GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Free Agency - Where Do They Go?

+8
strachattack
Hoags
Riprock
spader
PTFlea
SeawaySensFan
wprager
dennycrane
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 7]

31Free Agency - Where Do They Go? - Page 3 Empty Re: Free Agency - Where Do They Go? Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:28 pm

spader wrote:
hemlock wrote:
wprager wrote:
hemlock wrote:
spader wrote:More important than "Where do they go" is "Who's going to keep me up to date while I'm on a patio downtown?"

Is that patio located in 1973? Free Agency - Where Do They Go? - Page 3 270956

You'd practically have to go out of your way in today's day and age to not keep up to date.

Not just that, but back in '73 you could sit outside on a patio and not worry about getting burned alive by the sun.

Investment advice (may be too soon for us, but perhaps for your kids): Buy beachfront property in Hudson's Bay in the next 10 years; in 20 years it will be the new Caribbean.

Sure, if you believe in global warming ozone depletion.

fyp. It's different. Nod

It's all poppycock, either way. Vertigo

32Free Agency - Where Do They Go? - Page 3 Empty Re: Free Agency - Where Do They Go? Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:30 pm

spader

All-Star
All-Star

hemlock wrote:
spader wrote:
hemlock wrote:
wprager wrote:
hemlock wrote:
spader wrote:More important than "Where do they go" is "Who's going to keep me up to date while I'm on a patio downtown?"

You'd practically have to go out of your way in today's day and age to not keep up to date.

Not just that, but back in '73 you could sit outside on a patio and not worry about getting burned alive by the sun.

Investment advice (may be too soon for us, but perhaps for your kids): Buy beachfront property in Hudson's Bay in the next 10 years; in 20 years it will be the new Caribbean.

fyp. It's different. Nod

Ha. The science of global warming has been questioned extensively. I've never heard anyone (up to this point) that disagrees with the science behind ozone depletion (a measurable phenomenon).

33Free Agency - Where Do They Go? - Page 3 Empty Re: Free Agency - Where Do They Go? Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:37 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

spader wrote:
hemlock wrote:
wprager wrote:
hemlock wrote:

fyp. It's different. Free Agency - Where Do They Go? - Page 3 42833

Yep. Back in the '70s I spent quite a few summers working at a camp in the Laurentians. Back in those days people would apply tanning lotion to *tan more*. One summer I was lifeguard, and one week I had 8 hours on duty every day. No hat, no sunblock, no problem. Things have definitely changed and, you're right, w.r.t. getting burned it is all about the ozone layer and not global warming -- however the two go hand in hand as the ozone layer depletion is a contributing factor to global warming.

34Free Agency - Where Do They Go? - Page 3 Empty Re: Free Agency - Where Do They Go? Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:59 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
spader wrote:
hemlock wrote:
wprager wrote:
hemlock wrote:

fyp. It's different. Free Agency - Where Do They Go? - Page 3 42833

Yep. Back in the '70s I spent quite a few summers working at a camp in the Laurentians. Back in those days people would apply tanning lotion to *tan more*. One summer I was lifeguard, and one week I had 8 hours on duty every day. No hat, no sunblock, no problem. Things have definitely changed and, you're right, w.r.t. getting burned it is all about the ozone layer and not global warming -- however the two go hand in hand as the ozone layer depletion is a contributing factor to global warming.

True, but global warming has nothing to do with the ozone depletion. My point was that he was using disputed science (GW) to refute uncontested science (OD). They go hand-in-hand when you're considering GW, but, in a discussion about OD (especially as it relates to an increase in UV rays and burnt skin), there's no real need to bring up GW.

35Free Agency - Where Do They Go? - Page 3 Empty Re: Free Agency - Where Do They Go? Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:04 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Riprock wrote:np. http://www.tsn.ca/contact/#sms

Just got my first text from TSN. It seems Justin Schultz has signed with EDM. I guess there'll be a lag between info hitting the twitter scene and reaching my phone. Still, getting confirmed news is gonna be sweet.

36Free Agency - Where Do They Go? - Page 3 Empty Re: Free Agency - Where Do They Go? Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:04 pm

spader wrote:
hemlock wrote:
spader wrote:
hemlock wrote:
wprager wrote:
hemlock wrote:

fyp. It's different. Nod

Ha. The science of global warming has been questioned extensively. I've never heard anyone (up to this point) that disagrees with the science behind ozone depletion (a measurable phenomenon).

Next, I bet you'll tell me that there's some solid evidence behind evolution!

I'm just kidding (I'm trapped at work) as a way to amuse myself. Although I am a fence sitter about GW, OD is undisputable as you say.

37Free Agency - Where Do They Go? - Page 3 Empty Re: Free Agency - Where Do They Go? Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:43 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

What time does this beginning next tomorrow?

38Free Agency - Where Do They Go? - Page 3 Empty Re: Free Agency - Where Do They Go? Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:47 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispenser wrote:What time does this beginning next tomorrow?

Noon? Ish?

39Free Agency - Where Do They Go? - Page 3 Empty Re: Free Agency - Where Do They Go? Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:50 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

wprager wrote:

Noon? Ish?

Or were you talking about global warming?

40Free Agency - Where Do They Go? - Page 3 Empty Re: Free Agency - Where Do They Go? Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:36 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Sounds like you translated this into another language, then translated it back into English. Laugh1

41Free Agency - Where Do They Go? - Page 3 Empty Re: Free Agency - Where Do They Go? Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:53 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

spader wrote:

Sounds like you translated this into another language, then translated it back into English. Laugh1

Laugh1 Holy Dung...it was from my Playbook, but that's not a great excuse for that.

42Free Agency - Where Do They Go? - Page 3 Empty Re: Free Agency - Where Do They Go? Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:53 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispenser wrote:
spader wrote:

Sounds like you translated this into another language, then translated it back into English. Free Agency - Where Do They Go? - Page 3 270956

Free Agency - Where Do They Go? - Page 3 270956 Holy Dung...it was from my Playbook, but that's not a great excuse for that.

Scary thing (for me) is that I didn't even notice it.

43Free Agency - Where Do They Go? - Page 3 Empty Re: Free Agency - Where Do They Go? Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:54 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I've made my final decision:

1.Garrison
2.Parenteau

44Free Agency - Where Do They Go? - Page 3 Empty Re: Free Agency - Where Do They Go? Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:08 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:I've made my final decision:

1.Garrison, Parenteau

FYP

45Free Agency - Where Do They Go? - Page 3 Empty Re: Free Agency - Where Do They Go? Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:32 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

spader wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:I've made my final decision:

1.Garrison, Parenteau

FYP

Yeah, both would make us very strong.

46Free Agency - Where Do They Go? - Page 3 Empty Re: Free Agency - Where Do They Go? Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:47 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

I bet we go all out on Garrison and sign Latendresse for cheap.

Top-4 D, Top-6 F at a Melnyk approved price. Not ideal but doable.

47Free Agency - Where Do They Go? - Page 3 Empty Re: Free Agency - Where Do They Go? Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:48 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I'm very excited. The way I look at it, we're adding talent to an already exciting lineup.

48Free Agency - Where Do They Go? - Page 3 Empty Re: Free Agency - Where Do They Go? Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:49 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hoags wrote:I bet we go all out on Garrison and sign Latendresse for cheap.

Top-4 D, Top-6 F at a Melnyk approved price. Not ideal but doable.

Makes sense actually. We need Garrison or Carle or someone of that ilk though.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum