GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

+15
SensHulk
Flo The Action
Oglethorpe
SeawaySensFan
Ev
rooneypoo
wprager
tim1_2
LeCaptain
dennycrane
PTFlea
spader
Hoags
shabbs
NEELY
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 42 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 18 of 67]

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Torts went off last night... insulting the Sabres and Rangers at the same time... his shtick must be starting to wear thin in NY. Wonder if he'll make it to the end of the season?

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Per Dreger:
---
The #FreeJakeGardiner tweet from @benhankinson will earn reax from Leafs brass, however, Gardiner's time in AHL is determined by Carlyle.
---

So I guess the coach doesn't like him. He DOES have 30 pts in 40 games with the Marlies, and is 22 yrs old. Probably should be up with the big club.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

tim1_2 wrote:Per Dreger:
---
The #FreeJakeGardiner tweet from @benhankinson will earn reax from Leafs brass, however, Gardiner's time in AHL is determined by Carlyle.
---

So I guess the coach doesn't like him. He DOES have 30 pts in 40 games with the Marlies, and is 22 yrs old. Probably should be up with the big club.

There is a reason the Ducks traded him for Beauchimen.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Yeah, word is Carlyle is not a fan of Gardiner at all. No idea why. Will be interesting to see what he does with the D next game.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

shabbs wrote:Torts went off last night... insulting the Sabres and Rangers at the same time... his shtick must be starting to wear thin in NY. Wonder if he'll make it to the end of the season?

His time is almost up there. Can't keep asking guys to block shots night after night and them not wear down. "Everyone blocks shots on this team"... don't think he realizes how much it hurts. He's a coach that has a shelf life of 3 years and it's over.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:
LeKing wrote:https://twitter.com/benhankinson/status/311682023066578946

And that's his agent...
Hilarious! Leafs have lost three in a row... 18-wheeler going right off a cliff time? Let's hope so...

Sarcasm

That sounds absolutely delicious.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hoags wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:I bet.

Apparently having 3/6 AHL defencemen is why they lost.

Funny that doesn't stop us.

I hate that, it makes them look so sad. Look no further than us for why excuses like that are horsedung.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
Hoags wrote:

I hate that, it makes them look so sad. Look no further than us for why excuses like that are horsedung.

Nah, it's a legitimate excuse. It's the reason we're not #1 in the East. And when you don't have the depth that Ottawa does (and hardly any teams do), it is very much a good reason for sucking.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Perry has a phone date with Sheriff Shanny this morning for his late hit on Jason Zucker last night.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

tim1_2 wrote:Perry has a phone date with Sheriff Shanny this morning for his late hit on Jason Zucker last night.
SHANABAN!!!!!

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
Hoags wrote:

Nah, it's a legitimate excuse. It's the reason we're not #1 in the East. And when you don't have the depth that Ottawa does (and hardly any teams do), it is very much a good reason for sucking.
Laugh1 you sound like a leaf fan there

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:

It is a legitimate excuse except we are finding ways to win even with 3 AHL blueliners, they don't.

Then again we really do not have much of a choice who we play on defense, Carlyle's bizarre fascination with Kostka and Holzer are odd while keeping Gardiner, Liles and Komisarek out despite repeated mistakes by them is odd to say the least.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Hoags wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

It is a legitimate excuse except we are finding ways to win even with 3 AHL blueliners, they don't.

Then again we really do not have much of a choice who we play on defense, Carlyle's bizarre fascination with Kostka and Holzer are odd while keeping Gardiner, Liles and Komisarek out despite repeated mistakes by them is odd to say the least.

He wants guys that fall in line with the team concept right now. Carlyle is a task master and it's no wonder Anaheim is doing what they are right now with a coach that lets them play a little.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:
He wants guys that fall in line with the team concept right now. Carlyle is a task master and it's no wonder Anaheim is doing what they are right now with a coach that lets them play a little.

Well he beat us to win the Cup (having 2 HoF D-men helps).

I guess the odds are pretty good that Perry doesn't want to play in such an environment any more than he already has.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Let's face it, if we end up missing the playoffs, we know exactly what our excuse is.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:Let's face it, if we end up missing the playoffs, we know exactly what our excuse is.

Cheapskate Melnyk's thrifty ways?

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Hoags wrote:
NEELY wrote:

Well he beat us to win the Cup (having 2 HoF D-men helps).

I guess the odds are pretty good that Perry doesn't want to play in such an environment any more than he already has.

Carlyle being in Toronto basically guarantees they don't sign Perry. It's between Ottawa and Montreal, both teams on the rise.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:Let's face it, if we end up missing the playoffs, we know exactly what our excuse is.

Cheapskate Melnyk's thrifty ways?

The Euge does not find you funny.

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league - Page 18 Melnyk

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 18 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 42 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum