GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+15
SensHulk
Hobiesens
NEELY
LeCaptain
Oglethorpe
Hoags
Flo The Action
PTFlea
sandysensfan
Ev
spader
wprager
tim1_2
Cap'n Clutch
SeawaySensFan
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 51 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 35 of 67]

511Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 35 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:00 pm

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

In this article Roy MacGregor more or less insists that a 'heartless twitter' sender to Ryan was a Sens fan. It was a Leaf fan. I and probably numerous others told him so. I even told him I could send him the twitter name if he wanted to...

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/hockey/macgregor-senators-bobby-ryan-feeling-the-heat-under-the-microscope/article14737451/

512Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 35 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:16 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

sandysensfan wrote:In this article Roy MacGregor more or less insists that a 'heartless twitter' sender to Ryan was a Sens fan.  It was a Leaf fan.  I and probably numerous others told him so.  I even told him I could send him the twitter name if he wanted to...

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/hockey/macgregor-senators-bobby-ryan-feeling-the-heat-under-the-microscope/article14737451/
Meh, I don't think he went out of his way to imply it was a Sens fan. Sure, would've been appropriate to mention that the twerp had a Leafs jersey on his avatar, and then, perhaps, link that to those two idiots who posted a picture of themselves "Parrosing". Leafs Nation hasn't had a good first week of the season.

513Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 35 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:54 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Guess Spezza is questionable for tomorrow. Wonder how long it is until he has surgery. Guy is an absolute band-aide.

514Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 35 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:23 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

He's not questionable.

515Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 35 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:23 am

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
sandysensfan wrote:In this article Roy MacGregor more or less insists that a 'heartless twitter' sender to Ryan was a Sens fan.  It was a Leaf fan.  I and probably numerous others told him so.  I even told him I could send him the twitter name if he wanted to...

Meh, I don't think he went out of his way to imply it was a Sens fan.  Sure, would've been appropriate to mention that the twerp had a Leafs jersey on his avatar, and then, perhaps, link that to those two idiots who posted a picture of themselves "Parrosing".  Leafs Nation hasn't had a good first week of the season.
You sure about that?

Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 35 Screen10

516Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 35 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:25 am

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:

Meh, I don't think he went out of his way to imply it was a Sens fan.  Sure, would've been appropriate to mention that the twerp had a Leafs jersey on his avatar, and then, perhaps, link that to those two idiots who posted a picture of themselves "Parrosing".  Leafs Nation hasn't had a good first week of the season.
I agree. I don't see how he "more or less insists that a 'heartless twitter' sender to Ryan was a Sens fan."

517Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 35 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:13 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Ev wrote:He's not questionable.
uhhh, gonna guess you don't read the paper.

Anyways, if he sits out tonight then that's basically a full week of rest between games but the injury in concerning as are all of his injuries because Spezza never misses one game here or there, he misses a month at a time. I suspect at some point this will be no different but hopefully I am wrong.

518Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 35 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:31 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I just really hope it is his groin, and they aren't just covering up for another back injury. We are better equipped than ever to function without Spezza, but it'd sure be nice to have that #1 centre for the majority of the season.

Spezza will be evaluated today and may not play.

519Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 35 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:47 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

this is a big IF but IF spezza is to be plagued with constant back injuries again this season they will have to adress the number 1C position. I'm not comfortable with turris in that slot and Zib isn't ready or might never be either... we haven't smpled SDC in that spot but it reminds me of desharnais in MTL. could work but isn't optimal... damn, i'd hate to lose anymore assets to aquire a number 1c. they aren't cheap at all if available at all.

520Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 35 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:51 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

tim1_2 wrote:I just really hope it is his groin, and they aren't just covering up for another back injury.  We are better equipped than ever to function without Spezza, but it'd sure be nice to have that #1 centre for the majority of the season.

Spezza will be evaluated today and may not play.
It would be nice to have Spezza from 2 years ago but if Spezza has proven anything over his course of time in the NHL it's he can't play through an kind of pain or discomfort along with not being able to stay healthy. If this is a long term thing and maybe even if it's not you have to question if they are going to sign Spezza long term after his current contract is up. How smart would it be to commit 7 million or more per year for 7 or 8 years to a guy that won't play at least 25% of the games the Sens play in during that time?

You just hope this is a training camp injury that will go away with a bit of rest but like I said, when something is wrong with Spezza it isn't day to day, at best it's week to week and usually a month or longer.

521Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 35 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:55 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

spader wrote:
wprager wrote:

You sure about that?
Yes, I am. I was talking about the showing by Leafs Nation in social media, not by the team (who, by the way, lost to a rookie coach with a team most predicted to be bad this season; they won a game against the Habs which was dominated by the Smurfs until Papa Smurf smashed his face into the ice, and another against a team that fired its coach a game later, citing how training camp has been the worst the owner has seen in 47 years).

522Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 35 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:56 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Oh, I forgot the other win -- a shootout "victory" over a team playing the second night in a row, fueled by a 6-1 manpower advantage (5 on 5 they were down 4-2).

523Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 35 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:57 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Flo The Action wrote:this is a big IF but IF spezza is to be plagued with constant back injuries again this season they will have to adress the number 1C position. I'm not comfortable with turris in that slot and Zib isn't ready or might never be either... we haven't smpled SDC in that spot but it reminds me of desharnais in MTL. could work but isn't optimal... damn, i'd hate to lose anymore assets to aquire a number 1c. they aren't cheap at all if available at all.
There is no reason why Turris from here on out can't be a Bergereon type center who scores 50-60 points a year and is a stud everywhere else. Those players are just as valuable as guys like Thornton or Sedin, maybe more so. That said, I agree with your point of the Sens going out and looking for another center who can score if this turns out to be a long term thing. You can win with depth down the middle as opposed to having one center who puts up monster numbers. Hasn't worked for Ottawa, San Jose, Vancouver, or Philly yet. The teams that have won, Boston, Chicago, LA, Det (Pitt is a different animal), all teams with depth and without a guy that will ever win the scoring race or be in the convo.

Spezza hasn't missed a game yet and missing 1 game in an 82 game season isn't a big deal so everyone should wait until the end of this road trip to really make any kind of judgement but it's concerning no matter what.

524Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 35 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:57 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

NEELY wrote:

Anyways, if he sits out tonight then that's basically a full week of rest between games but the injury in concerning as are all of his injuries because Spezza never misses one game here or there, he misses a month at a time.  I suspect at some point this will be no different but hopefully I am wrong.
I don't read papers anymore either (does anyone?) but it's also been all over twitter.

525Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 35 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:58 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

wprager wrote:
NEELY wrote:

Anyways, if he sits out tonight then that's basically a full week of rest between games but the injury in concerning as are all of his injuries because Spezza never misses one game here or there, he misses a month at a time.  I suspect at some point this will be no different but hopefully I am wrong.
I don't read papers anymore either (does anyone?) but it's also been all over twitter.
I never go on twitter and never will. Like i said the other day, don't need to be the first to hear the news I just need to hear it at some point. An hour late won't make a lick of difference.

526Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 35 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:05 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I won tickets to the Sens home opener yesterday on TSN 1200 from Mendes and Simpson. It was a really obscure trivia question...Who was the first LA Kings goalie to beat Ottawa in LA?

The answer was Rick Knickle, and the only way I knew that was because Simpson mentioned that the same guy was now a scout for the Nashville Predators. I sat next to a Nashville Predators scout on a flight to Germany one time......he also happened to be a former Kings backup goalie....Rick Knickle. He backed up Kelly Hrudey in LA at the same time Wayne played for them.

Anyway, I now have 4 tickets to the home opener!

527Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 35 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:51 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Nice. I'll be there as well as I don't really miss home openers except last year.

528Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 35 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:58 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:Nice. I'll be there as well as I don't really miss home openers except last year.
I haven't missed a home opener in many years. This year I didn't plan on going as my wife is expecting around Oct 20th...but then the tickets fell into my lap courtesy of Rick Knickle. Pretty sure they are up in the 300s somewhere. Pretty nice that it's a 4-pack.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 35 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 51 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum