GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Montreal Canadiens @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm Jan. 17th, 2009

+14
COLLAR UP
dennycrane
The Silfer Server
smash88
pgood
Number Twenty Nine
asq2
PTFlea
LethalLehner
Cronie
PKC
beerandsens
wprager
shabbs
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

Go down  Message [Page 11 of 11]

Cap'n Clutch wrote:To be honest, if this team is going into any kind of re-build then they won't spend close to the cap and will give their young guys a lot of leash. If they expect to have a complete turnaround next season then they'll try to reload in the offseason I would think.

They need to rebuild the backend. A couple reliable puck movers, along with the subtraction of 1 German, the team should be fine. Where will that money come from without getting into a bad situation? Not sure.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Neely4Life wrote:
They need to rebuild the backend. A couple reliable puck movers, along with the subtraction of 1 German, the team should be fine. Where will that money come from without getting into a bad situation? Not sure.

Then definitely no to Bouwmeester, trade for 2 puck movers.

504Heater wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:

Then definitely no to Bouwmeester, trade for 2 puck movers.

J Bo would be the best thing to happen to the Sens in a long, long, long time.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Neely4Life wrote:

T'would. I would do it anyway - but the cap situation is an intriguing and frightening one.

Neely4Life wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:To be honest, if this team is going into any kind of re-build then they won't spend close to the cap and will give their young guys a lot of leash. If they expect to have a complete turnaround next season then they'll try to reload in the offseason I would think.

I'm convinced the German can be a true 3-4 someday very soon. I personally disagree with the harsh assessment of his most recent play (and Hartsburg does too). Try to pay attention to him at more times than just when he's making a mistake and you'll see some really good things. He's made a lot of progress since moving onto the backend. And he's so cheap, I am definitely willing to let this experiment continue into next season.

504Heater wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:

T'would. I would do it anyway - but the cap situation is an intriguing and frightening one.
If you can get him locked in a 6.5 without a NTC, then you do it, but otherwise it just handcuffs us too much.
Unlike Neely, I now choose Spezza every time.

cash wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:

I'm convinced the German can be a true 3-4 someday very soon. I personally disagree with the harsh assessment of his most recent play (and Hartsburg does too). Try to pay attention to him at more times than just when he's making a mistake and you'll see some really good things. He's made a lot of progress since moving onto the backend. And he's so cheap, I am definitely willing to let this experiment continue into next season.

There is a lot of other things I dont like about the guy. He is the guy that makes a mistake at the worst possible time and takes a lot of dumb penalties.

There is no pressure on these guys n e more, so their improved play should be taken with a big grain of salt.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Schubert is playing better than he did in the pre-season. Is that progress? If he was on a 2-way contract there is no way he would have started the season with the big club. And his contract is awfully close to $1M -- not exactly chump change.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Schubert's been great recently, I agree, but he needs to bring this at all times.

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

I personally don't think he'll be around anymore come this summer...you?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SensGirl11 wrote:I personally don't think he'll be around anymore come this summer...you?

Hahahaha. Look at Kermie riding the bike.

Uh..no, I don't think he'll be around.

Neely4Life wrote:
cash wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:

There is a lot of other things I dont like about the guy. He is the guy that makes a mistake at the worst possible time and takes a lot of dumb penalties.

There is no pressure on these guys n e more, so their improved play should be taken with a big grain of salt.
Thats a valid point. If they can grind themselves back into the race, then we'll start seeing their true colours, I think.

Schubert does do some boneheaded things and he's a bully - he goes hard after the little guys, but backs down from the bigger men (even though most of them are either his size or smaller Rolling Eyes ) and he definitely has a knack for taking the most insanely stupid and ill-advised penalties ever! But he's big, strong, has a rocket (not like he can control it, though squirrel ) he's fast, he can move the puck as well as pretty much any one on our team, and he's well liked by the guys on this team. He can PK and may one day be capable of anchoring a PP (even if he isn't likely to run one) and he isn't bad in 5-on-5 situations.
He has a lot going for him, but his flaws are significant - so much so that most fans don't even see the value in keeping him around anymore.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 11 of 11]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum