GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Preseason - Montreal @ Ottawa- 7:00pm - Sat. Sept. 19th, 2009

+12
beerandsens
Hoags
Sens19
Urkie
asq2
davetherave
Vandelay
shabbs
LeCaptain
PTFlea
Hockeyhero22000
wprager
16 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 18  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 18]

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Second part of the home-and-home against the Habs. Kovalev will be in the lineup, his first game against his former team. He will play top-line with Cheechoo, with Shannon at center. Interesting. We also get to see St. Pierre and Brodeur.

Lineup according to TSN's Ice Chips:

Ottawa Senators Projected Lines vs Canadiens

Forwards:
Cheechoo - Shannon - Kovalev
Foligno - Regin - Fisher
Hoffman - Hennessy - Donovan
Ruutu - St Pierre - Z Smith

Defence:
Phillips - Volchenkov
Kuba - Karlsson
Carkner - D Smith

Goaltender:
Leclaire
Brodeur

Montreal Canadiens
Projected Lines vs Senators

Forwards:
Pacioretty - Maxwell - D'Agostini
S Kostitsyn - Lapierre - White
Stewart - Johansson - Neilson
Cammalleri - Gomez - A Kostitsyn

Defence:
Markov - Spacek
O'Byrne - Benoit
Belle - Subban

Goaltender:
Price
Desjardins

Go Sens Go!

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

really will like to see what that second line can do

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Let's put the puck in the net for the love of John. Ahhhhh!

The Habs gonna make it on the ice tonight? Pretty sure Neil, Yobo, and Cranker just kicked the Dung out of that entire team last night. We might not have had more goals, haha, be The Sens won.

Tonight, we'll see, if Regin plays like he did last night I dont see how Murray keeps him off the team, especially seeing how Kelly and Schubert are playing.

I know I've defended Kelly and I still think he is a solid player and a valuable asset, but I think Regin is close to being better. I know he doesnt have the expierence or inteligence that Kelly posses right now and that wont be replaced any time soon, but we might have our second line center here that we have been waiting for.

I still dont think you put Regin anywhere but the 4th line to start the year though. He absoliutly has to show his worth before he starts getting those minutes.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Regin playing again. If he plays like last night, he makes this team and I don't care if we have to trade 3 players. GAME DAY: Preseason - Montreal @ Ottawa- 7:00pm - Sat. Sept. 19th, 2009 455378

SpezDispenser wrote:Let's put the puck in the net for the love of John. Ahhhhh!

Meh, I dont even think it's a big deal if we lose tonight either, 6-0. The team we actually ice will be as complete and competitive as any team in the East.

On anothe rnote, was Cowen actually the teams best D man last night or was it just me?

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

GAME DAY: Preseason - Montreal @ Ottawa- 7:00pm - Sat. Sept. 19th, 2009 812636
N4L wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Let's put the puck in the net for the love of John. GAME DAY: Preseason - Montreal @ Ottawa- 7:00pm - Sat. Sept. 19th, 2009 50327

Meh, I dont even think it's a big deal if we lose tonight either, 6-0. The team we actually ice will be as complete and competitive as any team in the East.

On anothe rnote, was Cowen actually the teams best D man last night or was it just me?

Best Dman I don't know, He was the most poised, didn't make stupid passes and was quite physical. I would say he played "safe", as opposed to Campoli and PIcard who played risky but made some good offensive pushes, as well as mistakes.

[quote="marakh"][img]http://www.gmhockey.com/users/65/00/03/smiles/812636.gif[/img] [quote="N4L"][quote="SpezDispenser"]Let's put the puck in the net for the love of John. [img]http://www.gmhockey.com/users/65/00/03/smiles/50327.gif[/img][/quote]

On anothe rnote, was Cowen actually the teams best D man last night or was it just me?[/quote]

Best Dman I don't know, He was the most poised, didn't make stupid passes and was quite physical. I would say he played "safe", as opposed to Campoli and PIcard who played risky but made some good offensive pushes, as well as mistakes.[/quote]

I agree. Cowen looked very poised and was pretty physical. Looked to me like the game was moving very fast around him which caused him to play a little bit too safe, but as the game went on, he looked better and better.

As risky as Picard has been, I've liked him quite a bt this pre-season

I thought he was great considering he's 18, 1st game back from injury, first game in the NHL. I dont know if this means anything, but he looked fantastic with Lee who also looked solid. Could THAT be a top 4 pairing one day? Food for though, because they looked good tgether. Karlsson/Wierchoich, Lee/Cowen?.... (better shut down pair then Karlsson/Cowen)

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

N4L wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Let's put the puck in the net for the love of John. GAME DAY: Preseason - Montreal @ Ottawa- 7:00pm - Sat. Sept. 19th, 2009 50327

Msybe just you. He was OK, but he was off. Twice he missed picking the puck up against the boards (skated right by it) -- once behind the goal and once along the boards. And both times he was a little slow turning back to grab it. Mind you, that said, considering what he'd been through and the lack of any serious training time, I thought he was fantastic.

Kovalfie wrote:
marakh wrote:GAME DAY: Preseason - Montreal @ Ottawa- 7:00pm - Sat. Sept. 19th, 2009 812636
N4L wrote:

Best Dman I don't know, He was the most poised, didn't make stupid passes and was quite physical. I would say he played "safe", as opposed to Campoli and PIcard who played risky but made some good offensive pushes, as well as mistakes.

I agree. Cowen looked very poised and was pretty physical. Looked to me like the game was moving very fast around him which caused him to play a little bit too safe, but as the game went on, he looked better and better.

As risky as Picard has been, I've liked him quite a bt this pre-season

I wouldnt say I've liked Picard this pre season but you cant really trash the teams leading scorer either. He has too much offensive tallent and too big of a shot not to have him as your number 6 guy.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Oh, yeah, when you compare him against Schubert and Campoli, he was quite good. But I thought Lee and Picard weren't too shabby,

Losses or not, I think we've done quite well defensively. 8 goals against in 3 games with all those penalties is not too shabby.

wprager wrote:
N4L wrote:

Msybe just you. He was OK, but he was off. Twice he missed picking the puck up against the boards (skated right by it) -- once behind the goal and once along the boards. And both times he was a little slow turning back to grab it. Mind you, that said, considering what he'd been through and the lack of any serious training time, I thought he was fantastic.

I agree with that somewhat... I still think him and Lee looked good together and had instant chemistry. Moved the puck really well between the two of them, good position, both physical (to a degree).

I def agree Cowen started off hesitant (who wouldnt) but was the best D man on the ice by the end of the night.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Finally get to see Kuba-Karlsson. Or did they play together against the Panthers?

wprager wrote:Finally get to see Kuba-Karlsson. Or did they play together against the Panthers?

Played together on the PP then towards the end of the night ES. Looked like they were palying with each other for years.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 18]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 18  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum