GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

+15
SensHulk
Flo The Action
Oglethorpe
SeawaySensFan
Ev
rooneypoo
wprager
tim1_2
LeCaptain
dennycrane
PTFlea
spader
Hoags
shabbs
NEELY
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 26 ... 49, 50, 51 ... 58 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 50 of 67]

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

This one?

Spoiler:

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

How does Nash avoid suspension yet Lupul gets two games? Nash put an elbow to the back of Kopecky's head...

Was it because Kopecky turned right before the hit? Brutal. Nash had time to adjust... Man... these suspensions sure are inconsistent...

spader

All-Star
All-Star

That's a brutal hit. It looked like he actually had to make an effort to bring his elbow down on Kopecky's head.

I hope he's ok. He's having a real nice year so far. He's on pace to a career year in goal production in only 48 games.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

spader wrote:That's a brutal hit. It looked like he actually had to make an effort to bring his elbow down on Kopecky's head.

I hope he's ok. He's having a real nice year so far. He's on pace to a career year in goal production in only 48 games.

That looked like a double axe handle from Superfly Jimmy Snuka.

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

shabbs wrote:How does Nash avoid suspension yet Lupul gets two games? Nash put an elbow to the back of Kopecky's head...

Was it because Kopecky turned right before the hit? Brutal. Nash had time to adjust... Man... these suspensions sure are inconsistent...

Hit from behind -- left his feet -- targetted the back of the neck/head. It blows my mind there will be no suspension.

I can't see how Shanahan or Blake could be on that video and explain to everyone why Nash is not being suspended.

There used to be rules for superstars and rules for everyone else. But with the Perry suspension... that theory doesn't apply anymore.

Could it be who he plays for? Do the Rangers pull some weight in the NHL?

If I'm a GM of a team that had a player suspended for a lesser hit.. I'd be all over Daly as to why their player got suspended and Nash didn't.

This league is so inconsistent it is disgusting.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

sandysensfan wrote:
shabbs wrote:How does Nash avoid suspension yet Lupul gets two games? Nash put an elbow to the back of Kopecky's head...

Hit from behind -- left his feet -- targetted the back of the neck/head. It blows my mind there will be no suspension.

I can't see how Shanahan or Blake could be on that video and explain to everyone why Nash is not being suspended.

There used to be rules for superstars and rules for everyone else. But with the Perry suspension... that theory doesn't apply anymore.

Could it be who he plays for? Do the Rangers pull some weight in the NHL?

If I'm a GM of a team that had a player suspended for a lesser hit.. I'd be all over Daly as to why their player got suspended and Nash didn't.

This league is so inconsistent it is disgusting.

It's definitely inconsistent, but do you really believe the conspiracy theory that you're expounding? Whaaa?

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Shanaban played for the Rangers... Nash plays for the Rangers... conspiracy theory?

Ahhhhh!

It really does not make sense. Shanaban needs to make a video explaining why there is no action.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Shanaban does explain here:

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/brendan-shanahan-explains-why-rangers-rick-nash-wasn-220502216--nhl.html

“We don’t see this as being principal point of contact to the head. For a fact, we don’t see much contact to the head at all,” said Shanahan.

Hmmmm... must have had better angles/cameras/video than everyone else...

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Wow. Caps crushed the Jets 6-1 tonight. Yikes. Claude won't be too pleased about that.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Blue Jackets down the Flames 5-1.... Columbus and Rags are tied for points. Both sit in 9th in their respective conference...

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hoags wrote:Since we had a debate on this some time ago:

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/hockey/moneyball-ization-of-hockey-pays-off-for-penguins/article10122427/

Penguins talk about "Moneyball" of hockey and use the James Neal trade as example.

Moneyball schmoneyball. Dallas f-ed that trade up something fierce, what a horrendous trade. Pittsburgh made out like friggin bandits, I actually feel badly for us in the East and Dallas for losing a tremendous winger. Neal is sick and the Pens were lucky Dallas was sleeping at the switch.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Eastern games today:
- Lightning/Sens
- Bruins/Leafs
- Habs/Sabres
- Panthers/Devils

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Halpern claimed by the Habs.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Why the heck did they waive Halpern?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispenser wrote:Why the heck did they waive Halpern?

You mean the rangers? Probably not fast enough to keep up now. The Habs are getting him for some additional veteran leadership and experience going into the playoffs.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
Hoags wrote:Since we had a debate on this some time ago:

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/hockey/moneyball-ization-of-hockey-pays-off-for-penguins/article10122427/

Penguins talk about "Moneyball" of hockey and use the James Neal trade as example.

Moneyball schmoneyball. Dallas f-ed that trade up something fierce, what a horrendous trade. Pittsburgh made out like friggin bandits, I actually feel badly for us in the East and Dallas for losing a tremendous winger. Neal is sick and the Pens were lucky Dallas was sleeping at the switch.

It wasn't great, but Goligoski is a good PMD.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

PJ Stock is setting new fashion trends lately:

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league - Page 50 TsaFmZo

Count Stockula

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

No.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 50 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 26 ... 49, 50, 51 ... 58 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum