GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+21
The Silfer Server
Hobiesens
Number Twenty Nine
Oglethorpe
garblar
Cap'n Clutch
LeCaptain
tim1_2
SensHulk
NEELY
Hoags
SeawaySensFan
Flo The Action
shabbs
DirtyDave
Ev
sandysensfan
PTFlea
Riprock
wprager
spader
25 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 50 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 34 of 67]

496Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 34 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:13 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

2,500 showed up to the open practice.

497Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 34 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:27 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

If you missed today's practice, here's the full training camp schedule -- remember, all practices are open to public:

http://senators.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=85843

498Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 34 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:30 pm

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

http://www.ottawasun.com/2013/01/13/melnyk-fired-up-about-new-season

The most important thing we can give is to have these players come out every night — and I know they’re going to give 150% — is to give you people a winning team. That’s the best possible gift I can think of. If we can do that, we accomplish more than any free hotdog or anything that we give away.

There you have it.

499Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 34 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:40 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SeawaySensFan wrote:http://www.ottawasun.com/2013/01/13/melnyk-fired-up-about-new-season

The most important thing we can give is to have these players come out every night — and I know they’re going to give 150% — is to give you people a winning team. That’s the best possible gift I can think of. If we can do that, we accomplish more than any free hotdog or anything that we give away.

There you have it.

A gift we pay for. Nice. Actually, I've been getting my own Christmas and birthday gifts for the last couple years. Since I typically get it online using my Visa card, technically I'm paying for it. Only difference is I also get to pick it.

Can I pick who the Sens sign, draft or trade for?

500Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 34 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:40 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Methot is a beast. Great skater too

501Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 34 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:42 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Big Ev wrote:Methot is a beast. Great skater too

Stupid in the gym, it's unreal.

502Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 34 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:48 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Big Ev wrote:Methot is a beast. Great skater too

I think a lot of fans literally know nothing about this guy. Any info like this is greatly appreciated. I'm anxious to see how he and young Latendresse work out.

503Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 34 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:50 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

He's my new favourite Sen. Joking around on the ice, but battling hard and crushing guys in drills. He and Karlsson looked good together in the practice. He's gonna make Kuba look like Brian Lee.

Latendresse will basically be Foligno's replacement and just sit in front of the net.

Also, they have way too many forwards right now.

504Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 34 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:55 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Big Ev wrote:He's my new favourite Sen. Joking around on the ice, but battling hard and crushing guys in drills. He and Karlsson looked good together in the practice. He's gonna make Kuba look like Brian Lee.

Latendresse will basically be Foligno's replacement and just sit in front of the net.

Also, they have way too many forwards right now.

Awesome. Sucks that I'll have to wait a week to see for myself but that's the way the weenie rolls.

505Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 34 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:09 pm

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

Take it for what it's worth as it's from hockeybuzz (but not Eklund!!! It's from the chicago blogger)... He heard that the Blackhawks had been seriously considering a trade last night. Sounds exactly like what NEELY was saying.

The blogger stated it was for improvement in net, and that they held off because of the uncertainty of Steve Montador's future (dman).

The Hawks are looking to tweak the deal before pulling the trigger.

Anderson for Hammer fits every criterion. The blogger doesn't explicitly mention any names, but it does work for both teams, and it should still keep Anderson happy as he is an Illinois boy, who excels when he plays a lot of games in a season. He needs to be the full time number 1 goalie to be effective.

Can't we just throw in Ekford and call it a deal?

506Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 34 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:19 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

The Silfer Server wrote:Take it for what it's worth as it's from hockeybuzz (but not Eklund!!! It's from the chicago blogger)... He heard that the Blackhawks had been seriously considering a trade last night. Sounds exactly like what NEELY was saying.

The blogger stated it was for improvement in net, and that they held off because of the uncertainty of Steve Montador's future (dman).

Anderson for Hammer fits every criterion. The blogger doesn't explicitly mention any names, but it does work for both teams, and it should still keep Anderson happy as he is an Illinois boy, who excels when he plays a lot of games in a season. He needs to be the full time number 1 goalie to be effective.

Not sure why we would do that. Eckford's been solid for Bingo. I think CHI wants to basically dump Hammer because they have buyers remorse with that contract. One for one is more than fair. Anderson alone makes CHI a ton better.

507Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 34 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:23 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

The Silfer Server wrote:Take it for what it's worth as it's from hockeybuzz (but not Eklund!!! It's from the chicago blogger)... He heard that the Blackhawks had been seriously considering a trade last night. Sounds exactly like what NEELY was saying.

Just touched myself

508Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 34 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:49 pm

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

SeawaySensFan wrote:

Not sure why we would do that. Eckford's been solid for Bingo. I think CHI wants to basically dump Hammer because they have buyers remorse with that contract. One for one is more than fair. Anderson alone makes CHI a ton better.

I disagree. I've watched a lot of Bingo games, and I have been less than impressed with that signing. I think he's being outplayed by a lot of youth on that team. While these criticisms may not be entirely fair as he's oft paired with Claesson (who has been much better lately, but still needs a lot of work), it's the way it is.

But I agree, the one for one is more than fair. They need Anderson, arguably more than we need Hjalmarsson. I say this because with Anderson, Chicago becomes cup contenders, while we solidify our defence some more, but still a ways away from being certain to make the second round.

509Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 34 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:54 pm

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

NEELY wrote:

Just touched myself

Pretty sure you're on the wrong board. GWHockey (gone wild) is somewhere else.

510Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 34 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:18 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

The Silfer Server wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

I disagree. I've watched a lot of Bingo games, and I have been less than impressed with that signing. I think he's being outplayed by a lot of youth on that team. While these criticisms may not be entirely fair as he's oft paired with Claesson (who has been much better lately, but still needs a lot of work), it's the way it is.

But I agree, the one for one is more than fair. They need Anderson, arguably more than we need Hjalmarsson. I say this because with Anderson, Chicago becomes cup contenders, while we solidify our defence some more, but still a ways away from being certain to make the second round.
could it not be Bishop + for hammer? i'm not sure I want Andersson out right now. I'd feel more confident with an andersson tandem with lehner. but i guess Bishop in Chicago isn't as attractive. mmmmhhh

511Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 34 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:34 pm

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

Bishop makes more sense for them from a cap perspective, since they already have $65M committed to next year, with only one goalie signed, and a few sure signings to make (ie. Nick Leddy).

I couldn't see them taking Bishop though. He's still quite unproven, in the NHL, and just seems as risky as keeping Crawford.

512Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 34 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:19 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

The Silfer Server wrote:Bishop makes more sense for them from a cap perspective, since they already have $65M committed to next year, with only one goalie signed, and a few sure signings to make (ie. Nick Leddy).

I couldn't see them taking Bishop though. He's still quite unproven, in the NHL, and just seems as risky as keeping Crawford.
yeah that's what I was thinking as well. Who knows, maybe their scouts are quite high on Bishop. It's a gamble for them for sure but is it a good one?

513Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 34 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:29 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Alfie doing his best Hartnell impression?

Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 34 Eugenemelnyk_1991-430x298

Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 34 WEB_020812_HARTNELL_ON_LEAFS_1

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 34 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 50 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum