GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Buffalo Sabres @ Ottawa Senators - 7:30pm ET - Tue. Feb. 12th, 2013

+10
Ev
spader
SeawaySensFan
wprager
LeCaptain
PTFlea
NEELY
Hobiesens
Flo The Action
shabbs
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 10]

NEELY

Mod
Mod

From Michalek? He always gets there or around that mark. Took 2 years for him to really find his groove with Spezza so I don't think they throw that out the window.

Get ROR in Ottawa and then you have all the reason in the world to sign Perry as well. Pretty easy sell if you can pitch a contender for years to come. Ottawa would be absolutely stacked.

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:From Michalek? He always gets there or around that mark. Took 2 years for him to really find his groove with Spezza so I don't think they throw that out the window.

Get ROR in Ottawa and then you have all the reason in the world to sign Perry as well. Pretty easy sell if you can pitch a contender for years to come. Ottawa would be absolutely stacked.

Thought you meant from ROR.

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

spader wrote:I swear Potvin just said that scoring goals can have an effect on the outcome of the game. Facepalm
Absolute brilliance. Someone should engrave that on something.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Ev wrote:
NEELY wrote:From Michalek? He always gets there or around that mark. Took 2 years for him to really find his groove with Spezza so I don't think they throw that out the window.

Nono, but ROR is a guy that you know is going to be a playoff warrior and will get you 15-20 goals every year. The time might be now to go out and make that major move. Imagine in 2 years a 3rd line of Stone/ROR/Neil

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Well with ROR you're gonna pay him to be a second line centre. That's why he's holding out right now.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:
Ev wrote:

Nono, but ROR is a guy that you know is going to be a playoff warrior and will get you 15-20 goals every year. The time might be now to go out and make that major move. Imagine in 2 years a 3rd line of Stone/ROR/Neil
that is pretty sexy. but so could zib...

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Ev wrote:Well with ROR you're gonna pay him to be a second line centre. That's why he's holding out right now.

Turris is signed to 3rd line money, ROR will prob be about 3.5 as well for 5 years. That's just fine IMO.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Flo The Action wrote:
NEELY wrote:
Ev wrote:

that is pretty sexy. but so could zib...

Anyone who says they would rather have Zibanejad over ROR is kidding themselves.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:
Ev wrote:Well with ROR you're gonna pay him to be a second line centre. That's why he's holding out right now.

Turris is signed to 3rd line money, ROR will prob be about 3.5 as well for 5 years. That's just fine IMO.
yes but does ROR sees himself as a 2nd line center or will he be content to play the 3rd line? that could be an issue if it's not where he sees himself.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Who cares? 2nd/3rd line, it's all the same when you roll 3 lines consistently and you get PP and PK time. Spezza is #1 and Turris and ROR would be 2/3, simple as that. They would both be signed for years so what does it matter where they slot it? They both got their pay days.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Also, I would take Da Costa over Zibanejad as well so that might be the wild card in moving a center. Remember, they drafted him before they got Turris.

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

spader wrote:I swear Potvin just said that scoring goals can have an effect on the outcome of the game. Facepalm

He actually said that? How stupid...

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:Who cares? 2nd/3rd line, it's all the same when you roll 3 lines consistently and you get PP and PK time. Spezza is #1 and Turris and ROR would be 2/3, simple as that. They would both be signed for years so what does it matter where they slot it? They both got their pay days.

Because that wouldn't work? Somebody's gonna be complaining about ice time. Also, Ryan O'Reilly is probably better than Turris anyway.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:Also, I would take Da Costa over Zibanejad as well so that might be the wild card in moving a center. Remember, they drafted him before they got Turris.

If you traded for O'Reilly, it's irrelevant if Da Costa is here or not. He'd have nowhere to play.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Ev wrote:
NEELY wrote:Who cares? 2nd/3rd line, it's all the same when you roll 3 lines consistently and you get PP and PK time. Spezza is #1 and Turris and ROR would be 2/3, simple as that. They would both be signed for years so what does it matter where they slot it? They both got their pay days.

Because that wouldn't work? Somebody's gonna be complaining about ice time. Also, Ryan O'Reilly is probably better than Turris anyway.

At even strength the 2nd and 3rd lines play the same amount for the most part. The extra ice time comes on special teams which O'Reily would be part of in spades.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Ev wrote:
NEELY wrote:Also, I would take Da Costa over Zibanejad as well so that might be the wild card in moving a center. Remember, they drafted him before they got Turris.

If you traded for O'Reilly, it's irrelevant if Da Costa is here or not. He'd have nowhere to play.

The wing where he should be and eventually will be.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

JOB taking the defensive zone faceoffs with the top line.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

You guys are crazy. If ROR wanted 3.5 for 5 years he would have been signed last season. He is asking 5 Million I am pretty sure.
I still take Zibanejad over him right now, because at his age, ROR's upside was considered a career 3rd liner.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum