GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Pre-Season Game 5 - Montreal @ Ottawa - Sept 25

+10
TheAvatar
Cap'n Clutch
sandysensfan
Ev
PTFlea
SeawaySensFan
Flo The Action
NEELY
tim1_2
wprager
14 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 6]

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

This is the first re-match between the two teams since Ottawa huliminated (tm) the Division leaders in the first round of the post season. After the beat down Montreal went out and got George Parros to get bigger and tougher, while also getting Daniel Briere to get smaller and faster. Both players are likely past their prime, however Briere will certainly give them much needed scoring in the playoffs -- if they make it that far. And if Price does not have a rebound year the Habs may well go from Division winner to missing the post-season.

Ice Chips says that Budaj will be in goal to face Ottawa. I assume Ottawa's top line will draw back in after getting a night off. I'll assume Karlsson will be back on the ice as well, to show P.K. how it's done -- how it's *really* done.

Montreal Practice Lines:
Tuesday's Practice Lines

Bourque - Plekanec - Gionta
Pacioretty - Desharnais - Briere
Galchenyuk - Eller - Gallagher
Moen - Bournival - White
Parros - Holland - Blunden

Defence:
Gorges - Subban
Markov - Diaz
Tinordi - Bouillon
Beaulieu - Dietz

Goaltenders:
Price
Budaj

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Gryba and Lazar practiced with the team yesterday, I think. They kept Lazar on the A roster so I assume he will get a start or two, but would they put him in against the Habs?

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I believe Anderson is supposed to play the full game.

I got free tickets with my buddies...in the 100s somewhere! First trip to the CTC this year! Beer

NEELY

Mod
Mod

One guy I wish we would see tonight but won't is Weircioch. This guy has the most accurate pass I have ever seen coming out of the zone... better than Karlsson in that aspect of things.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

NEELY wrote:One guy I wish we would see tonight but won't is Weircioch.  This guy has the most accurate pass I have ever seen coming out of the zone... better than Karlsson in that aspect of things.  
Why do you think he is not playing? The defensive pairings in practice were Méthot-Karlsson, Phillips-Wiercioch, Claesson-Corvo. And that's the game-day skate; the players not in the lineup are skating at 11 (Spezza is in that group).

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Is DaCosta centering Ryan/Michalek tonight? That's where he is at practice.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

TEAM 1200 ‏@TEAM1200Ottawa 29m

Sens lines: 9-24-6; 16-7-89; 14-93-22; 28-44-25 No Spezza.
Talk about being showcased.

That 4th line makes no sense.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

well well... that's pretty much montreal's A team. wonder what we'll see be iced on our side. personally i'm hoping we start trimming down the fat a little and putting out something close to our regular roster. especially in montreal... where i have tickets... and wanna see habs fans with a look of shame one their face.... Fingers 

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:

ya! maybe they wanna see if he can actually produce with some good players on his line. def a showcase. hey Edm! I hear you need a center to replace gagner?

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:
wprager wrote:

ya! maybe they wanna see if he can actually produce with some good players on his line. def a showcase. hey Edm! I hear you need a center to replace gagner?
That and Spezza isn't fit to play. If he was, he would be in the game and on that line. It's not like they've had a real chance to establish some chemistry in a game situation.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Wonder if we can trade Spezza for Perron?

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Nathan Lawson will play the full game - obviously, not Matrix as I previously, erroneously reported. My deepest apologies for my error. I bet I could get a job with the Sun and/or Citizen and/or CBC!

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:

It makes sense. You want to see if Pageau can adapt to a more checking role. We already know he's great as a top 9 and on the PK, what if we put two plugs with him?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

NEELY wrote:One guy I wish we would see tonight but won't is Weircioch.  This guy has the most accurate pass I have ever seen coming out of the zone... better than Karlsson in that aspect of things.  
I said that to Mel last night and she was shocked that I would say that. He's the best outlet passer I think I've ever seen in an Ottawa uniform. Better even than Redden I think (thus far). Kid is a Cussing beast offensively. Last night's pass across the hash marks to Cowick was very cool as well.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
I said that to Mel last night and she was shocked that I would say that. He's the best outlet passer I think I've ever seen in an Ottawa uniform. Better even than Redden I think (thus far). Kid is a Cussing beast offensively. Last night's pass across the hash marks to Cowick was very cool as well.
There is no doubt about Wiercioch's offensive abilities. It's his durability and defensive capabilities which are in question. Playing with Cowen is a smart pairing, in this regard.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 6]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum