GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Philadelphia Flyers - 7:00pm ET - Thu. Apr. 11th, 2013

+13
Ev
Hobiesens
spader
Flo The Action
NEELY
tim1_2
SensHulk
LeCaptain
PTFlea
Hoags
SeawaySensFan
shabbs
wprager
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down  Message [Page 10 of 12]

Hoags

All-Star
All-Star

LeKing wrote:Always knew the guy was a beast, but he never much chance to show it. PLayed on a awful team in the SEL, used on the wing during the wjc, injured half the time in Bingo... tools were always elite

I wonder what the odds are of Turris keeping the #2C position down the road.

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star

Hoags wrote:
LeKing wrote:Always knew the guy was a beast, but he never much chance to show it. PLayed on a awful team in the SEL, used on the wing during the wjc, injured half the time in Bingo... tools were always elite

I wonder what the odds are of Turris keeping the #2C position down the road.

I'll answer this question when Spezza comes back playing...

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

He tools were there but I was worried he wouldn't put it together or stay healthy in the AHL to continue his development.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Couldn't catch the game, how was pageau?

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:Couldn't catch the game, how was pageau?

2nd star. Enough for you? Naughty

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

That was an ugly one.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

spader wrote:That was an ugly one.

Ugly? Like a FOX!!!

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:
spader wrote:That was an ugly one.

Ugly? Like a FOX!!!

Indeed. Cheers

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

LeKing wrote:Against Tampa:
Kassian: 2:42
REgin: 5:36
Condra: 8:52

Against Florida:
Regin: 8:57
Kassian: 6:28
Condra: 10:39

Tonight
Pageau: 11:17
Kassian: 11:03 (lowest on team)
COndra: 12:27

So you're saying give Kassian 11 minutes of ice time and we win?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispenser wrote:
wprager wrote:OK, as must win games go, this was a win. But the next one is even more of a must win -- a muster win.

Islanders and Jets are keeping up with us. Gaining 2 on Boston is nothing, although I do believe their troubles are continuing.
It's more about what 9th is doing imo.

Sure, on the Maslow Hierarchy of Playoff Needs staying ahead of 9th is the base of the pyramid, for sure, for sure. But staying ahead of 8th and 7th keeps you away from the likes of Pittsburgh/Montreal/Boston.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

LeKing wrote:

Not really. I see he had an assist but did he play big? Was his speed noticeable? What made him earn that star? Details!!!!!

NEELY

Mod
Mod

wprager wrote:
LeKing wrote:Against Tampa:
Kassian: 2:42
REgin: 5:36
Condra: 8:52

Against Florida:
Regin: 8:57
Kassian: 6:28
Condra: 10:39

Tonight
Pageau: 11:17
Kassian: 11:03 (lowest on team)
COndra: 12:27

So you're saying give Kassian 11 minutes of ice time and we win?

Just shows you how useless Regin is. He's a guy that just collects a paycheque now.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Much better spread of ice time... staying out of the box helped that for sure.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Flo The Action wrote:
LeKing wrote:

Not really. I see he had an assist but did he play big? Was his speed noticeable? What made him earn that star? Details!!!!!

He won 80% of his faceoffs (limited number, though), had a couple chances in-close, did not look out of place at all, was out in the last minute of a 1-goal game and got the assist on Alfie's empty-netter.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

To be fair here, we BARELY beat one of the worst teams in the league. Philly was really awful. The one area they could've hurt us was on the PP, but we did a great job killing the couple penalties we did take, and we stayed out of the box for the most part.

I would like to add that this game was really well officiated. No terrible calls, no stream of players to the penalty box, AND they even called appropriate high-sticking penalties!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:To be fair here, we BARELY beat one of the worst teams in the league. Philly was really awful. The one area they could've hurt us was on the PP, but we did a great job killing the couple penalties we did take, and we stayed out of the box for the most part.

I would like to add that this game was really well officiated. No terrible calls, no stream of players to the penalty box, AND they even called appropriate high-sticking penalties!

They completely missed the one on Turris. There has been an alarming number of missed high-sticking calls against the Sens, recently.

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

Flo The Action wrote:
LeKing wrote:

He didn't officially have a star. Sportsnet awarded their second star to him, but the NHL gave the 3 stars to 1. Greening, 2. Smith, 3. Bryzgalov.

Pageau did play really well. Feisty for a little guy. In the third I found he had one weak play where he gave it away, but he immediately made up for it by going to the corner and drawing a penalty. He drove to the net and didn't back down. Seemed to know where to be on the ice, and was rewarded in the 3rd, and played PK with Alfie. Not as feisty as Conacher, but still went for the hits. He played like he wanted to play another game. In my opinion he more than earned it.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Sylvain St-Laurent ‏@Syl_St_Laurent 1m

I have a very, very strong feeling Milan Michalek will play tonight. #Sens #LD

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 10 of 12]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum