GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Buffalo Sabres - 7:00pm - Fri. Oct. 4th, 2013

+10
SeawaySensFan
The Silfer Server
LeCaptain
Hoags
spader
Cap'n Clutch
PTFlea
NEELY
tim1_2
wprager
14 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Predict the result

GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Buffalo Sabres - 7:00pm - Fri. Oct. 4th, 2013 Vote_lcap220%GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Buffalo Sabres - 7:00pm - Fri. Oct. 4th, 2013 Vote_rcap2 20% [ 5 ]
GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Buffalo Sabres - 7:00pm - Fri. Oct. 4th, 2013 Vote_lcap236%GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Buffalo Sabres - 7:00pm - Fri. Oct. 4th, 2013 Vote_rcap2 36% [ 9 ]
GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Buffalo Sabres - 7:00pm - Fri. Oct. 4th, 2013 Vote_lcap220%GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Buffalo Sabres - 7:00pm - Fri. Oct. 4th, 2013 Vote_rcap2 20% [ 5 ]
GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Buffalo Sabres - 7:00pm - Fri. Oct. 4th, 2013 Vote_lcap224%GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Buffalo Sabres - 7:00pm - Fri. Oct. 4th, 2013 Vote_rcap2 24% [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 25

Poll closed

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 8]

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Buffalo Sabres - 7:00pm - Fri. Oct. 4th, 2013.

GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Buffalo Sabres - 7:00pm - Fri. Oct. 4th, 2013 Large GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Buffalo Sabres - 7:00pm - Fri. Oct. 4th, 2013 AtGAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Buffalo Sabres - 7:00pm - Fri. Oct. 4th, 2013 Large

GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Buffalo Sabres - 7:00pm - Fri. Oct. 4th, 2013 Spezza-era

• TV Coverage: SNET-E, TVA, MSG-B
  • TSN Ice Chips: http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/icechips/
  • TSN Preview: to be added
  • ESPN Preview: http://scores.espn.go.com/nhl/preview?gameId=400484258
  • NHL Game Preview: http://www.nhl.com/gamecenter/en/preview?id=2013020015
  • NHL Gamecenter Live link: http://www.nhl.com/ice/gamecenterlive.htm?id=2013020015

First GDT of 2013-14... let's DO THIS!

Inside the Senate
Greening after two days of practice
Kassian and Neil on fighting
Coach MacLean after Wednesday practice
Conacher on breaking camp
Da Costa on making the team
Paul MacLean after Tuesday practice

(win one for Zibby)

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.senatorsextra.com/main/mendes-10-burning-questions-for-the-senators-this-season

1. Which Erik Karlsson will we see?

While Karlsson returned in time for the playoffs last spring, it was clear that he was merely a shadow of his former self. Prior to suffering his Achilles tendon injury, his name was included in debates about who the best player was in the league. If the 23-year-old gets back into the Norris Trophy discussion this season, the Senators will be one of the most entertaining teams to watch on a nightly basis.

2. Can Craig Anderson stay healthy?

In each of his first two full seasons with the Senators, Craig Anderson suffered a freak injury that sidelined him for extended period of time. In 2011-12, he accidentally severed a tendon in his finger while cutting frozen chicken at home. And in the lockout-shortened campaign, Anderson missed 18 games with a high-ankle sprain after he was bowled over in his crease. Anderson suited up in 71 games for the Avalanche in 2009-10 and the Senators would benefit greatly from that type of durability this season.

3. Will Spezza and Ryan find chemistry?

Ever since Dany Heatley demanded a trade in the summer of 2009, the Senators have been on a fruitless search to find Jason Spezza a sniping winger. With all due respect to the likes of Bobby Butler and Nikita Filatov, the talent level just has not been there for Spezza over the past few seasons. Could Bobby Ryan, added via trade this summer, be a 40-goal man playing with Spezza?

4. How will re-alignment affect the Senators?

The Senators are now in the rejigged Atlantic Division, which includes five clubs that qualified for the playoffs last season. Since only the top three teams are guaranteed a spot in the post-season this year, with two more wild cards to be shared with the Metropolitan Division, Ottawa will be in tight race to make the playoffs again. The Senators could be pushing for one of those wild card spots, and a plausible scenario sees them battling down to the wire with archrivals Toronto and Montreal.

5. Can Wiercioch and Cowen handle a top four minutes?

The organization opened up its wallet to two young defencemen this summer, signing Jared Cowen to a four-year, $12.4 million contract and Patrick Wiercioch to a three-year, $6 million deal. The young duo only has a combined 139 games of NHL experience, but it looks like they will start the season as Ottawa’s second defence pairing. Ottawa needs them to adapt quickly.

6. What can Paul MacLean do for an encore?

In each of his first two seasons with the Senators, Paul MacLean has been a Jack Adams award nominee — and he walked away with the trophy last season. The head coach has taken the word “rebuild” out of the Senators’ vocabulary and transformed them into a team with playoff expectations. The pressure will be on to avoid a letdown after a surprisingly successful season.

7. Is Jean-Gabriel Pageau a full-time NHLer?

Jean-Gabriel Pageau became an instant fan favourite in Ottawa after he scored a hat trick against the Canadiens in the playoffs. The 20-year-old has only nine games of regular season experience in the NHL, however. He’ll start the season centring a line with Colin Greening and Erik Condra.

8. Can the second line produce offence?

The club believes Kyle Turris can put up enough points to help ease the pressure off the top line. Turris will have two new wingers to start the season in Clarke MacArthur and Cory Conacher. Both have the potential to be 20-goal scorers, but they need to show they can deliver.

9. Could this be the final season in Ottawa for Chris Phillips?

Ottawa fans have spent the past few years wondering if they would be seeing a farewell season from Daniel Alfredsson. Now, that question shifts over to Chris Phillips, who is entering the final year of his contract with the club. The 35-year-old has been a fixture on the roster for 16 years, but with the club going younger on the blueline, it could be the final season for the dependable Phillips here.

10. Can the Senators add any pieces at the deadline?

There are some pundits who believe the Senators could challenge for the division title and become a legitimate contender this season, but the club is at the bottom five of payroll spenders. That usually doesn’t bode well for teams with Stanley Cup aspirations. Will Eugene Melnyk open his wallet at the trade deadline if Bryan Murray wants to add a key piece or two? Based on the owner’s recent comments, the answer appears to be “probably not.”
- See more at: http://www.senatorsextra.com/main/mendes-10-burning-questions-for-the-senators-this-season#sthash.6OjPpuma.EA8ak4DT.dpuf

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Oh, Matt:

Matt Kassian ‏@kassassination

Nothing wrong with a little buffalo chicken wrap and a caesar salad to start off the first road trip of the year...

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I VOTED FOR EVERYTHING BECAUSE I COULD!

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Nothing to analyze at this point other than Buffalo looked surprising vs Detroit and Miller looked solid. Won't be an easy win.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Watch out here. Gonna need a focused, good effort. Buffalo has absolutely nothing to lose this season - and particularly this game. The good news is that it's their home opener, which is usually a bit of an emotional letdown. Sens have to go hard and put the puck in early and often.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

They have nothing to lose? It's game two. What the?

NEELY

Mod
Mod

No expectations, I kind of get what he is saying. Kind of reminds you of the Sens team from a few years back. New coach, decent goaltender, some talent up front, D is questionable, no pressure. They might surprise a few people and if teams take them lightly they will lose.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Exactly that. Nothing to lose, no expectations. If they lose, no one cares, if they win, that's great. They'll be playing loose.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:I VOTED FOR EVERYTHING BECAUSE I COULD!
Me too but I didn't yell about it Smile 

- Unknown Author

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:I VOTED FOR EVERYTHING BECAUSE I COULD!
Me too but I didn't yell about it Smile 
He's just excited. Like a kid in a polling store.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Ahhhhh! Ahhhhh! 

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Just one more sleep.

Thomas seems to be back up to his old tricks. Stops 25 of 27 (.926) as the Cats down the Stars 4-2.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Going to be tough to get through the day today but it's finally here!!!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 8]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum