GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Montreal Canadiens @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm Jan. 17th, 2009

+14
COLLAR UP
dennycrane
The Silfer Server
smash88
pgood
Number Twenty Nine
asq2
PTFlea
LethalLehner
Cronie
PKC
beerandsens
wprager
shabbs
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 11]

LethalLehner

Sophomore
Sophomore

Stats show that it should be a pretty close and good game assuming that both teams bring their A game. Game is pretty close to being soldout - fewer than 100 tickets remain (as per Capital Tickets website). Bring on the beer!! I just wish they weren't so expensive at SBP.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Wow, those stats tell *so* many stories:

1. What the heck's happened to the Habs powerplay, when Ottawa -- OTTAWA, for cryin' out loud -- has the same number of PP goals.

2. It really is scoring depth, isn't it? Individual leaders on both teams line up very closely.

3. Goalie stats tell a story, too. Good thing we're not playing Gerber, and they are not playing Price.

4. Pretty much at the All Star break and Spezza is leading the team in goals and shots on goal. Wow, who woulda thunk that back in Sweden?

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

The Habs PP has taken a huge hit with Souray leaving and then Streit... they've never been able to replace them.

The home vs away records are close.

Could be a toss up... you never know.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Spezza is just 3 points back of Heater and Aflie for the team lead. Won't be long he's leading the team. Just wish his +/- would improve.

shabbs wrote:The Habs PP has taken a huge hit with Souray leaving and then Streit... they've never been able to replace them.

The home vs away records are close.

Could be a toss up... you never know.
Weber should help them in the future on the PP

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

6-2 Sens, Alfie or Fisher with 4 goals. Smile

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

I'll accept that penalty. It's great to see Spezza trying to be physical.

No way I'm trading this kid. He wants to be great.

Is is just me or has Bob Cole gotten even worse?

Winchester with some outstanding work entering the zone and a Beeeauty of a pass by Ruutu!

Who else is sick of seeing Alfredsson QB out of our end? How much is Cory Murphy on re-entry?

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Great game so far.

Andrei Kostitsyn is one heckuva player. Dangerous with the puck, big, fast, and physical.

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

PKC wrote:
Cronenbergfan wrote:PK: yes it is... I have felt like that for about a week. I have an extremely mobile 18 month old boy and a week old daughter... Sleep is a luxury.... LOL

Holy moly....congrats big guy. What's her name?

Hey N4.

We named her Evelyn, but Evie for short.
It's strange because compared to my 18 month old (Nathaniel), he seems HUGE and she seems SO small, although she was 7lbs, 12 oz.

As for tonight's tilt, I'm a little sad that the Sens are trailing, but holy s**t, when did they start playing for one another and geling as a team?!? This is insane!?!?
Hopefully, they can rally in the 2nd and go into the 2nd intermission with a lead and maintain it?! Who knows??! Lit up Halak boys and see what happens...

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

Let's hope the refs let up a bit in the second, those calls are marginal at best..

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Oh man, if this charging thing isn't an abberation and Spezza adds the physical dimension to his game that he's capable of...

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

asq2 wrote:Oh man, if this charging thing isn't an abberation and Spezza adds the physical dimension to his game that he's capable of...

Imagine, eh... wow...

What happened to Phillips?
and can Heatley be anymore Diddle predictable?

I'm still iffy on trading our 2nd longest serving player, but Heatley is front-and-center on my Dung list.
Would you guys do Heatley for Stamkos and TB1?

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Heatley is pissing me off to no end right now...
And to think I actually thought our guys MIGHT have a chance to beat the frickin' Habs...

pgood

pgood
Rookie
Rookie

Cronenbergfan wrote:Heatley is pissing me off to no end right now...
And to think I actually thought our guys MIGHT have a chance to beat the frickin' Habs...

Heatley is a joke right now. He's playing weak, making terrible decisions, drifting, floating and just plain doing nothing. He should be benched for the 3rd, end of story.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 11]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum