GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Montreal Canadiens - 3:00pm ET - Feb. 21st, 2009

+15
top shelf15
LethalLehner
The Silfer Server
beedub
Cap'n Clutch
beerandsens
davetherave
LeCaptain
SensFan71
smash88
asq2
wprager
Riprock
Number Twenty Nine
shabbs
19 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 15]

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

HOCKEY DAY IN CANADA IS HERE!!!

GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Montreal Canadiens - 3:00pm ET - Feb. 21st, 2009 Senators_canadiens2_400

The Sens kick off Hockey Day In Canada when they visit the slumping Habs, who've recently been in the spotlight for all the wrong reasons. With players being asked to sit, and being linked to Mafia members... things could not get much worse for a team trying to celebrate it's 100th anniversay with expectations of a Cup win weighing heavy on them.

The Sens will have two new team members in the lineup tonight as Murray acquired Comrie and Campoli from the Isles for McAmmond and SJ's 1st in a trade yesterday.

Starting goalies from: http://goaliepost.com/
- Ottawa: Elliott (firm)
- Montreal: Halak (Likely)

News and Notes from the Ottawa Sun: http://www.ottawasun.com/Sports/Senators/2009/02/21/8472976-sun.html

BLACK AND BLUE REPORT

SENATORS: C Cody Bass (shoulder surgery), out for season; RW Chris Neil (calf), out indefinitely, RW Daniel Alfredsson (cracked jaw), expected to miss at least a week.

CANADIENS: LW Alex Tanguay (separated shoulder), out indefinitely ... C Robert Lang (Achilles surgery), out indefinitely ... LW Guillaume Latendresse (shoulder), expected to miss another four weeks.

NOTEWORTHY

The Senators are 41-41-5-4 all-time vs. the Habs, and 17-23-4-2 in Montreal ... Two of the three games between the teams this season have gone to a shootout. The Senators lost both ... The Habs are 4-for-8 on the power play since acquiring D Mathieu Schneider ... Habs D Andrei Markov leads all NHL defencemen with 39 assists ... The Habs' line combinations: Christopher Higgins-Saku Koivu-Matt D'Agostini; Andrei Kostitsyn-Tomas Plekanec-Alex Kovalev; Max Pacioretty-Kyle Chipchura-Georges Laraque; Steve Begin-Max Lapierre-Tom Kostopoulos/Gregory Stewart ... The West Carleton Warrior Peewee B team was randomly selected to take part in a photo shoot with the Senators after yesterday's practice as part of today's Hockey Day in Canada.

Strange days... and I'm in Ottawa this weekend visiting family.

Game is on CBC,RDS (HD), NHLN-US.

Other games today for Hockey Day In Canada:
- Canucks @ Leafs - 7:00pm ET
- Flames @ Oilers - 10:00pm ET

GO SENS GO!!!

Last edited by shabbs on Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

shabbs wrote:HOCKEY DAY IN CANADA IS HERE!!!

The Sens kick off Hockey Day In Canada when they visit the slumping Habs, who've recently been in the spotlight for all the wrong reasons. With players being asked to sit, and being linked to Mafia members... things could not get much worse for a team trying to celebrate it's 100th anniversay with expectations of a Cup win weighing heavy on them.

The Sens will have two new team members in the lineup tonight as Murray acquired Comrie and Campoli from the Isles for McAmmond and SJ's 1st in a trade yesterday.

Starting goalies from: http://goaliepost.com/
- Ottawa: Elliott (firm)
- Montreal: Halak (Likely)

News and Notes from the Ottawa Sun: http://www.ottawasun.com/Sports/Senators/2009/02/21/8472976-sun.html

BLACK AND BLUE REPORT

SENATORS: C Cody Bass (shoulder surgery), out for season; RW Chris Neil (calf), out indefinitely, RW Daniel Alfredsson (cracked jaw), expected to miss at least a week.

CANADIENS: LW Alex Tanguay (separated shoulder), out indefinitely ... C Robert Lang (Achilles surgery), out indefinitely ... LW Guillaume Latendresse (shoulder), expected to miss another four weeks.

NOTEWORTHY

The Senators are 41-41-5-4 all-time vs. the Habs, and 17-23-4-2 in Montreal ... Two of the three games between the teams this season have gone to a shootout. The Senators lost both ... The Habs are 4-for-8 on the power play since acquiring D Mathieu Schneider ... Habs D Andrei Markov leads all NHL defencemen with 39 assists ... The Habs' line combinations: Christopher Higgins-Saku Koivu-Matt D'Agostini; Andrei Kostitsyn-Tomas Plekanec-Alex Kovalev; Max Pacioretty-Kyle Chipchura-Georges Laraque; Steve Begin-Max Lapierre-Tom Kostopoulos/Gregory Stewart ... The West Carleton Warrior Peewee B team was randomly selected to take part in a photo shoot with the Senators after yesterday's practice as part of today's Hockey Day in Canada.

Strange days... and I'm in Ottawa this weekend visiting family.

Game is on CBC,RDS (HD), NHLN-US.

GO SENS GO!!!

The Sens really need this game if they want to seriously make a run at the playoffs. Also, dealing the Habs another blow would be a cherry on top :D

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

hemlock wrote:Also, dealing the Habs another blow would be a cherry on top :D
Indeed. Kick 'em when they're down... and kick 'em again.

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

Kovalev is supposed to play. Will Comrie and Campoli play?

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Comrie and Campoli will play from what I have heard. TSN said they were en route to join the team as of yesterday. The more important question - is Hillary Duff on the way?

Beating Montreal would be so great, though giving us an unfortunate win.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Did they really list it as a "Cracked jaw"? Makes me think of the Nut Cracker Smile

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Halak has been playing well. Kovalev will be pi**ed and have something to prove. Sens haven't done well in afternoon games. It's days like these that we need Carrie Underwood watching. She and Hillary could go shopping downtown after the game. Yeah, that was sexist of me. I'm allowed one day per year.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Spezza on the Montreal situation:
http://www.ottawasun.com/Sports/Colu...1/8472561.html

"So you have to give those guys a little bit of the benefit of the doubt, because when stuff starts getting talked about, it always spreads, and you always hear more names that are involved that aren't really involved, and it becomes a big problem.
"I think just because nobody knows how much is true, or how much isn't," said Spezza. "Usually a lot of it is not exactly as accurate as is initially reported. But people sometimes don't hear the rebuttals, so it will be tough for those guys."

If you have the Citizen, you'll also see an article where Spezza says that Clouston made the right move by benching him, and that he has to be better.

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

asq2 wrote:Spezza on the Montreal situation:

"So you have to give those guys a little bit of the benefit of the doubt, because when stuff starts getting talked about, it always spreads, and you always hear more names that are involved that aren't really involved, and it becomes a big problem.
"I think just because nobody knows how much is true, or how much isn't," said Spezza. "Usually a lot of it is not exactly as accurate as is initially reported. But people sometimes don't hear the rebuttals, so it will be tough for those guys."

If you have the Citizen, you'll also see an article where Spezza says that Clouston made the right move by benching him, and that he has to be better.

Yeah his attitude on the bench, during the game was pretty good too, He seemed to take it well, I hope he comes out today and just lights up Montreal... The Habs always seem to be bring the best out of Spezza, well at least in the past... I'd love to see another one of those "Souray-esque" moves again... :D

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

smash88 wrote:

Yeah his attitude on the bench, during the game was pretty good too, He seemed to take it well, I hope he comes out today and just lights up Montreal... The Habs always seem to be bring the best out of Spezza, well at least in the past... I'd love to see another one of those "Souray-esque" moves again... :D

IIRC, the last time he played those kinds of minutes (ie 13) he had a hattrick and 3 assists against the Habs. :D

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

whoo hockey day in canada is finally here, and to top it off, Hilary Duff and Carrie Underwood in the press box, now that is a sexy thought yowza baby.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

SensFan71 wrote:whoo hockey day in canada is finally here, and to top it off, Hilary Duff and Carrie Underwood in the press box, now that is a sexy thought yowza baby.

We should trade for Henrik Zetterberg as well. :D

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

hemlock wrote:

The Sens really need this game if they want to seriously make a run at the playoffs. Also, dealing the Habs another blow would be a cherry on top :D

Honestly, I don't really care that much about a playoff spot now. I just want them to beat the Habs, Leafs and Sabres the rest of the way and get ready for next year. With depth at forward we could actually reduce the top line's playing time (especially Alfie -- he plays in every situation) and not risk injuries due to fatigue.

Imagine a top line where all three can score 30 (and Heatley with a legitimate shot at 50), a second line with all three in the 20-25 range (with stretch goal of 30 for Fisher, if healthy), and a third line with two guys capable of 15 each (Foligno and Shannon) and another 5-10 from someone like Wichester. An energy fourth line of Donovan, Ruutu, Bass will chip in the occasional goal as well. An improved D (offensivley and defensively) and Elliott/Auld in goal.

Does he ever get pissed off? Seriously, I'm not trying to harp on this, but he shouldnt be spitting out cliches ALL THE TIME. He can say what he wants, mad, sad, happy, or w/e, we'll see how he plays on the ice. With Alfi out its put up or shut up time with Spezza.

I hope Alfi is out a while just so we can see what we can expect from Spezza without the support of maybe the best all around winger in the game.

Last edited by Neely4Life on Sat Feb 21, 2009 12:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

asq2 wrote:
SensFan71 wrote:whoo hockey day in canada is finally here, and to top it off, Hilary Duff and Carrie Underwood in the press box, now that is a sexy thought yowza baby.

We should trade for Henrik Zetterberg as well. :D

Not sure. Two's company. Three could be a cat fight. Umm, OK, I think I just convinced myself.

P.S. I don't know why both Duff and Underwood would be in the press box today. Underwood has a career going, although it looks like she finished a tour in early February and I can't find any dates other than a March 8 gig in Nashville. So she's either in studio (there's some nice recording studios in and around Montreal -- John Lennon had built one up in the Laurentians, IIRC) or free. Duff, I don't really know what she does any more.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 15]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum