GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+21
The Silfer Server
Hobiesens
Number Twenty Nine
Oglethorpe
garblar
Cap'n Clutch
LeCaptain
tim1_2
SensHulk
NEELY
Hoags
SeawaySensFan
Flo The Action
shabbs
DirtyDave
Ev
sandysensfan
PTFlea
Riprock
wprager
spader
25 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 34 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 67]

1Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Empty Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:34 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:Love the Z. Smith signing. Nice one. Love that kid.

Agreed. Great signing. Good value, good term. I like the way the Murray's are doing business lately. Lock up the players you want to keep. Get a good deal for both sides. Clapping

2Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:48 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Nearly $1.9M x 4 for a solid third liner. I remember when we would have thought that was outrageous. And that was only a few years ago. I hope every one realizes that this is part of the reason why most of us cannot afford to watch the games live. But that's ok, we get super-slo-mo replays and HD for most games.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

B-Sens sign G Marc Cheverie. That makes 3 goalies with Lehner and McKenna. Cheverie only played 9 games in the AHL last year (Pirates) and 22 in the ECHL, so this is probably just a depth move.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:Nearly $1.9M x 4 for a solid third liner. I remember when we would have thought that was outrageous. And that was only a few years ago. I hope every one realizes that this is part of the reason why most of us cannot afford to watch the games live. But that's ok, we get super-slo-mo replays and HD for most games.

Was it in 2005? It would have been ridiculous then. Of course, the cap has risen considerably from $39 million, so average contracts for specific roles should have risen in tandem. Regardless, in this cap world, this is an excellent contract, IMHO.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:B-Sens sign G Marc Cheverie. That makes 3 goalies with Lehner and McKenna. Cheverie only played 9 games in the AHL last year (Pirates) and 22 in the ECHL, so this is probably just a depth move.

McKenna is in Peoria now, the Sens replaced him by signing Nate Lawson.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

That's simply an ECHL goalie who can come up and backup if Lehner gets the call to the NHL or if there's an injury.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Riprock wrote:
wprager wrote:B-Sens sign G Marc Cheverie. That makes 3 goalies with Lehner and McKenna. Cheverie only played 9 games in the AHL last year (Pirates) and 22 in the ECHL, so this is probably just a depth move.

McKenna is in Peoria now, the Sens replaced him by signing Nate Lawson.

I've got to stop going to the B-Sens website for "news". They have McKenna on the roster and an article saying how he signed for one year in June. Didn't notice the 2011 in the date Facepalm

So, which one of Lawson or Cheverie will be spending more time sitting in Bingo versus playing in Elmira?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispenser wrote:That's simply an ECHL goalie who can come up and backup if Lehner gets the call to the NHL or if there's an injury.

Then why did they sign him to a Bingo contract and not Elmira?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:That's simply an ECHL goalie who can come up and backup if Lehner gets the call to the NHL or if there's an injury.

My guess is it's 2 way (ECHL/AHL).

10Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:23 pm

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

wprager wrote:What does everyone have against Lehner's fiancee? Is it because she doesn't fit the stereotypical swedish blond look? Maybe that's exactly why he is attracted to her -- she stands out.

Anyhow, I'm a little surprised that Smith got signed for 4 years. I JOB could push to move up to the third line, or maybe even Zibanejad. But Smith's deal has not NMS/NTC from what I heard.

He's engaged?? 3 months ago at the development camp.. he was trying to pick up a girl in the autograph line... and it was not this one...

11Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:32 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Oh, sorry, I don't really know. Someone posted the picture with the caption "The future Mrs. Robin Lehner?"

12Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:44 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

No they are just dating, not engaged. My caption wasn't meant literally... hence the question mark?

13Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:08 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:

Because they can't do that. They don't operate Elmira, they just send guys down there. Elmira signs their own players.

They have their own GM who is not a part of the Sens organization.

14Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:07 pm

DirtyDave

Rookie
Rookie

Riprock wrote:No they are just dating, not engaged. My caption wasn't meant literally... hence the question mark?

Are you the Sens TMZ? Should have a picture of bettman saying "im a lawyer"

15Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:38 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Maybe Sarcasm

I saw it on Facebook when my newsfeed said Robin Lehner "is in a relationship".

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 67]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 34 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum