GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Free Agency - Where Do They Go?

+8
strachattack
Hoags
Riprock
spader
PTFlea
SeawaySensFan
wprager
dennycrane
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 7]

61Free Agency - Where Do They Go? - Page 5 Empty Re: Free Agency - Where Do They Go? Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:12 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

rooneypoo wrote:
NEELY wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:
NEELY wrote:PAP will land in Ottawa today. I can;t get out of bed I am so hung over

LOL. Laugh1

If you drove by Lynx Stadium yesterday at any point... thats why I am hung over. That might be the best party Ottawa has ever thrown.

?

What, did you take in a Fat Cats game, and get loaded there?

Smile

Nothing fat about anything at that place yesterday lol... unreal how good that party was. Avicci is just stupid good.

62Free Agency - Where Do They Go? - Page 5 Empty Re: Free Agency - Where Do They Go? Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:13 am

rooneypoo

All-Star
All-Star

Some interesting Twitter tidbits on the Sens, from Buffet:

Bruce Garrioch ‏@SunGarrioch

Jesse Winchester has passed his baseline test. It would appear he's going to go to free agency. NYR and COL will be interested. #Sens

The Senators and Leafs are among several teams that have contacted the SJS about D Doug Murray. Burke made an offer for Murray at the draft.

63Free Agency - Where Do They Go? - Page 5 Empty Re: Free Agency - Where Do They Go? Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:14 am

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

rooneypoo wrote:Lots of Twitter talk that the first two years of Parise's deal will be in the neighbourhood of $24 mil.

Also on Parise: apparently, he will let NJ know at 10am-ish if he's heading to UFA. And, there's suddenly talk of OTT being a bidder on Parise, although the front end of his supposed desired deal is going to frighten away more than a few GMs.

I hate to say it, but there are rumours of an 8 year deal with Pittsburgh where he gets a cap hit of 7.

But if GMs are scared off by the first two years of his contract, I hope to Dung we're in on this. Not that he'd sign here anyway I don't think.

64Free Agency - Where Do They Go? - Page 5 Empty Re: Free Agency - Where Do They Go? Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:17 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:Lots of Twitter talk that the first two years of Parise's deal will be in the neighbourhood of $24 mil.

Also on Parise: apparently, he will let NJ know at 10am-ish if he's heading to UFA. And, there's suddenly talk of OTT being a bidder on Parise, although the front end of his supposed desired deal is going to frighten away more than a few GMs.

I hate to say it, but there are rumours of an 8 year deal with Pittsburgh where he gets a cap hit of 7.

But if GMs are scared off by the first two years of his contract, I hope to Dung we're in on this. Not that he'd sign here anyway I don't think.

So hard to know what he's looking for. Money, term, good chance of winning -- those are obviously all important. But I have to think that being able to come in and "be the man" for the team, to take on a leadership role immediately, may well be important to him as well. That's one thing we can offer him that, say, PIT can't.

65Free Agency - Where Do They Go? - Page 5 Empty Re: Free Agency - Where Do They Go? Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:20 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:
NEELY wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:
NEELY wrote:PAP will land in Ottawa today. I can;t get out of bed I am so hung over

LOL. Laugh1

If you drove by Lynx Stadium yesterday at any point... thats why I am hung over. That might be the best party Ottawa has ever thrown.

?

Smile

Nothing fat about anything at that place yesterday lol... unreal how good that party was. Avicci is just stupid good.

Ooo, not my kind of music, but fair enough.

On an unrelated matter: Bluesfest starts next week!

66Free Agency - Where Do They Go? - Page 5 Empty Re: Free Agency - Where Do They Go? Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:29 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Pauk Oakenfold is at bluefest!!!

67Free Agency - Where Do They Go? - Page 5 Empty Re: Free Agency - Where Do They Go? Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:32 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:Pauk Oakenfold is at bluefest!!!

So is a little country band you may have heard of -- Iron Maiden. Smile

68Free Agency - Where Do They Go? - Page 5 Empty Re: Free Agency - Where Do They Go? Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:41 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispenser wrote:

I thought $25M in the first two years was just what the Sens were offering, not what Parise is seeking. If Ottawa is the only ones to offer something like that it definitely puts us on the map. Center of the map, actually.

I just don't get it, after the Heatley $4M "bonus" that Melnyk would be happy with front-end loading. Look at Karlsson's contract -- it's quite reasonable starting with $5.5 and going to $7.5 at the end. Although there is a $1M signing bonus in the first year, it's still a far cry from the $4M payout that Heatley got.

69Free Agency - Where Do They Go? - Page 5 Empty Re: Free Agency - Where Do They Go? Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:42 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Getting excited. A lot of solid talent out there, $$ at our disposal. We definitely cleaned out some extra players too like Konopka, Carkner, Winchester, Auld, Gilroy etc. Not that I agree with letting them all go, but it's an exciting time to have $$ and a good GM. Let's do it (soon)!

70Free Agency - Where Do They Go? - Page 5 Empty Re: Free Agency - Where Do They Go? Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:42 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

I thought $25M in the first two years was just what the Sens were offering, not what Parise is seeking. If Ottawa is the only ones to offer something like that it definitely puts us on the map. Center of the map, actually.

I just don't get it, after the Heatley $4M "bonus" that Melnyk would be happy with front-end loading. Look at Karlsson's contract -- it's quite reasonable starting with $5.5 and going to $7.5 at the end. Although there is a $1M signing bonus in the first year, it's still a far cry from the $4M payout that Heatley got.

That's what we were offering? Hot damn, maybe we have a shot at him afterall, although just like Shultz and Nash, I won't be getting excited yet.

71Free Agency - Where Do They Go? - Page 5 Empty Re: Free Agency - Where Do They Go? Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:43 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Someone tweeted a rumor that Holmgren is talking a trade with Ottawa for Gonchar. Not anyone I follow, just a search for #nhl.

72Free Agency - Where Do They Go? - Page 5 Empty Re: Free Agency - Where Do They Go? Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:44 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Yeah, apparently Gonchar is on the block. No surprise there, he's 100 years old and someone like Garrison is every single bit as good (much better actually).

I want Garrison and Parenteau please. Please?

73Free Agency - Where Do They Go? - Page 5 Empty Re: Free Agency - Where Do They Go? Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:47 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

We love a reclamation project. Latendresse and Boyes will likely be looked at as well.

74Free Agency - Where Do They Go? - Page 5 Empty Re: Free Agency - Where Do They Go? Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:51 am

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:
NEELY wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:

LOL. Laugh1

?

Smile

Escapade? Heard good things about it. Too bad I'm not an electronic music fan (occasionally I enjoy it, not for hours though).

75Free Agency - Where Do They Go? - Page 5 Empty Re: Free Agency - Where Do They Go? Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:52 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:Yeah, apparently Gonchar is on the block. No surprise there, he's 100 years old and someone like Garrison is every single bit as good (much better actually).

Done and done, old friend.

Happy Canada Day from the birthplace of SeawaySensFan, Alexandria, Ontario, CANADA.

76Free Agency - Where Do They Go? - Page 5 Empty Re: Free Agency - Where Do They Go? Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:53 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Yeah, apparently Gonchar is on the block. No surprise there, he's 100 years old and someone like Garrison is every single bit as good (much better actually).

Done and done, old friend.

Happy Canada Day from the birthplace of SeawaySensFan, Alexandria, Ontario, CANADA.

I would love to get both...

Ahhhhh!

77Free Agency - Where Do They Go? - Page 5 Empty Re: Free Agency - Where Do They Go? Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:58 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

From Garrioch:

Sources say the Senators will not be presenting an offer at the Zach Parise show in Toronto today. #Sens #NHL

Well, that's disappointing.

78Free Agency - Where Do They Go? - Page 5 Empty Re: Free Agency - Where Do They Go? Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:00 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Because they have no chance to get him and Murray's smart enough not to waste time on that kind of thing. Same with Suter. You call his agent and say we're prepared to offer 7 X 7, please get back to us before 11AM so we can pursue other people.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum