GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

+15
SensHulk
Flo The Action
Oglethorpe
SeawaySensFan
Ev
rooneypoo
wprager
tim1_2
LeCaptain
dennycrane
PTFlea
spader
Hoags
shabbs
NEELY
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 51 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 35 of 67]

Hoags

All-Star
All-Star

Sergei Kostitsyn gives up a 2-1 SH break, gives up and heads to the bench and the Oilers score on it.

Funny to see Trotz and the coaches yelling at him to stay on.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

That can't got unpunished.

spader

All-Star
All-Star

Hoags wrote:

Sergei Kostitsyn gives up a 2-1 SH break, gives up and heads to the bench and the Oilers score on it.

Ha. Is he trying to manage his +/-? I think he's trying to impress wprager.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Not impressed. And quit with the silly jabs.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Best thing Montreal ever did was getting rid of those 2 goofs. Cancer.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Detroit is being mentioned as a possible landing spot for Perry. Unfortunately, they will have cap space, and would also fit Perry's desire to come east.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:Detroit is being mentioned as a possible landing spot for Perry. Unfortunately, they will have cap space, and would also fit Perry's desire to come east.

Detroit is always mentioned. They're an old, declining team and you need to wear body armour to get to the game safely. Doesn't seem a good fit.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

The Chicago and Vancouver AHL affiliates had a pretty great game-ending brawl yesterday:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/wild-brawl-ahl-rockford-chicago-fight-inside-benches-033302690--nhl.html

I can't watch the video here at work, but the penalty line from the brawl is terrific:

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league - Page 35 ROCOCKCKC

NEELY

Mod
Mod

tim1_2 wrote:Detroit is being mentioned as a possible landing spot for Perry. Unfortunately, they will have cap space, and would also fit Perry's desire to come east.

I would say Detroit is very much on the decline but you never know, that's a team that likes to throw boatloads of money at UFA's. Ottawa has to give him an offer he can't refuse because if it was strictly an on ice decision Ottawa would be at the top.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yeah...I keep wondering about what kind of money it will take to sign Perry. Obviously there will be a bidding war, though it may not involve a lot of teams. Will it be $8.5M x 7 yrs...or will we have to go $9M x 7 yrs? The price tag will be ridiculous regardless. To me, if we're prepared to offer, say, $8M per year, is it really worth it NOT to go to $9M if the situation requires it? A difference of $1M won't make much differency on a yearly basis to the team.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

tim1_2 wrote:Yeah...I keep wondering about what kind of money it will take to sign Perry. Obviously there will be a bidding war, though it may not involve a lot of teams. Will it be $8.5M x 7 yrs...or will we have to go $9M x 7 yrs? The price tag will be ridiculous regardless. To me, if we're prepared to offer, say, $8M per year, is it really worth it NOT to go to $9M if the situation requires it? A difference of $1M won't make much differency on a yearly basis to the team.

Pretty much what I think as well. Just give him what he wants... they were ok with giving Heatley 7.5 for 6 years when the cap was 39 mil and the revenues were no where near what they are now. .. why wouldn't you give a guy who is a lot better and plays with heart a little more.

I think both Murray and Melnyk have been waiting to spend their money wisely. Melnyk owes it to Murray and the fans right now for sticking through a time or transition and for doing things the right way. The next right thing to do it offer Perry the truckload of bills.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Hoags wrote:Sergei Kostitsyn gives up a 2-1 SH break, gives up and heads to the bench and the Oilers score on it.

Wow. Unbelievable.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:
Hoags wrote:Sergei Kostitsyn gives up a 2-1 SH break, gives up and heads to the bench and the Oilers score on it.

Wow. Unbelievable.

Nutty.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:

Wow. Unbelievable.
he's a Kostitsyn at heart. Laugh1

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:Yeah...I keep wondering about what kind of money it will take to sign Perry. Obviously there will be a bidding war, though it may not involve a lot of teams. Will it be $8.5M x 7 yrs...or will we have to go $9M x 7 yrs? The price tag will be ridiculous regardless. To me, if we're prepared to offer, say, $8M per year, is it really worth it NOT to go to $9M if the situation requires it? A difference of $1M won't make much differency on a yearly basis to the team.

Pretty much what I think as well. Just give him what he wants... they were ok with giving Heatley 7.5 for 6 years when the cap was 39 mil and the revenues were no where near what they are now. .. why wouldn't you give a guy who is a lot better and plays with heart a little more.

I think both Murray and Melnyk have been waiting to spend their money wisely. Melnyk owes it to Murray and the fans right now for sticking through a time or transition and for doing things the right way. The next right thing to do it offer Perry the truckload of bills.
exactly. you can even go 9.5 with that thinking. the cap will go up, we'll have room to resign our players by then and some will be replaced internally. If Perry doesn't land here I don't want it to be because of money, worst case scenario is he'd land within the conference. you almost have to pay so you don't end up playing against him.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Four teams below the Sens playing each other tonight...

Hurricanes/Rangers
Flyers/Lightning

Too bad they all can't lose in regulation.

Wink

I guess Rangers and TBay in regulation would be better since they have the least points. No 3-point games please.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Yup, I think everyone can deal with Perry not choosing Ottawa because he just doesn't want to be here... him not choosing Ottawa because the Sens couldn't match the amount of money thrown at him, unacceptable to most.

Getting Perry would increase the Sens season ticket sales as well as the walk up crowd. If the Sens become a 1st place team again, which they would with Perry, then Melnyk will make that money back 10 fold along with a better schedule and savings in travel.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:Yup, I think everyone can deal with Perry not choosing Ottawa because he just doesn't want to be here... him not choosing Ottawa because the Sens couldn't match the amount of money thrown at him, unacceptable to most.

Getting Perry would increase the Sens season ticket sales as well as the walk up crowd. If the Sens become a 1st place team again, which they would with Perry, then Melnyk will make that money back 10 fold along with a better schedule and savings in travel.

There is really no excuse on our part and from what you said earlier there is no indication he wouldn't want to be here, unless he still has some axe to grind with the Sens from that SCF.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 35 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 51 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum