GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+15
SensHulk
Hobiesens
NEELY
LeCaptain
Oglethorpe
Hoags
Flo The Action
PTFlea
sandysensfan
Ev
spader
wprager
tim1_2
Cap'n Clutch
SeawaySensFan
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 26 ... 49, 50, 51 ... 58 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 50 of 67]

736Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 50 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:29 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Hoags wrote:This is the guy responsible for the in-game experience, which is also a joke.  So hopefully that will improve and no more embarrassments like the Centurion.

The team marketing is a joke as well though, not sure what they can do here.
I have a suggestion. Keep one zamboni. With two of them you have to give out twice as many jerseys/tickets to the kids who ride them, then you end up cleaning up the ice too quickly and are left with all that extra time to fill in with useless crap. Show out of town highlights, clever ads, movie previews, player interviews, etc.

737Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 50 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:32 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Ottawa has the lowest ticket prices among all Canadian teams, 15th in the league and behind powerhouses like the Sabres, Islanders and Wild.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/toronto-maple-leafs-top-forbes-list-of-most-expensive-secondary-ticket-markets-in-nhl/

Can pretty much guarantee the prices are going up next season.

738Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 50 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:36 pm

Hoags

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:Ottawa has the lowest ticket prices among all Canadian teams, 15th in the league and behind powerhouses like the Sabres, Islanders and Wild.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/toronto-maple-leafs-top-forbes-list-of-most-expensive-secondary-ticket-markets-in-nhl/

There isn't much demand for Sens tickets compared to the bigger markets, if they raise prices I bet the amount of sales will go down somewhat.

Winnipeg is a smaller city and they have way more season tickets holders and several thousand more on a waiting list. We just hit 12K.

739Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 50 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:10 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Hoags wrote:
wprager wrote:Ottawa has the lowest ticket prices among all Canadian teams, 15th in the league and behind powerhouses like the Sabres, Islanders and Wild.

There isn't much demand for Sens tickets compared to the bigger markets, if they raise prices I bet the amount of sales will go down somewhat.

Winnipeg is a smaller city and they have way more season tickets holders and several thousand more on a waiting list.  We just hit 12K.
Because someone thought it was smart to go to a 20,000 seat arena, lol. They should take seats out and they will be fine, increase the demand.

740Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 50 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:12 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Brodeur to start for the Devils tomorrow.

https://twitter.com/TGfireandice/status/390542760274853888

741Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 50 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:31 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:Brodeur to start for the Devils tomorrow.

https://twitter.com/TGfireandice/status/390542760274853888
.878 sv % and 3.19 GAA

Mwuahahahahaha!

742Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 50 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:15 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

It's a bit insane that Friedman is out there suggesting Lehner would be perfect for the oilers. that is not gonna happen. i mean he doesn't think it will happen but no one is suggesting moving Anderson either. that's because IT'S SILLY! we're fine with our duo for this season. next year will be a different scenario.

743Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 50 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:33 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Is he saying that? It's because Lehner would bring them to relevancy I guess.

744Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 50 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:35 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Anyone else loving CC on the top line and Ryan with Turris and Mac? Great move. CC makes room for Spezz to play his game. I personally love that Bishop trade at this point.

745Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 50 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:58 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:It's a bit insane that Friedman is out there suggesting Lehner would be perfect for the oilers. that is not gonna happen. i mean he doesn't think it will happen but no one is suggesting moving Anderson either. that's because IT'S SILLY! we're fine with our duo for this season. next year will be a different scenario.
Not really insane. It'd make sense for them to get the best young and upcoming goaltender. It makes no sense for us and he pretty much admits that.

746Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 50 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:14 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

They can talk about getting Lehner all they want but I don't see Hall + some other pieces leaving Edmonton.

747Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 50 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:31 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispenser wrote:Is he saying that?   It's because Lehner would bring them to relevancy I guess.
I think it was in his "30 thoughts".

748Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 50 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:42 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.cbc.ca/sports-content/hockey/opinion/2013/10/30-thoughts-oilers-dallas-eakins-takes-on-nail-yakupov.html

1. Obviously, the biggest debate in Edmonton is what goalie the Oilers should chase. They are at 49 contracts, so signing a free agent or trading a draft pick for a player  completely eliminates roster flexibility. Brian Elliott makes sense, but St. Louis may not be interested in taking salary in return. Is it worth giving up an asset to get someone (Elliott, Ryan Miller) who is unrestricted after the season without trying to sign them first? Ottawa probably wouldn't trade him, but Robin Lehner would be a perfect target.

2. Lehner, by the way, said he is down 18 pounds from his playing weight when Binghamton won the 2011 Calder Cup. He was 245 pounds then. He's now 227 and still looks huge. He was great last weekend, making 92 saves in less than 24 hours in San Jose and Anaheim.

Last edited by wprager on Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

749Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 50 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:20 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

spader wrote:Anyone else loving CC on the top line and Ryan with Turris and Mac? Great move. CC makes room for Spezz to play his game. I personally love that Bishop trade at this point.
I've felt that way since pretty much the first pre-season game. He tweaked his fake slightly and it looks fantastic right now. He might be one heck of an addition when all is said and done. Mac too.

750Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 50 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:21 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

We had the Lehner to Edmonton discussion on here a while ago. I wouldn't want to deal him and I can't imagine a scenario where we do.

751Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 50 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:30 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

spader wrote:Anyone else loving CC on the top line and Ryan with Turris and Mac? Great move. CC makes room for Spezz to play his game. I personally love that Bishop trade at this point.
It could work. There's more size on that top line to make up for Conacher's miniscule dimensions.

752Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 50 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:17 am

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:We had the Lehner to Edmonton discussion on here a while ago.  I wouldn't want to deal him and I can't imagine a scenario where we do.  
Only time I can imagine management even entertained the notion was when they had Bishop, I imagine there was talk as to which goalie will be better in the future.  His name came up in Nash trade talks (how lucky are we to avoid that, he's out with a concussion again).

Lehner makes sense for a teams to target, I imagine Murray gets calls all the time but it makes no sense for us now.  Maybe years from now if Hammond, Driedger etc. turn to be the next promising goalie and even then what are the odds they look this good at Lehner's age?

SeawaySensFan wrote:
It could work. There's more size on that top line to make up for Conacher's miniscule dimensions.
Conacher has looked fantastic, pretty much every Sens preseason lineup prediction had him in the bottom 6 or on waivers.

753Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 50 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:21 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hoags wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:We had the Lehner to Edmonton discussion on here a while ago.  I wouldn't want to deal him and I can't imagine a scenario where we do.  
Only time I can imagine management even entertained the notion was when they had Bishop, I imagine there was talk as to which goalie will be better in the future.  His name came up in Nash trade talks (how lucky are we to avoid that, he's out with a concussion again).

Lehner makes sense for a teams to target, I imagine Murray gets calls all the time but it makes no sense for us now.  Maybe years from now if Hammond, Driedger etc. turn to be the next promising goalie and even then what are the odds they look this good at Lehner's age?

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Conacher has looked fantastic, pretty much every Sens preseason lineup prediction had him in the bottom 6 or on waivers.
That would have been based on last season when he looked like a (tiny) pile of garbage and the assumption that Zibanejad was making the team, probably.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 50 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 26 ... 49, 50, 51 ... 58 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum