GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

POLL: When will the NHL lockout end?

+8
Cap'n Clutch
shabbs
spader
sandysensfan
SeawaySensFan
NEELY
Hoags
PTFlea
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

POLL: When will the NHL lockout end?

POLL: When will the NHL lockout end? - Page 2 Vote_lcap20%POLL: When will the NHL lockout end? - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
POLL: When will the NHL lockout end? - Page 2 Vote_lcap27%POLL: When will the NHL lockout end? - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 7% [ 1 ]
POLL: When will the NHL lockout end? - Page 2 Vote_lcap221%POLL: When will the NHL lockout end? - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 21% [ 3 ]
POLL: When will the NHL lockout end? - Page 2 Vote_lcap236%POLL: When will the NHL lockout end? - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 36% [ 5 ]
POLL: When will the NHL lockout end? - Page 2 Vote_lcap27%POLL: When will the NHL lockout end? - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 7% [ 1 ]
POLL: When will the NHL lockout end? - Page 2 Vote_lcap229%POLL: When will the NHL lockout end? - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 29% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 14

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 5]

16POLL: When will the NHL lockout end? - Page 2 Empty Re: POLL: When will the NHL lockout end? Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:04 am

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

How can they occupy when the doors are closed? And have you stood outside the Bank on a blustery late fall/early winter day? Not exactly the same as occupying a park.

17POLL: When will the NHL lockout end? - Page 2 Empty Re: POLL: When will the NHL lockout end? Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:10 am

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:How can they occupy when the doors are closed? And have you stood outside the Bank on a blustery late fall/early winter day? Not exactly the same as occupying a park.

I happen to think it's a swell idea. A little surprised that the NHLFA didn't suggest this. Kudos to Clutch!

18POLL: When will the NHL lockout end? - Page 2 Empty Re: POLL: When will the NHL lockout end? Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:59 am

ddt

Rookie
Rookie

Hoags wrote:
NEELY wrote:
Relax. I don't even think they will miss a game.

I don't know I'm slowly growing more pessimistic every week. You don't hire a Dung disturber like Fehr if you want a quick resolution. He's the Buzz Hargrove of sports labor.

This will go right to the wire. I'm hoping common sense prevails on both sides but Fehr hasn't changed his offer at all so far. If he keeps this up, we're losing a season.

Actually, I think Buzz Hargrove is the Buzz Hargrove of sports labor. He's been behind this clusterdiddle for a while now...

19POLL: When will the NHL lockout end? - Page 2 Empty Re: POLL: When will the NHL lockout end? Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:03 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

ddt wrote:
Hoags wrote:
NEELY wrote:

I don't know I'm slowly growing more pessimistic every week. You don't hire a Dung disturber like Fehr if you want a quick resolution. He's the Buzz Hargrove of sports labor.

This will go right to the wire. I'm hoping common sense prevails on both sides but Fehr hasn't changed his offer at all so far. If he keeps this up, we're losing a season.

Actually, I think Buzz Hargrove is the Buzz Hargrove of sports labor. He's been behind this clusterdiddle for a while now...

I had no idea The Buzzer was involved. Interesting.

20POLL: When will the NHL lockout end? - Page 2 Empty Re: POLL: When will the NHL lockout end? Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:07 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
wprager wrote:How can they occupy when the doors are closed? And have you stood outside the Bank on a blustery late fall/early winter day? Not exactly the same as occupying a park.

I happen to think it's a swell idea. A little surprised that the NHLFA didn't suggest this. Kudos to Clutch!

Not my idea. Just reporting the "facts". There's more going on than meets the eye. It seems that only SSF and I are privy to the real story. Ahhhhh!

- Unknown Author

21POLL: When will the NHL lockout end? - Page 2 Empty Re: POLL: When will the NHL lockout end? Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:42 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SeawaySensFan wrote:I happen to think it's a swell idea. A little surprised that the NHLFA didn't suggest this. Kudos to Clutch!
Cuz the NHLPA beat 'em to it...

22POLL: When will the NHL lockout end? - Page 2 Empty Re: POLL: When will the NHL lockout end? Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:12 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Not my idea. Just reporting the "facts". There's more going on than meets the eye. It seems that only SSF and I are privy to the real story. Ahhhhh!

You, sir, are too modest.

23POLL: When will the NHL lockout end? - Page 2 Empty Re: POLL: When will the NHL lockout end? Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:21 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Meh.

24POLL: When will the NHL lockout end? - Page 2 Empty Re: POLL: When will the NHL lockout end? Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:06 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

So, last possible day of the World Series is Nov. 1st.

Dare we say a deal is made shortly after that?

25POLL: When will the NHL lockout end? - Page 2 Empty Re: POLL: When will the NHL lockout end? Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:09 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

NEELY wrote:
sandysensfan wrote:It's all about greed. The players won't budge off the 57%. They just run to Europe. They are in no hurry to get it done.

Season is lost.

Idiot.

26POLL: When will the NHL lockout end? - Page 2 Empty Re: POLL: When will the NHL lockout end? Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:16 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

NEELY wrote:
NEELY wrote:
sandysensfan wrote:It's all about greed. The players won't budge off the 57%. They just run to Europe. They are in no hurry to get it done.

Season is lost.

Idiot.
HA! There's still time for an 82-game season I think if they can get a deal done by mid-Nov. It will be compressed... but it can be done.

27POLL: When will the NHL lockout end? - Page 2 Empty Re: POLL: When will the NHL lockout end? Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:19 am

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:
HA! There's still time for an 82-game season I think if they can get a deal done by mid-Nov. It will be compressed... but it can be done.

Gonna be a lot if injuries and games with dead tired teams just mailing it in if they compress it even more.

28POLL: When will the NHL lockout end? - Page 2 Empty Re: POLL: When will the NHL lockout end? Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:26 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hoags wrote:
shabbs wrote:

Gonna be a lot if injuries and games with dead tired teams just mailing it in if they compress it even more.

Oh man... Laugh1

Imagine how many serious injuries there'll be if they do that.

29POLL: When will the NHL lockout end? - Page 2 Empty Re: POLL: When will the NHL lockout end? Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:27 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Hoags wrote:
shabbs wrote:

Yeah. They dont' want to compress it too much.

NHL said a Nov. 2 start would result in 1 extra game every 5 weeks for teams. Which is not that bad.

If they slip to mid-Nov, two weeks later... it can't be that much more of a compression from the Nov. 2 start will it? After that though, we're looking at a shortened season for sure then.

30POLL: When will the NHL lockout end? - Page 2 Empty Re: POLL: When will the NHL lockout end? Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:59 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

No one really cares if the season is 82 games. I'd be fine with a 60 game season or even a 48 game season if it comes to that.

31POLL: When will the NHL lockout end? - Page 2 Empty Re: POLL: When will the NHL lockout end? Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:41 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Agreed. Just play.

1 game season.

All or nothing.

32POLL: When will the NHL lockout end? - Page 2 Empty Re: POLL: When will the NHL lockout end? Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:02 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Just go with a 30 team tournament, single-elimination style. Random draw to pick the opening round matchups. Pack this into a two week period. I'm sold.

33POLL: When will the NHL lockout end? - Page 2 Empty Re: POLL: When will the NHL lockout end? Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:17 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

tim1_2 wrote:Just go with a 30 team tournament, single-elimination style. Random draw to pick the opening round matchups. Pack this into a two week period. I'm sold.
Man that would be awesome.

Hell, even if they lose the entire season, the NHLPA should organize a "Stanley Cup Champion Tournament" and use anyone that is left that is available. Heh heh. That would be hilarious.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum