GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+15
SensHulk
Hobiesens
NEELY
LeCaptain
Oglethorpe
Hoags
Flo The Action
PTFlea
sandysensfan
Ev
spader
wprager
tim1_2
Cap'n Clutch
SeawaySensFan
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 42 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 18 of 67]

256Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 18 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:02 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

What an odd decision.  Zbad is clearly better than Da Costa.  So strange...at least Zbad didn't help save the season last year when all the injuries piled up.  Oh wait...

Unless he came in out if shape. But it didn't appear that way.

257Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 18 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:02 pm

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:This makes me feel a bit uneasy:

Steve Lloyd ‏@TSNSteveLloyd 5m

We asked Paul Maclean about Zibanejad. Basically said B. Murray will make roster announcements later. But we can confirm Zbad is AHL bound.
Don't know about you, but it sounds like MacLean wants to distance himself from this decision.  
MacLean is playing ball like any coach should. No big deal.

258Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 18 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:04 pm

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:
Ev wrote:You reward a guy who looks good against scrubs over a guy who looked good in real NHL games and the playoffs?

Nothing to do with anything but waivers. Diddle Da Costa and Kassian.
Zibanejad had an awful camp by all accounts and they were very unimpressed with the work he put in.  Da Costa did the work, looked better, and got Zibanejad's spot.  Might want to stop spinning at night clubs and put some work in off the ice.  
Da Costa didn't look better in my eyes. He would be in the AHL today if he was waiver exempt.

Saying Zibanejad had an awful camp is just wrong. He came into camp in great shape and does all the work. I don't mind him getting sent down but Da Costa is not a better player at the moment.

and I doubt they were very unimpressed with the work he put in. That's nothing but speculation on your end.

259Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 18 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:05 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

SpezDispenser wrote:What an odd decision.  Zbad is clearly better than Da Costa.  So strange...at least Zbad didn't help save the season last year when all the injuries piled up.  Oh wait...

Unless he came in out if shape.  But it didn't appear that way.  
Zibanejad is a 20 year old that got outplayed and out worked by Da Costa. Better or not. Same with Pageau, he stole Zibanejad's 3rd line center position and did it through hard work and determination. Da Costa is the 13th/14th forward who earned his spot this year with hard work on and off the ice. Zibanejad by the sounds of it rested on the fact he played in the playoffs last year and was decent. Hope he plays pissed off here on out because he took his spot for granted and it was taken away. Tough break, suck it up and work your way back. Simple as that.

260Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 18 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:06 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Ev wrote:
NEELY wrote:
Ev wrote:You reward a guy who looks good against scrubs over a guy who looked good in real NHL games and the playoffs?

Zibanejad had an awful camp by all accounts and they were very unimpressed with the work he put in.  Da Costa did the work, looked better, and got Zibanejad's spot.  Might want to stop spinning at night clubs and put some work in off the ice.  
Da Costa didn't look better in my eyes. He would be in the AHL today if he was waiver exempt.

Saying Zibanejad had an awful camp is just wrong. He came into camp in great shape and does all the work. I don't mind him getting sent down but Da Costa is not a better player at the moment.

and I doubt they were very unimpressed with the work he put in. That's nothing but speculation on your end.
Again, this is coming from the Sens camp and the people around the team, Zibanejad had an awful camp. He's 20 years old and needed to be sent a msg.

261Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 18 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:07 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:What an odd decision.  Zbad is clearly better than Da Costa.  So strange...at least Zbad didn't help save the season last year when all the injuries piled up.  Oh wait...

Zibanejad is a 20 year old that got outplayed and out worked by Da Costa.  Better or not.  Same with Pageau, he stole Zibanejad's 3rd line center position and did it through hard work and determination.  Da Costa is the 13th/14th forward who earned his spot this year with hard work on and off the ice.  Zibanejad by the sounds of it rested on the fact he played in the playoffs last year and was decent.  Hope he plays pissed off here on out because he took his spot for granted and it was taken away.  Tough break, suck it up and work your way back.  Simple as that.
Yeah, DaCosta is not even the issue here. It's Pageau making Zibanejad look disappointing. If Zibanejad looks even close to having Pageau's compete level and hunger, he stays even as an extra body. He cut himself from the team pretty much.

262Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 18 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:08 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:
Ev wrote:
NEELY wrote:

Again, this is coming from the Sens camp and the people around the team, Zibanejad had an awful camp.  He's 20 years old and needed to be sent a msg.
Again, nothing but speculation on your part.

Please, you don't have to defend every move the team makes. Zibanejad has earned a spot more than Da Costa based on his play in the last calendar year.

263Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 18 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:09 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:
NEELY wrote:

Zibanejad is a 20 year old that got outplayed and out worked by Da Costa.  Better or not.  Same with Pageau, he stole Zibanejad's 3rd line center position and did it through hard work and determination.  Da Costa is the 13th/14th forward who earned his spot this year with hard work on and off the ice.  Zibanejad by the sounds of it rested on the fact he played in the playoffs last year and was decent.  Hope he plays pissed off here on out because he took his spot for granted and it was taken away.  Tough break, suck it up and work your way back.  Simple as that.
Yeah, DaCosta is not even the issue here. It's Pageau making Zibanejad look disappointing. If Zibanejad looks even close to having Pageau's compete level and hunger, he stays even as an extra body. He cut himself from the team pretty much.
Nobody else on the team has that except the little guys. They need to have that to make it.

The team was made worse today. But oh well, he'll be back very soon.

I wouldn't want Mika to stay as an extra body.

264Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 18 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:11 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

NEELY wrote:

Pageau outplayed everyone, so that's one. Da Costa? Not sure. Nock plum spot he got on line 1 and still didn't produce statistically while Zbad played a large chunk of last year and the playoffs and excelled.

Not my first choice. Smells of cutting salary to me - unless hes going there to learn wing - and even then...

265Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 18 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:12 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

NEELY wrote:

SDC got to play with the top line for two games and managed to outscore Zibanejad by 1 point, while playing in 25% more games.

MacLean was told to use Zibanejad at center so he put him on the 3rd line with Greening and Eric" Stone Hands" Condra. He was told to shop Da Costa around so he put him on the top line with Michalek and Ryan. Sure, he hustled and impressed me, but that was relative to what I recall from 2 years ago. But I would never say he outplayed Zibanejad.

266Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 18 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:13 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

How was it made worse? Who is the better player? Pageau or Zibanejad? Right now it's an easy answer. That's who stole Zibanejad's spot just like SSF said, not Da Costa. Da Costa is still on the outside looking in at the lineup and will be the 13th guys with Kassian until he proves he's a legit NHLer.

Zibanejad needs to work as hard as Pageau if he wants to get back, not an easy feat.

267Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 18 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:15 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Zibanejad will be back shortly just like Karlsson in 09.

It is better to have Da Costa in the press box than Zibanejad, I agree.

268Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 18 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:15 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

wprager wrote:
NEELY wrote:

SDC got to play with the top line for two games and managed to outscore Zibanejad by 1 point, while playing in 25% more games.

MacLean was told to use Zibanejad at center so he put him on the 3rd line with Greening and Eric" Stone Hands" Condra.  He was told to shop Da Costa around so he put him on the top line with Michalek and Ryan.  Sure, he hustled and impressed me, but that was relative to what I recall from 2 years ago.  But I would never say he outplayed Zibanejad.
So Zibanejad sits games when Spezza is back? Not the best thing for the development of a 20 year old kid who has been told before to work harder off the ice. Again, the issue isn't Da Costa, if they want to make a choice on Zibanejad this year and put him in and out of the lineup as the 13th forward than yah, he should have stayed up. Fact is they have long term plans for #93 and he needs to do some work himself to earn and keep his spot in Ottawa. Pageau jacked his spot, simple as that.

269Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 18 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:17 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
NEELY wrote:

Nobody else on the team has that except the little guys. They need to have that to make it.

Agreed. So it's not perfect but when you consider all the moving parts here, it's just as well that he goes to the AHL and plays big, important minutes. Meantime, DaCosta gets dealt or they give up and waive him and Zibanejad comes back.

270Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 18 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:17 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Ev wrote:Zibanejad will be back shortly just like Karlsson in 09.

It is better to have Da Costa in the press box than Zibanejad, I agree.
Exactly. Da Costa is either going to sink or swim with the Sens this year. If he struggles and they give up then he's back in Bingo or picked up on waivers by some desperate team and Zibanejad is right back up. For now though, Pageau is the 3rd line center, Da Costa is the 13th forward they don't want to lose to waivers, and Zibanejad is the kid they want to send a message to and develop into a top 9 forward who they can count on consistently.

That was the camp battle at the end of the day, Pageau vs Zibanejad and Hoffman vs Da Costa.

271Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 18 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:18 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Ev wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
NEELY wrote:

Agreed. So it's not perfect but when you consider all the moving parts here, it's just as well that he goes to the AHL and plays big, important minutes. Meantime, DaCosta gets dealt or they give up and waive him and Zibanejad comes back.
Is everyone dismissing the possibility Da Costa might actually be ready for the NHL this time around and has turned the corner?

272Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 18 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:19 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I am confident SDC will not be a Senators in November.

273Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 18 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:21 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
Ev wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
NEELY wrote:

Is everyone dismissing the possibility Da Costa might actually be ready for the NHL this time around and has turned the corner?  
I'm certainly not because I've said from the beginning you don't waive the guy and you sacrifice (temporarily) a guy you can waive until the matter is settled.

By the way, how much better has Turris looked than young DaCosta?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 18 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 42 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum