GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Pre-Season Game 5 - Montreal @ Ottawa - Sept 25

+10
TheAvatar
Cap'n Clutch
sandysensfan
Ev
PTFlea
SeawaySensFan
Flo The Action
NEELY
tim1_2
wprager
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 6]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:
TEAM 1200 ‏@TEAM1200Ottawa 29m

Sens lines: 9-24-6; 16-7-89; 14-93-22; 28-44-25 No Spezza.
Talk about being showcased.

That 4th line makes no sense.
It makes sense. You want to see if Pageau can adapt to a more checking role. We already know he's great as a top 9 and on the PK, what if we put two plugs with him?

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

NEELY wrote:One guy I wish we would see tonight but won't is Weircioch.  This guy has the most accurate pass I have ever seen coming out of the zone... better than Karlsson in that aspect of things.  
I said that to Mel last night and she was shocked that I would say that. He's the best outlet passer I think I've ever seen in an Ottawa uniform. Better even than Redden I think (thus far). Kid is a Cussing beast offensively. Last night's pass across the hash marks to Cowick was very cool as well.

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
NEELY wrote:One guy I wish we would see tonight but won't is Weircioch.  This guy has the most accurate pass I have ever seen coming out of the zone... better than Karlsson in that aspect of things.  
I said that to Mel last night and she was shocked that I would say that. He's the best outlet passer I think I've ever seen in an Ottawa uniform. Better even than Redden I think (thus far). Kid is a Cussing beast offensively. Last night's pass across the hash marks to Cowick was very cool as well.
There is no doubt about Wiercioch's offensive abilities. It's his durability and defensive capabilities which are in question. Playing with Cowen is a smart pairing, in this regard.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:Is DaCosta centering Ryan/Michalek tonight?  That's where he is at practice.
Diddle-a-doodle-doo. This is an opportunity of a lifetime for him tonight. Where is Pageau and why is he not tried there? If Spez is gonna have issues, I'd prefer Pageau there and Da Costa taking his spot, but I guess in the grand scheme it doesn't really matter. Top 9 is top 9 - all have to be creative at this point.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
I said that to Mel last night and she was shocked that I would say that.  He's the best outlet passer I think I've ever seen in an Ottawa uniform.  Better even than Redden I think (thus far).  Kid is a Cussing beast offensively.  Last night's pass across the hash marks to Cowick was very cool as well.
There is no doubt about Wiercioch's offensive abilities.  It's his durability and defensive capabilities which are in question.  Playing with Cowen is a smart pairing, in this regard.
Not real worried about his durability, but his defensive game will take a year or even two to round into proper form I would imagine. Still...I'd sacrifice that and have Cowen there to mop up for his filthy passes. Delicious passer. Can't get over how good he is. What a steal in the 2nd round! Ahhhhh! 

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
wprager wrote:Is DaCosta centering Ryan/Michalek tonight?  That's where he is at practice.
Diddle-a-doodle-doo. This is an opportunity of a lifetime for him tonight. Where is Pageau and why is he not tried there? If Spez is gonna have issues, I'd prefer Pageau there and Da Costa taking his spot, but I guess in the grand scheme it doesn't really matter. Top 9 is top 9 - all have to be creative at this point.
It wouldn't make sense to put Pageau with 9MM/Ryan in an exhibition game when we are trying to showcase Da Costa or at least find out if he can really play with the big boys.

In the regular season, yeah, maybe they'd slide Pageau in there.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ahem.

Brent Wallace ‏@tsn_wally 34m

Maclean says Spezza could play if he had to. Lawson expected to play full game. Anderson dealing with some "small soreness"
Have to trust the Paulrus, right?

On the other hand, after tonight they have 2 dates (split squad the last day, so really only 2 more opportunities to play). Spezza played one pre-season game and the line wasn't spectacular by any stretch of the imagination. Doesn't look like much chance of chemistry developing until some time in October.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Ahem.

Brent Wallace ‏@tsn_wally 34m

Maclean says Spezza could play if he had to. Lawson expected to play full game. Anderson dealing with some "small soreness"
Have to trust the Paulrus, right?

On the other hand, after tonight they have 2 dates (split squad the last day, so really only 2 more opportunities to play).  Spezza played one pre-season game and the line wasn't spectacular by any stretch of the imagination.  Doesn't look like much chance of chemistry developing until some time in October.
I think it's Dung if people say chemistry is developed in pre-season. It won't be developed until the games mean something.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Tonight's lineups:

Montreal Canadiens

Forwards
Galchenyuk - Eller - Gallagher
Moen - Bournival - White
Holland - St. Pierre - Thomas
Blunden - Dumont - Tarnasky

Defence
Diaz - Nygren
Tinordi - Dietz
Beaulieu - Pateryn

Goaltenders
Budaj
Price

Ottawa Senators

Forwards
Michalek - DaCosta - Ryan
MacArthur - Turris - Conacher
Greening - Zibanejad - Condra
Kassian - Pageau - Neil

Defence
Methot - Karlsson
Phillips - Corvo
Claesson - Wiercioch

Goaltenders
Lawson
Hammond

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Not exactly the A-lineup for either team, but apart from missing Spezza Ottawa's forwards are pretty much all NHLers (not so much for the Habs). Same thing on D -- we've got our top three they only have Diaz and Tinordi (I *think* Diaz is in their top 4; Tinordi isn't but probably should be soon).

Even though Anderson/Lehner are both absent, since Budaj is in for the Habs we should have the edge in goal.

On paper this should be pretty one-sided, but we remember how our prospect-laden lineup did against the Leafs, right?

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Tonight's lineups:

Montreal Canadiens

Forwards
Moen - Bournival - White

Defence
Diaz - Nygren
Tinordi - Dietz
Beaulieu - Pateryn

Goaltenders
Budaj
Price

Ottawa Senators

Forwards
Kassian - Pageau - Neil

Defence
Methot - Karlsson
Phillips - Corvo
Claesson - Wiercioch

Goaltenders
Lawson
Hammond
ouch! ya, that doesn't look like their A team at all. I mean we should have this one. i hope tomorrow's game isn't an invert where they put out their best and we just try and weed out ours by putting out all our question marks. then again our question marks might be better then the habs this season.Laugh1 

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I believe Joe Scorevo is saving his 10 pt. game for tonight.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:I believe Joe Scorevo is saving his 10 pt. game for tonight.
He still owes us for when he had that hat trick against us as a member of the Hurricanes.

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

Flo The Action wrote:well well... that's pretty much montreal's A team. wonder what we'll see be iced on our side. personally i'm hoping we start trimming down the fat a little and putting out something close to our regular roster. especially in montreal... where i have tickets... and wanna see habs fans with a look of shame one their face.... Fingers 
Well with the Sens last night playing about 10 AHL players against mostly a full Leafs lineup (missing Kessel & Bolland).. the Sens beat them. Most likely because the Leafs thought they would have an easy game. Those young guys worked so hard... and played really well... Too bad some of the star players don't work like that..

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

wprager wrote:Tonight's lineups:

Montreal Canadiens

Forwards
Moen - Bournival - White

Defence
Diaz - Nygren
Tinordi - Dietz
Beaulieu - Pateryn

Goaltenders
Budaj
Price

Ottawa Senators

Forwards
Kassian - Pageau - Neil

Defence
Methot - Karlsson
Phillips - Corvo
Claesson - Wiercioch

Goaltenders
Lawson
Hammond
So.. the Habs are resting Prust & Bourque for a beatdown tomorrow night in Mtl? I hope the Sens dress some grit guys for that game...

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Scored a pair of tickets so I'm going to the game. Mr. DaCosta will have his opportunity to impress me in-person

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I think P-Mac should call a time out with 7 seconds to go ... in each period.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

P-Mac is so good he doesn't call time outs time outs call him.

- Unknown Author

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum