GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Montreal Canadiens @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm Jan. 17th, 2009

+14
COLLAR UP
dennycrane
The Silfer Server
smash88
pgood
Number Twenty Nine
asq2
PTFlea
LethalLehner
Cronie
PKC
beerandsens
wprager
shabbs
18 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 11]

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

The Habs roll into town to visit the Ottawa Senators who have matched a season high 2-game winning streak (man that's hilarious). Elliott has backstopped the Sens to their 2 victories and has looked very promising in net. Gerber has been sent down to Bingo for a 2-week conditioning stint leaving Elliott and Auld to run the show for now.

Elliott gets the start for the Sens tonight and Halak should go for the Habs as Price is still injured and will most likely miss the All-Star game as well.

TSN's Ice Chips:

Source: http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/feature/?id=11009

Anton Volchenkov had his first skate with the team since suffering a shoulder injury Jan 3. He did not take contact and coach Craig Hartsburg says Volchenkov is getting close to returning - likely after the All-Star break. - TSN

Practice Lines

Forwards:
Heatley - Spezza - Alfredsson
Foligno - Fisher - Neil
Vermette - Kelly - Winchester
Ruutu - McAmmond - Donovan

Defence:
Phillips - Lee
Kuba - Picard
Schubert - Smith
Bell - Volchenkov

Goaltenders:
Elliott
Auld

Black and Blue Report:

Ottawa Senators: Cody Bass - on injured reserve and is out indefinitely - to undergo left shoulder surgery; Anton Volchenkov - expected to miss Saturday's game against Montreal - shoulder

Montreal Canadiens: Mathieu Dandenault - on injured reserve and is expected to miss 6-8 week - left arm surgery; Christopher Higgins - on injured reserve and is expected to miss 4-6 weeks - left shoulder; Saku Koivu - on injured reserve - right ankle/foot; Georges Laraque - on injured reserve - lower body; Alex Tanguay - on injured reserve and is expected to miss at least six weeks - separated left shoulder; Carey Price - out indefinitely - lower body

Noteworthy:

The Senators are 10-7-3 at home this season ... Montreal LW Guillaume Latendresse has scored three goals in the last four games. All three of those goals have come in the last 90 seconds of the first period ... The Habs are 10-2-1 in their last 13 games ... Tonight's game will be the third of six meetings between the teams. After suffering a 4-0 loss to the Habs on Nov. 11 in Montreal, the Senators fell 3-2 in a shootout at home on Nov. 20. W Alex Tanguay scored the clincher. Ottawa also suffered a 4-0 loss on Nov. 11 at home ... Tickets are available for tomorrow's Superskills Competition at Scotiabank Place. The doors will open at noon and the Senators will hold a warmup at 12:30 p.m. The competition begins at 1 p.m.

Source: http://www.ottawasun.com/Sports/Senators/2009/01/17/8053981-sun.html

Game is on CBC (HD),RDS (HD),NHLN-US.

Last edited by shabbs on Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:12 am; edited 1 time in total

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I think A-Train was rushed to come back before. His facial lacerations (a.k.a. his separated shoulder) were not healed sufficiently. Now he's likely out until after the All-Star break.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Wow, lots of injuries for the Habs. We have a shot after all.

I didnt think it was possible to be this hung over, wtf. It will be a struggle to get to the game tonight!

ELLIOTT RULES!

beerandsens

beerandsens
Sophomore
Sophomore

That's great Neely :lol!: ... I probably am fully aware of how hung over you can get, last week was I was suffering big time. Should be a good game tonight.

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Is it possible to feel hung over without having drank the night before?

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

PK: yes it is... I have felt like that for about a week. I have an extremely mobile 18 month old boy and a week old daughter... Sleep is a luxury.... LOL

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Cronenbergfan wrote:PK: yes it is... I have felt like that for about a week. I have an extremely mobile 18 month old boy and a week old daughter... Sleep is a luxury.... LOL

Holy moly....congrats big guy. What's her name?

LethalLehner

LethalLehner
Sophomore
Sophomore

Montreal played well against the Predators on Thursday but the Preds almost made a come back. I think it is possible for the Sens to the Habs tonight. I am still a little torn though 'cause part of me still wants them to bomb the rest of the season. Wink

I love that 2nd line :D

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

No change in the lineups for tonight's game.

http://www.ottawasun.com/Sports/Senators/2009/01/17/8058026.html

Bell will be a healthy scratch.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

ESPN's stats...

GAME DAY: Montreal Canadiens @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm Jan. 17th, 2009 Senshabsyz0

LethalLehner

LethalLehner
Sophomore
Sophomore

Stats show that it should be a pretty close and good game assuming that both teams bring their A game. Game is pretty close to being soldout - fewer than 100 tickets remain (as per Capital Tickets website). Bring on the beer!! I just wish they weren't so expensive at SBP.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Wow, those stats tell *so* many stories:

1. What the heck's happened to the Habs powerplay, when Ottawa -- OTTAWA, for cryin' out loud -- has the same number of PP goals.

2. It really is scoring depth, isn't it? Individual leaders on both teams line up very closely.

3. Goalie stats tell a story, too. Good thing we're not playing Gerber, and they are not playing Price.

4. Pretty much at the All Star break and Spezza is leading the team in goals and shots on goal. Wow, who woulda thunk that back in Sweden?

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

The Habs PP has taken a huge hit with Souray leaving and then Streit... they've never been able to replace them.

The home vs away records are close.

Could be a toss up... you never know.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 11]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum