GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Philadelphia Flyers - 7:00pm ET - Thu. Apr. 11th, 2013

+13
Ev
Hobiesens
spader
Flo The Action
NEELY
tim1_2
SensHulk
LeCaptain
PTFlea
Hoags
SeawaySensFan
shabbs
wprager
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 12]

SensHulk

All-Star
All-Star

It hurts, but I'm gonna have to root for the leafs tonight....

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:Start it!

Walter Prager ‏@MrMontagoose wrote:

#FreeJOB #Sens #LineupChanges

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Gonchar was Rhiannaing way back before it was cool:

GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Philadelphia Flyers - 7:00pm ET - Thu. Apr. 11th, 2013 - Page 2 Gonchar

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Michallica wrote:It hurts, but I'm gonna have to root for the leafs tonight....

Big, big, big time. I feel like this matchup just happened...and the Leafs blew it in the 3rd, only to score late and win 3-1. Deja vu all over again? Vertigo

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/sens-neil-we-have-to-get-our-swagger-back/

With the season seemingly hanging in the balance, this is the point where the veteran leadership is planning on having a calming influence inside the room.

“We have quite a few veterans to fall back on. This is a time for us to be solid and be dependable and kind of guide the younger guys and make sure they don’t feel the pressure. It’s up to us,” said Alfredsson.

I can't blame Regin for the faceoff violation penalty, because that was just a ridiculously bad call that, frankly, should get the referee in hot water (it's been said, but worth repeating -- when you put a team down 2 for a long time you have to be 100% certain). But Gonchar, even if that slash wasn't hard, and even if Stamkos dove, you just can't do that. If you are not hooking someone hard enough to slow them down or take them down, then why are you doing it at all? Same for the "slash" -- if it wasn't hard enough to chop him down, hurt him, slow him down or at least give him something to think about, then why do it? All you're doing in this case is giving the ref an opportunity to call a penalty.

Veterans should know this better than anyone.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

By the way, we gave up 41 shots in the last two games -- combined. That should be good enough to win.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

GAME DAY!!!!!

With J.G. Pageau recalled from Bingo, you can bet there will be a lineup change. But will it be Regin/Kassian sitting out in favor of Pageau and O'Brien, or is Pageau there to replace Zibanejad, who took a forearm/elbow to the head in Tampa?

Can we assume that Anderson will remain in goal, even after allowing 5 goals on 41 shots in the two games back since his ankle injury? Anderson did not cost the Sens the two games, but then again the Sens have come to expect a lot better than sub-.900 from The One.

Is Regin *finally* going to sit out? Will Kassian *finally* be useful? Not that I expect 4th liners to make a difference when you can't score more than 2 goals per game, but Regin is not the type of player who can contribute on the 4th line, and Kassian's contribution is, well, retribution, and he haven't seen any of that, lately.

3-way tie for 8th, with the Sens hanging on because of a game in hand. The last 2-3 games have been "must win"; this one really is.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

So we have a winter storm warning (upgraded from "watch") with ice/snow beginning around midnight. I hope this doesn't affect the team's travel plans after the game. This could be disastrous.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:So we have a winter storm warning (upgraded from "watch") with ice/snow beginning around midnight. I hope this doesn't affect the team's travel plans after the game. This could be disastrous.

They are just getting rain in Philly and NJ. Not sure how snow here would affect the team?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:
wprager wrote:So we have a winter storm warning (upgraded from "watch") with ice/snow beginning around midnight. I hope this doesn't affect the team's travel plans after the game. This could be disastrous.

They are just getting rain in Philly and NJ. Not sure how snow here would affect the team?

Overnight temperatures could dip below the freezing point. Or even just a heavy rain could cause issues. Hope you're right.

Chicken Little out.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

OK. I'm better now:

Steve Warne ‏@TGORSteve wrote:

OTT: Pageau called up. WPG: Toby Enstrom hurt last night. NJ: Volchenkov will be suspended today. Salvador broke wrist. Kovy out v Sens.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Jesus, you almost wish they had some of those guys in the lineup so the Sens don't take them lightly. Playing guys that are playing for NHL jobs next year is so dangerous.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

With the Sens in a logjam at the bottom of the East standings with 44 points... it's almost time to crank the level to SENSCON 1....

Tonight is a SMMW. SuperMegaMustWin. No if's and's or but's about it.

JUST. MOTHER. Cussing. WIN.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Kassian should probably be in the lineup tonight, since it's the big bad Flyers and all.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Oh, a key to victory: STAY OUT OF THE BOX. Philly's PP is 2nd in the league.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Bring out the cliches today... "Keep it simple" "Do the little things" "Back to basics" etc...

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

sens win.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Ohnoes!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 12]