enough to make it as a player, and now that he has the ability to live on his own in the real world he is some sort of local hero? Laughable.

506Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 34 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:42 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Simmer is a dummy, and Brent Wallace is my new hero.

That one play on HNIC where Bobby was slow getting back, he had been on the ice for a while. It was one play. And it's been, as Wallace says, "TWO GAMES!"

507Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 34 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:45 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:Simmer is a dummy, and Brent Wallace is my new hero.

That one play on HNIC where Bobby was slow getting back, he had been on the ice for a while.  It was one play.  And it's been, as Wallace says, "TWO GAMES!"
without re-listening didn't TSN Wally say that Glen Healy criticizes anyone who isn't wearing Blue and White?

508Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 34 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:51 am

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:Simmer is a dummy, and Brent Wallace is my new hero.

That one play on HNIC where Bobby was slow getting back, he had been on the ice for a while.  It was one play.  And it's been, as Wallace says, "TWO GAMES!"
without re-listening didn't TSN Wally say that Glen Healy criticizes anyone who isn't wearing Blue and White?
It's true. We need a brent wallace appreciation thread.

509Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 34 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:00 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hilarious in that clip, Wallace says the only pattern with Ryan is that he scored 30 goals every year, and Simpson says "he didn't last year"...never mind the fact that it was a 48 game season.

Simpson says that it doesn't look like the 1st line is a "work in progress", he says, "it looks dysfunctional."

Also, Wallace does indeed say that Glenn Healy finds fault with everyone not wearing blue and white.

Best. Interview. Ever.

510Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 34 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:27 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

6 points in 3 games for Lazar so far.

511Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 34 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:00 pm

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

In this article Roy MacGregor more or less insists that a 'heartless twitter' sender to Ryan was a Sens fan. It was a Leaf fan. I and probably numerous others told him so. I even told him I could send him the twitter name if he wanted to...

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/hockey/macgregor-senators-bobby-ryan-feeling-the-heat-under-the-microscope/article14737451/

512Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 34 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:16 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

sandysensfan wrote:In this article Roy MacGregor more or less insists that a 'heartless twitter' sender to Ryan was a Sens fan.  It was a Leaf fan.  I and probably numerous others told him so.  I even told him I could send him the twitter name if he wanted to...

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/hockey/macgregor-senators-bobby-ryan-feeling-the-heat-under-the-microscope/article14737451/
Meh, I don't think he went out of his way to imply it was a Sens fan. Sure, would've been appropriate to mention that the twerp had a Leafs jersey on his avatar, and then, perhaps, link that to those two idiots who posted a picture of themselves "Parrosing". Leafs Nation hasn't had a good first week of the season.

513Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 34 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:54 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Guess Spezza is questionable for tomorrow. Wonder how long it is until he has surgery. Guy is an absolute band-aide.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 34 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 50 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum