GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Free Agency - Where Do They Go?

+8
strachattack
Hoags
Riprock
spader
PTFlea
SeawaySensFan
wprager
dennycrane
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 7]

46Free Agency - Where Do They Go? - Page 4 Empty Re: Free Agency - Where Do They Go? Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:47 pm

Hoags

All-Star
All-Star

I bet we go all out on Garrison and sign Latendresse for cheap.

Top-4 D, Top-6 F at a Melnyk approved price. Not ideal but doable.

47Free Agency - Where Do They Go? - Page 4 Empty Re: Free Agency - Where Do They Go? Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:48 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I'm very excited. The way I look at it, we're adding talent to an already exciting lineup.

48Free Agency - Where Do They Go? - Page 4 Empty Re: Free Agency - Where Do They Go? Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:49 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hoags wrote:I bet we go all out on Garrison and sign Latendresse for cheap.

Top-4 D, Top-6 F at a Melnyk approved price. Not ideal but doable.

Makes sense actually. We need Garrison or Carle or someone of that ilk though.

49Free Agency - Where Do They Go? - Page 4 Empty Re: Free Agency - Where Do They Go? Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:51 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Want Garrison really badly. I feel he's the hybrid offensive and defensive guy we need.

50Free Agency - Where Do They Go? - Page 4 Empty Re: Free Agency - Where Do They Go? Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:48 pm

strachattack

strachattack
Rookie
Rookie

Parenteau>>>> OTT
Konopka>>>>> Caps

51Free Agency - Where Do They Go? - Page 4 Empty Re: Free Agency - Where Do They Go? Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:28 am

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran

Zach Parise - Detroit Red Wings
Ryan Suter - Colorado Avalanche
Filip Kuba - Detroit Red Wings
Jiri Hudler - San Jose Sharks
Matt Carle - Edmonton Oilers
Martin Brodeur - New Jersey Devils
P.A. Parenteau - Ottawa Senators
Jason Garrison - Vancouver Canucks
Alex Semin - Chicago Blackhawks
Jaromir Jagr - Calgary Flames
Shane Doan - Phoenix Coyotes
Dustin Penner - Anaheim Ducks

52Free Agency - Where Do They Go? - Page 4 Empty Re: Free Agency - Where Do They Go? Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:45 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Garrioch tweeted that we are $10.something from the floor. Is that true? That's what Capgeek is showing, but with a 16-man roster. I know we have way more than that under contract. So $10M for 7 potential roster spots -- I guess we can't do it just with ELCs?

53Free Agency - Where Do They Go? - Page 4 Empty Re: Free Agency - Where Do They Go? Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:52 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

PAP will land in Ottawa today. I can;t get out of bed I am so hung over

54Free Agency - Where Do They Go? - Page 4 Empty Re: Free Agency - Where Do They Go? Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:55 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Pencil in Foligno for around $1.8M, JOB should get a raise to around $800, and Silfverberg is $900K. That gets us $3.5M and our forward ranks are full (13).

Boro's $610 takes us just over $4M and we still need a 6th and 7th defenseman with $6M to spend.

AA trade typically involves an exchange in cap-hits so that wouldn't do. I guess they could take on a bad contract, but we might as well just overpay a UFA on a short-ish term. The Murrays definitely need to go shopping in a couple of hours. We could $5M at Garrison, which apparently is what he is asking. But that wouldn't be enough.

Any rumors out there?

55Free Agency - Where Do They Go? - Page 4 Empty Re: Free Agency - Where Do They Go? Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:56 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:PAP will land in Ottawa today. I can;t get out of bed I am so hung over

LOL. Laugh1

56Free Agency - Where Do They Go? - Page 4 Empty Re: Free Agency - Where Do They Go? Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:58 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Lots of Twitter talk that the first two years of Parise's deal will be in the neighbourhood of $24 mil.

Also on Parise: apparently, he will let NJ know at 10am-ish if he's heading to UFA. And, there's suddenly talk of OTT being a bidder on Parise, although the front end of his supposed desired deal is going to frighten away more than a few GMs.

57Free Agency - Where Do They Go? - Page 4 Empty Re: Free Agency - Where Do They Go? Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:59 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

wprager wrote:Pencil in Foligno for around $1.8M, JOB should get a raise to around $800, and Silfverberg is $900K. That gets us $3.5M and our forward ranks are full (13).

Boro's $610 takes us just over $4M and we still need a 6th and 7th defenseman with $6M to spend.

AA trade typically involves an exchange in cap-hits so that wouldn't do. I guess they could take on a bad contract, but we might as well just overpay a UFA on a short-ish term. The Murrays definitely need to go shopping in a couple of hours. We could $5M at Garrison, which apparently is what he is asking. But that wouldn't be enough.

Any rumors out there?

Noooo chance. More like 2.5 to 3 mil min.

58Free Agency - Where Do They Go? - Page 4 Empty Re: Free Agency - Where Do They Go? Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:00 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

rooneypoo wrote:
NEELY wrote:PAP will land in Ottawa today. I can;t get out of bed I am so hung over

LOL. Laugh1

If you drove by Lynx Stadium yesterday at any point... thats why I am hung over. That might be the best party Ottawa has ever thrown.

59Free Agency - Where Do They Go? - Page 4 Empty Re: Free Agency - Where Do They Go? Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:08 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:

LOL. Laugh1

If you drove by Lynx Stadium yesterday at any point... thats why I am hung over. That might be the best party Ottawa has ever thrown.

?

What, did you take in a Fat Cats game, and get loaded there?

Smile

60Free Agency - Where Do They Go? - Page 4 Empty Re: Free Agency - Where Do They Go? Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:10 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

NEELY wrote:
wprager wrote:Pencil in Foligno for around $1.8M, JOB should get a raise to around $800, and Silfverberg is $900K. That gets us $3.5M and our forward ranks are full (13).

Any rumors out there?

Noooo chance. More like 2.5 to 3 mil min.

Oh, I'm ok with $up to $2.5M, actually, but $3M is a little high He's still terribly inconsistent. For $3M I want him to go-go-go all the time and not coast for 5 games out of every 10-15.

Anyhow, $2.5 (Foligno), $0.900 (Silfverberg), $0.800 (JOB), $0.610 (Boro), $5 (Garrison) and $0.650 (Gryba) will give us a 23-man roster about $200K over the floor. If we think Garrison is the one we want we can definitely get him by overpaying. Would you rather throw $6.5M at Suter and go with a 21-22 man roster?

61Free Agency - Where Do They Go? - Page 4 Empty Re: Free Agency - Where Do They Go? Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:12 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

rooneypoo wrote:
NEELY wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:

LOL. Laugh1

?

What, did you take in a Fat Cats game, and get loaded there?

Smile

Nothing fat about anything at that place yesterday lol... unreal how good that party was. Avicci is just stupid good.

62Free Agency - Where Do They Go? - Page 4 Empty Re: Free Agency - Where Do They Go? Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:13 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Some interesting Twitter tidbits on the Sens, from Buffet:

Bruce Garrioch ‏@SunGarrioch

Jesse Winchester has passed his baseline test. It would appear he's going to go to free agency. NYR and COL will be interested. #Sens

The Senators and Leafs are among several teams that have contacted the SJS about D Doug Murray. Burke made an offer for Murray at the draft.

63Free Agency - Where Do They Go? - Page 4 Empty Re: Free Agency - Where Do They Go? Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:14 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

rooneypoo wrote:Lots of Twitter talk that the first two years of Parise's deal will be in the neighbourhood of $24 mil.

Also on Parise: apparently, he will let NJ know at 10am-ish if he's heading to UFA. And, there's suddenly talk of OTT being a bidder on Parise, although the front end of his supposed desired deal is going to frighten away more than a few GMs.

I hate to say it, but there are rumours of an 8 year deal with Pittsburgh where he gets a cap hit of 7.

But if GMs are scared off by the first two years of his contract, I hope to Dung we're in on this. Not that he'd sign here anyway I don't think.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum