GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

POLL: When will the NHL lockout end?

+8
Cap'n Clutch
shabbs
spader
sandysensfan
SeawaySensFan
NEELY
Hoags
PTFlea
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

POLL: When will the NHL lockout end?

POLL: When will the NHL lockout end? - Page 3 Vote_lcap20%POLL: When will the NHL lockout end? - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
POLL: When will the NHL lockout end? - Page 3 Vote_lcap27%POLL: When will the NHL lockout end? - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 7% [ 1 ]
POLL: When will the NHL lockout end? - Page 3 Vote_lcap221%POLL: When will the NHL lockout end? - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 21% [ 3 ]
POLL: When will the NHL lockout end? - Page 3 Vote_lcap236%POLL: When will the NHL lockout end? - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 36% [ 5 ]
POLL: When will the NHL lockout end? - Page 3 Vote_lcap27%POLL: When will the NHL lockout end? - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 7% [ 1 ]
POLL: When will the NHL lockout end? - Page 3 Vote_lcap229%POLL: When will the NHL lockout end? - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 29% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 14

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 5]

31POLL: When will the NHL lockout end? - Page 3 Empty Re: POLL: When will the NHL lockout end? Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:41 pm

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Agreed. Just play.

1 game season.

All or nothing.

32POLL: When will the NHL lockout end? - Page 3 Empty Re: POLL: When will the NHL lockout end? Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:02 pm

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Just go with a 30 team tournament, single-elimination style. Random draw to pick the opening round matchups. Pack this into a two week period. I'm sold.

33POLL: When will the NHL lockout end? - Page 3 Empty Re: POLL: When will the NHL lockout end? Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:17 pm

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

tim1_2 wrote:Just go with a 30 team tournament, single-elimination style. Random draw to pick the opening round matchups. Pack this into a two week period. I'm sold.
Man that would be awesome.

Hell, even if they lose the entire season, the NHLPA should organize a "Stanley Cup Champion Tournament" and use anyone that is left that is available. Heh heh. That would be hilarious.

34POLL: When will the NHL lockout end? - Page 3 Empty Re: POLL: When will the NHL lockout end? Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:28 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:Just go with a 30 team tournament, single-elimination style. Random draw to pick the opening round matchups. Pack this into a two week period. I'm sold.

It will be 29 teams, Leafs will find some way to miss it.

35POLL: When will the NHL lockout end? - Page 3 Empty Re: POLL: When will the NHL lockout end? Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:01 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:
Man that would be awesome.

Hell, even if they lose the entire season, the NHLPA should organize a "Stanley Cup Champion Tournament" and use anyone that is left that is available. Heh heh. That would be hilarious.

There was a group last lockout that won a court order to be able to play for the Cup. The NHL does not own it and has no claims on it. The decision took too long last year for the group to take advantage of it, but the KHL would not be hindered this time around. I could easily see the two KHL and SEL teams playing for the Stanley Cup. Heck, they should take the Calder Cup winner and have a tournament of 3 top teams.

36POLL: When will the NHL lockout end? - Page 3 Empty Re: POLL: When will the NHL lockout end? Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:56 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

The NHL has been the "owner" of the Cup since 1947, so no one else can play for it. Would be nice though.

EDIT: I stand corrected, there was an amendment in 2006 that allowed the Cup to be awarded to another team if it was not used by the NHL.

Interesting.

37POLL: When will the NHL lockout end? - Page 3 Empty Re: POLL: When will the NHL lockout end? Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:09 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:The NHL has been the "owner" of the Cup since 1947, so no one else can play for it. Would be nice though.

EDIT: I stand corrected, there was an amendment in 2006 that allowed the Cup to be awarded to another team if it was not used by the NHL.

Interesting.

That was the group that sued for the right to play for it during the last lockout. The courts took a bit of time to get around to it, so by 2006 NHL was back on. But this time it could most definitely happen.

38POLL: When will the NHL lockout end? - Page 3 Empty Re: POLL: When will the NHL lockout end? Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:36 am

ddt

ddt
Rookie
Rookie

wprager wrote:
shabbs wrote:The NHL has been the "owner" of the Cup since 1947, so no one else can play for it. Would be nice though.

Interesting.

That was the group that sued for the right to play for it during the last lockout. The courts took a bit of time to get around to it, so by 2006 NHL was back on. But this time it could most definitely happen.

This article should clarify things. The NHL does not own the Cup, but it looks like they do own the two guys responsible for managing it.

39POLL: When will the NHL lockout end? - Page 3 Empty Re: POLL: When will the NHL lockout end? Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:39 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

They have been the keepers of the Cup. Remember LotR? Denethor was the Steward of the King, which means he was just keeping the throne warm until the king returned. The NHL is very much like Denethor -- they are keeping the Cup warm. Now, if Bettman could set himself on fire and run off a cliff the analogy would be compete.

40POLL: When will the NHL lockout end? - Page 3 Empty Re: POLL: When will the NHL lockout end? Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:21 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

shabbs wrote:I predict an agreement will be reached sometime in November, making for a re-start in December with a shortened season.
If things go well this week, will my prediction come true?

Ahhhhh!

41POLL: When will the NHL lockout end? - Page 3 Empty Re: POLL: When will the NHL lockout end? Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:31 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:
shabbs wrote:I predict an agreement will be reached sometime in November, making for a re-start in December with a shortened season.

Ahhhhh!

Not if Buzz Hargrove has anything to do with it.

42POLL: When will the NHL lockout end? - Page 3 Empty Re: POLL: When will the NHL lockout end? Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:07 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:

Ahhhhh!

I actually think they could push this through to start last week in November. There is probably a 43/57 chance of that happening.

43POLL: When will the NHL lockout end? - Page 3 Empty Re: POLL: When will the NHL lockout end? Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:29 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Sounds like Dec. 1st is surfacing as the "true" deadline... to get a reasonable season in. So, a deal mid-Nov. makes sense... time to ramp up, pre-season with puck drop Dec. 1st.

Make it so.

44POLL: When will the NHL lockout end? - Page 3 Empty Re: POLL: When will the NHL lockout end? Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:25 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
shabbs wrote:

Ahhhhh!

Not if Buzz Hargrove has anything to do with it.

Doesn't he do the Buzz on junior hockey? GolfingBanana

- Unknown Author

45POLL: When will the NHL lockout end? - Page 3 Empty Re: POLL: When will the NHL lockout end? Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:56 pm

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

shabbs wrote:Sounds like Dec. 1st is surfacing as the "true" deadline... to get a reasonable season in. So, a deal mid-Nov. makes sense... time to ramp up, pre-season with puck drop Dec. 1st.

Make it so.

I'm in the corner that there will be no season. It appear the players want everything their way.. and don't appear to want to do to much giving this time.

I support that they want to keep their entire salaries.. and they should. The NHL has to do that.. Given that 500 or so contracts expire the next 2 yrs.. a lot of them will be out of the way. BUT the ones left are the big ones. And the teams that did up those stupid contracts should be the ones left to 'make them whole'.

46POLL: When will the NHL lockout end? - Page 3 Empty Re: POLL: When will the NHL lockout end? Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:55 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

I think it's starting to look like the earliest we'll see hockey is in the new year if at all. The Dec. 15th date has been tossed around but unless they get a deal done this week, which I don't see happening, I doubt they get anything going this year.

47POLL: When will the NHL lockout end? - Page 3 Empty Re: POLL: When will the NHL lockout end? Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:04 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:I think it's starting to look like the earliest we'll see hockey is in the new year if at all. The Dec. 15th date has been tossed around but unless they get a deal done this week, which I don't see happening, I doubt they get anything going this year.

Boxing Day.

48POLL: When will the NHL lockout end? - Page 3 Empty Re: POLL: When will the NHL lockout end? Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:14 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
shabbs wrote:I think it's starting to look like the earliest we'll see hockey is in the new year if at all. The Dec. 15th date has been tossed around but unless they get a deal done this week, which I don't see happening, I doubt they get anything going this year.

Boxing Day.

I'll pick us up some tickets and we can go together. Cheers

- Unknown Author

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum