GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

+15
SensHulk
Flo The Action
Oglethorpe
SeawaySensFan
Ev
rooneypoo
wprager
tim1_2
LeCaptain
dennycrane
PTFlea
spader
Hoags
shabbs
NEELY
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 50 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 34 of 67]

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
LeKing wrote:Rather see Leafs make the playoffs with the Sens than both out.
Have to give you a minus for that. :crossarms:

SO you'd rather see the Sens out of the playoffs than in.

Good fan you are.

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star

MotherofGod

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Wow. Sweet.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

LeKing wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

Good fan you are.

Maybe I misunderstood what you meant as I had toked a little.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
LeKing wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

Good fan you are.

Maybe I misunderstood what you meant as I had toked a little.

Not sure what you understood but given the reactions I think I wasn't very clear...
Jets were out of the playoff picture before that game, so with a Leafs win and a Sens win today, they would have been 6 pts behind ottawa. One less team to worry about.

And seriously, a first round against Toronto and Montreal is what I am looking for and beat the Dung out of them. I am sick of going against Crosby.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

My main concern is keeping as big a gap as possible between us and the teams behind us. Doesn't matter who it is. A Jets win in regulation last night helped that more than any other result. Jets/Hurricanes are in that dreaded SE Division so they bounce up and down like crazy this time of year.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

If they can win tonight and Tues it will go a long way. Need to beat the teams chasing them.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

LeKing wrote:
wprager wrote:
LeKing wrote:6 years at 5.5 is nothing, not sure why you think it is outrageous or something.
He deserves it, plain and simple. The cap will go up again.

Now Getzlaf is another story.

I'll say it again -- it's not that I don't think this particular player does not deserve it, but he's had less than two full seasons' worth of games in the NHL and he is getting a long-term, high-end-salary contract. I miss that 2nd contract -- remember those?

Subban is gonna make 7M next year. What do you prefer, that or 5.5M for 6 years?

Actually I prefer that -- he's got a true(er) 2nd contract at only a 2 year term (btw, he's making $3.75M next year, and an AAV under $3M). He's got this season and next to *prove* that he deserves whatever he gets. He's almost a PPG this year -- if he can keep that up, and then do the same next year, he *will* get $7M, and he may well have some hardware to go along with the contract.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

In the Pens/Bs game both Letang and Krejci were injured. Didn't see what happened to Krejci, but this is Letang's injury:'

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league - Page 34 Letangbig

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

That was in the 1st and he didn't come out for the 2nd or 3rd. LBI.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Krejci took a Boychuk slapper to the knee and had to be helped off the ice.

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

wprager wrote:That was in the 1st and he didn't come out for the 2nd or 3rd. LBI.

I must be half blind... I can't get what really happened there. Did he get cut or what?

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Looks like his ankle/heel got twisted on the way in as their skates touched... hard to tell from that gif. It was initially thought a cut to the back of the leg, eerily similar to Karlsson... but it is not apparently.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
LeKing wrote:
wprager wrote:
LeKing wrote:6 years at 5.5 is nothing, not sure why you think it is outrageous or something.
He deserves it, plain and simple. The cap will go up again.

Now Getzlaf is another story.

I'll say it again -- it's not that I don't think this particular player does not deserve it, but he's had less than two full seasons' worth of games in the NHL and he is getting a long-term, high-end-salary contract. I miss that 2nd contract -- remember those?

Subban is gonna make 7M next year. What do you prefer, that or 5.5M for 6 years?

Actually I prefer that -- he's got a true(er) 2nd contract at only a 2 year term (btw, he's making $3.75M next year, and an AAV under $3M). He's got this season and next to *prove* that he deserves whatever he gets. He's almost a PPG this year -- if he can keep that up, and then do the same next year, he *will* get $7M, and he may well have some hardware to go along with the contract.

Can you imagine if they waited another 2 years for Pacioretty? He'd make $6M easily. THen Subban 7, Price 6.5, Plekanec $5M.
GMs need to take risks or there won't be enough to pay the rest of the team.
Subban should have been paid long term at $5M.
I don't really care, I hope they go into cap problems.

Good thing Karlsson is actually a good boy, because he could have waited another few days and his agent would have asked $7M

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

sandysensfan wrote:
wprager wrote:That was in the 1st and he didn't come out for the 2nd or 3rd. LBI.

I must be half blind... I can't get what really happened there. Did he get cut or what?

Apparently he tweaked an old leg injury.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Sergei Kostitsyn gives up a 2-1 SH break, gives up and heads to the bench and the Oilers score on it.

Funny to see Trotz and the coaches yelling at him to stay on.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

That can't got unpunished.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Hoags wrote:

Sergei Kostitsyn gives up a 2-1 SH break, gives up and heads to the bench and the Oilers score on it.

Funny to see Trotz and the coaches yelling at him to stay on.

Ha. Is he trying to manage his +/-? I think he's trying to impress wprager.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 34 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 50 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum