GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Free Agency - Where Do They Go?

+8
strachattack
Hoags
Riprock
spader
PTFlea
SeawaySensFan
wprager
dennycrane
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 7]

16Free Agency - Where Do They Go? - Page 2 Empty Re: Free Agency - Where Do They Go? Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:20 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:
spader wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Zach Parise - Minnesota
Ryan Suter - Detroit
Filip Kuba - Dallas
Jiri Hudler - Florida
Matt Carle - Ottawa
Martin Brodeur - NJ
P.A. Parenteau - Ottawa
Jason Garrison - Vancouver
Alex Semin - Detroit
Jaromir Jagr - Philly
Shane Doan - Anaheim
Dustin Penner - LA

Getting PAP and a vet defenseman would be a great offseason.

If Parenteau is hit head-first into the glass from behind and it leaves a mark -- would that be a PAP smear?

Laugh1

17Free Agency - Where Do They Go? - Page 2 Empty Re: Free Agency - Where Do They Go? Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:58 pm

spader

All-Star
All-Star

More important than "Where do they go" is "Who's going to keep me up to date while I'm on a patio downtown?"

18Free Agency - Where Do They Go? - Page 2 Empty Re: Free Agency - Where Do They Go? Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:30 pm

spader

All-Star
All-Star

I fully understand that it's Eklund, and therefore garbage, but this is an interesting take:

On Jagr...

I keep hearing the Oilers, and it makes a TON of sense. What Jagr did for a young Giroux this past season was more valuable than his on-ice performance. Jagr teaches good players how to be great players.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklund/Rumors-Heating-UpBernier-to-Toronto-Nash-to-Det-Yandle-to-NYR-MORE/1/45307

19Free Agency - Where Do They Go? - Page 2 Empty Re: Free Agency - Where Do They Go? Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:35 pm

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

It's not a bad conclusion. I also think Suter would be the perfect fit for the Oilers but there's no chance he goes there.

20Free Agency - Where Do They Go? - Page 2 Empty Re: Free Agency - Where Do They Go? Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:47 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Zach Parise - MIN
Ryan Suter - MIN
Filip Kuba - DAL
Jiri Hudler - NAS
Matt Carle - NYR
Martin Brodeur - MTL
P.A. Parenteau - OTT or NYR
Jason Garrison - WIN or NYR
Alex Semin - BUF
Jaromir Jagr -NYR or EDM
Shane Doan - SJ
Dustin Penner - TOR
Ray Whitney - CAR

21Free Agency - Where Do They Go? - Page 2 Empty Re: Free Agency - Where Do They Go? Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:03 pm

Zach Parise - New Jersey
Ryan Suter - Detroit
Filip Kuba - New York Rangers
Jiri Hudler - New York Rangers
Matt Carle - New York Rangers
Martin Brodeur - New Jersey
P.A. Parenteau - New York Rangers
Jason Garrison - New York Rangers
Alex Semin - New York Rangers
Jaromir Jagr - Calgary
Shane Doan - New York Rangers
Dustin Penner - New York Rangers

There's just no damn ways Slats sits on his hands with cap room.

22Free Agency - Where Do They Go? - Page 2 Empty Re: Free Agency - Where Do They Go? Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:06 pm

spader wrote:More important than "Where do they go" is "Who's going to keep me up to date while I'm on a patio downtown?"

Is that patio located in 1973? Laugh1

You'd practically have to go out of your way in today's day and age to not keep up to date.

23Free Agency - Where Do They Go? - Page 2 Empty Re: Free Agency - Where Do They Go? Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:03 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

hemlock wrote:
spader wrote:More important than "Where do they go" is "Who's going to keep me up to date while I'm on a patio downtown?"

Is that patio located in 1973? Free Agency - Where Do They Go? - Page 2 270956

You'd practically have to go out of your way in today's day and age to not keep up to date.

Not just that, but back in '73 you could sit outside on a patio and not worry about getting burned alive by the sun.

Investment advice (may be too soon for us, but perhaps for your kids): Buy beachfront property in Hudson's Bay in the next 10 years; in 20 years it will be the new Caribbean.

24Free Agency - Where Do They Go? - Page 2 Empty Re: Free Agency - Where Do They Go? Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:11 pm

wprager wrote:
hemlock wrote:

Not just that, but back in '73 you could sit outside on a patio and not worry about getting burned alive by the sun.

Investment advice (may be too soon for us, but perhaps for your kids): Buy beachfront property in Hudson's Bay in the next 10 years; in 20 years it will be the new Caribbean.

Sure, if you believe in global warming.

25Free Agency - Where Do They Go? - Page 2 Empty Re: Free Agency - Where Do They Go? Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:13 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

hemlock wrote:

Is that patio located in 1973? Laugh1

I don't have a data plan and don't want to resort to overhearing info. :crossarms:

26Free Agency - Where Do They Go? - Page 2 Empty Re: Free Agency - Where Do They Go? Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:13 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

subscribe to tsn text alerts?

27Free Agency - Where Do They Go? - Page 2 Empty Re: Free Agency - Where Do They Go? Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:14 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

hemlock wrote:
wprager wrote:
hemlock wrote:

Sure, if you believe in global warming ozone depletion.

fyp. It's different. Nod

28Free Agency - Where Do They Go? - Page 2 Empty Re: Free Agency - Where Do They Go? Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:17 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Riprock wrote:subscribe to tsn text alerts?

See that, Hemlock? That's called practical advice. Thanks, Ripper. TipHat

29Free Agency - Where Do They Go? - Page 2 Empty Re: Free Agency - Where Do They Go? Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:18 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

np. http://www.tsn.ca/contact/#sms

30Free Agency - Where Do They Go? - Page 2 Empty Re: Free Agency - Where Do They Go? Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:27 pm

spader wrote:
Riprock wrote:subscribe to tsn text alerts?

See that, Hemlock? That's called practical advice. Thanks, Ripper. TipHat

Where's the shrug emoticon?

31Free Agency - Where Do They Go? - Page 2 Empty Re: Free Agency - Where Do They Go? Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:28 pm

spader wrote:
hemlock wrote:
wprager wrote:
hemlock wrote:

fyp. It's different. Nod

It's all poppycock, either way. Vertigo

32Free Agency - Where Do They Go? - Page 2 Empty Re: Free Agency - Where Do They Go? Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:30 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

hemlock wrote:
spader wrote:
hemlock wrote:
wprager wrote:
hemlock wrote:

fyp. It's different. Nod

It's all poppycock, either way. Vertigo

Ha. The science of global warming has been questioned extensively. I've never heard anyone (up to this point) that disagrees with the science behind ozone depletion (a measurable phenomenon).

33Free Agency - Where Do They Go? - Page 2 Empty Re: Free Agency - Where Do They Go? Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:37 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

spader wrote:
hemlock wrote:
wprager wrote:
hemlock wrote:

fyp. It's different. Free Agency - Where Do They Go? - Page 2 42833

Yep. Back in the '70s I spent quite a few summers working at a camp in the Laurentians. Back in those days people would apply tanning lotion to *tan more*. One summer I was lifeguard, and one week I had 8 hours on duty every day. No hat, no sunblock, no problem. Things have definitely changed and, you're right, w.r.t. getting burned it is all about the ozone layer and not global warming -- however the two go hand in hand as the ozone layer depletion is a contributing factor to global warming.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum