GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Pre-Season Game 5 - Montreal @ Ottawa - Sept 25

+10
TheAvatar
Cap'n Clutch
sandysensfan
Ev
PTFlea
SeawaySensFan
Flo The Action
NEELY
tim1_2
wprager
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 6]

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Well... they might be saying goodbye to Hoffman because Da Costa isnt going anywhere.

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hoffman will be waived and won't be claimed

NEELY

Mod
Mod

I think Hoffman would get claimed but who knows he might clear too. Teams do like their own prospects and picks before others. A lot of teams looking for depth though.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Dman dat DaCosta pass to MIchalek on the delayed penalty.

and Dat PP Ahhhhh! 

Last edited by LeKing on Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

NEELY

Mod
Mod

That PP is going to rip teams apart.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:I think Hoffman would get claimed but who knows he might clear too.  Teams do like their own prospects and picks before others.  A lot of teams looking for depth though.
Hoffman is basically a Mason Raymond type and guys like Omark have passed through already

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Hoffman has been developed by the Sens though and that holds weight. Sens prospects tend to succeed in the NHL. Guy is a pretty complete player. Again I think he gets claimed but it's not a guarantee.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:That PP is going to rip teams apart.
Karlsson is gonna be top 5 in scoring

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Top 5 in scoring is a steep prediction... but he could with some puck luck. He leads all D men though if he plays a full season which there is no reason to think he wouldn't. This is a good game if there was ever any confidence lacking in the guy.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:Top 5 in scoring is a steep prediction... but he could with some puck luck.  He leads all D men though if he plays a full season which there is no reason to think he wouldn't.  This is a good game if there was ever any confidence lacking in the guy.  
http://www.nhl.com/ice/playerstats.htm?season=20112012&gameType=2&team=&position=S&country=&status=&viewName=summary#

11th, with Spezza and MIchalek + a bunch of 3rd liners.
Now we have Ryan, Pageau, McArthur, Turris, zibanejad, etc

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Hey man no doubt... just saying for a D man that's tough.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Hammond had a decent game considering this was basically his first chance against NHL competition. Might have a backup ina couple years if things go well for him.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Turris and Mac look great together.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

First time in 5 years but I am very confident we're gonna be a top 3 team in the East this year.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

LeKing wrote:First time in 5 years but I am very confident we're gonna be a top 3 team in the East this year.
If they can stay healthy this team could be great.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Karlsson was better than the entire team the Habs iced.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

If Wiercioch keeps this up, does he become our best outlet passer in history over Redden?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

OK, you guys all need to splash some cold water in your faces. Here's an interesting stat -- Chris Phillips has played 10x the number of games as all of the D-men playing for the Habs tonight. And it was Peter Budaj that was in goal. Two of those goals would have been stopped by an NHL goalie (Budaj isn't one -- or at least he wasn't tonight).

Now, the positives:
- Karlsson was pretty good; not sure I would've given him 1st star but it looks like Karlsson is back -- he has to lay off taking selfish penalties, though; there are plenty of legal ways to get back at Gallagher
- DaCosta was everywhere, doing everything; I was impressed (why he didn't get *any* star is weird
- Zibanejad is going to be special; when Milo's contract is up, that's who takes his place
- Hammond wasn't even supposed to start until Lawson got hurt in the warmups; that first goal was a huge "Oopsie" but he was very good after that
- Conacher-Turris-MacArthur had some sick chemistry
- PP has so much potential it's scary -- but they still need a good PP coach to focus them

I cannot say this enough times -- they were playing against a really, really inexperienced team, especially on the back-end.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum