GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Free Preview of NHL CI

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Free Preview of NHL CI Empty Free Preview of NHL CI Sat Sep 18, 2010 1:43 pm

Devo

Sophomore
Sophomore

Don't know if this is the right section, feel free to move it.

Just talked an exec buddy of mine who works for Bell...yeah yeah I know..I've passed all your comments on to him, trust me I'm as pissed as the rest of you about Sportsnet One and the other crap I put up with at Bell..ie CI and NHL Sunday Ticket costing more than 420.00 for the season when you can get it from Rogers for 30.00 a month * 6 months is 180.00

Anyway,

He let me know they are planning their free preview until October 24. I don't know when it starts, whether it will be around for the pre-season, but expect to start seeing some info on it soon.

Devo

2Free Preview of NHL CI Empty Re: Free Preview of NHL CI Sat Sep 18, 2010 2:04 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

It's already there in the Bell guide (channels 1451-1456 HD, 426-435 SD). Also says if you order by Oct. 31 you will get the lowest price for the season).

3Free Preview of NHL CI Empty Re: Free Preview of NHL CI Sat Sep 18, 2010 2:43 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

The one big problem with CI is the regional blackouts. With all these alternate sports channels (TSN2, SportsNet One, etc.) that the media moguls are waging war against each other with, you might end up out on a fair share of games this season if a compromise isn't reached.

4Free Preview of NHL CI Empty Re: Free Preview of NHL CI Sat Sep 18, 2010 2:55 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Bell did this every year I was with them (2003-2008). The pre-season and the first month of the season are (or at least were) always a free preview.

If you're with Rogers, live in Ottawa, and have the VIP package, you don't need NHL CI anymore, provided all you plan on watching is Sens games primarily. If you have Rogers' VIP package, you will have access to all 82 Sens games. This will be the first year in about 8 that I don't buy NHL CI.

5Free Preview of NHL CI Empty Re: Free Preview of NHL CI Sat Sep 18, 2010 8:05 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

PKC wrote:The one big problem with CI is the regional blackouts. With all these alternate sports channels (TSN2, SportsNet One, etc.) that the media moguls are waging war against each other with, you might end up out on a fair share of games this season if a compromise isn't reached.

For me, I will get all the games regardless in that case. Since I am not in Sens region, I have to have CI to get the games. So if people if the Sens region are supposed to see the game on S-Net1, then yeah they will be out of luck liekly (in the worst case scenario that Bell and Rogers cannot reach a deal).

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum