GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Carolina Hurricanes @ Ottawa Senators - 5:00 PM, Nov.27th, 2011

+13
LeCaptain
Flo The Action
shabbs
The Silfer Server
22_4_ever
Riprock
Hoags
spader
SensHulk
Ev
rooneypoo
wprager
PTFlea
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 8]

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:Deputy Douchebag is the greatest nickname in the history of the world.

Spank you very much! Cheers

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

NEELY wrote:Was at the game as per normal it seems.

1. Karlsson is the best player on the ice 95% of the time when he isn't playing anyone not named Crosby. He may not have been first, second, or third star, but he domiantes the game when he's playing. Wonder what he will be like when he's 25... kid is only 21. Unreal. Best D man in the game under 25 for sure.

2. Daugavins/Smith/Condra, right now could be one of the best 3rd lines in the NHL. All of them are defensivly responsible to say the very least. All of them have a little offensive touch. All of them know their role and play it to a "T". That could very well be the third line for the Sens for the next 5 years.

3. Spezza. No idea what to take from that game.

4. Anderson. Still "meh" hockey. Made some nice saves but was pretty lucky a few didn't slip by him. He seems to lose his net a lot and is never in position to make a 2nd save. If he does it has to be spectacular which is a bad sign. Anyways, got the win, made 30 plus saves, hopefully he can build on that.

5. Rundblad got his first, nice to see. He still has to learn when to pinch in and when to back off. Comes with experience obviously but needs to learn that in a big way.

6. Filatov... thought he was pretty good. Like Ev said, playign 4 games in 4 nights is about as tough a thing you can do. The 4th game being an NHL game makes even tougher. Despite all that he played pretty well, had his legs, got some scoring chances, and looked like an NHL player. If he keeps getting chances he will score and produce. Looked a little lost at times playing with Spezza but if they keep him there he should be able to find some chemistry. A couple dump ins and he didn't know what to do but soon enough he will figure out he needs to get the puck because Spezza won't.

7. Alfi... esssh, looks old. Still gets some chances though and can contribute, glad he's off the PK though.

8. The PK. Unreal. It's the best in the NHL right now bar none. Since Daugavins has been called up they just don't let in a goal.

9. Foligno. Turning into a pest. GOOD! Ottawa needs a guy that pisses the other team off that can play a regualr shift. Foligno has finally found a role.

10. The team played well and that always seems to be the case with a win. Top to bottom everyone contributed.

I agree with all of this. Z.Smith is C-ing one of the most proficient 3rd lines in the league - and Condra didn't even have his best game against the Canes. They're young, they have energy, but most importantly, they can read the play so well...I say the sky is the limit with Karlsson, but it also is with Line 2 in Ottawa, they can continue to develop into near elite bottom 6 players.

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Since we lost Jarko Ruutu we really didn't have that pest roll filled and I'm glad to see a guy like Foligno can have the dual purpose of taking a regular shift and be a pest. Nice to see.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:Is The Cros getting suspended?

Unpossible. He eats Dempsters bread.

Also, with Deputy Douchebag in "charge", it's Cussing open season on the Mighty Senatesnores.

Ahhhh…we're obviously just overreacting to his elbow of Foligno. I mean Crysby was just trying to separate Foligno from the puc…oh wait, the puck wasn't there….oh, I see…Well, Foligno obviously wasn't getting the message from Crysby's crosschecks, so what else is a respectable hockey player to do…elbow to the face!!! Good thing Chris Kuntz was there to jump to Cindy's defence.

Foligno was clearly outside the blue paint when he was tripped up by Fleury. Seriously, he slides the paddle right under Foligno's skates. The way Foligno fell he could haven broke his friggin' neck, so I don't think he was doing that on purpose. He was also getting up very slowly after the tumble, which confirms what I'm saying -- this was not a careless "Oops, I'm losing my balance so let's make sure I fall on the goalie" type of thing.

And I don't really have a problem with Crosby's cross-checks, because in a goal mouth scrum that is what is expected. I *do* however think it's scum-like behavior to give a guy 3-4 cross-checks and then when he retaliates with on to give him a butt-end in the face, and of course then to just stand aside as Kuniz comes to the rescue.

If you're going to play like that then have some balls to defend yourself. It's not like Foligno is a mammoth and started it all. Cindy has no problem dishing it out and then no problem hiding behind lower-paid team mates.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:8. The PK. Unreal. It's the best in the NHL right now bar none. Since Daugavins has been called up they just don't let in a goal.

Is it possible to look up the PK stats for a chunk of the season? I'd love to see our PK numbers since K-Daug arrived in Ottawa.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

spader wrote:
NEELY wrote:8. The PK. Unreal. It's the best in the NHL right now bar none. Since Daugavins has been called up they just don't let in a goal.

Is it possible to look up the PK stats for a chunk of the season? I'd love to see our PK numbers since K-Daug arrived in Ottawa.

You'd have to go game by game, I think.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

spader wrote:

From 4 or 5 games ago, the stat was:

Before K-Daug had arrived in Ottawa, we were operating a 68% PK. After 10 games of him being here, we were operating at 85%. And it hasn't gone down recently, up maybe, but definitely not down.

So, let's say we're close to 89% now, an increase of 21% since K-Daug arrived. That's Cussing insane!

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Also, it deserves mentioning that after being beaten badly by the Pens, the Sens picked themselves up, dusted themselves off and put in a strong performance. That's great news for Sens fans.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:Also, it deserves mentioning that after being beaten badly by the Pens, the Sens picked themselves up, dusted themselves off and put in a strong performance. That's great news for Sens fans.

That's becoming a recurring event. Not too shabby.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:Also, it deserves mentioning that after being beaten badly by the Pens, the Sens picked themselves up, dusted themselves off and put in a strong performance. That's great news for Sens fans.

that's a ......strong word to describe last night's performance. It was good, PK was the key IMO. It was a bit of an ugly game though, even P-Mac said they need to play better and stop taking penalties.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Michallica wrote:

that's a ......strong word to describe last night's performance. It was good, PK was the key IMO. It was a bit of an ugly game though, even P-Mac said they need to play better and stop taking penalties.

Impossible. See: refs = Leafs fans since childhood

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Michallica wrote:

It was good until the 3rd, but the Sens played a strong PK and should have probably won by a wider margin IMO. Good might be better than strong, but I thought they deserved the win.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
Michallica wrote:

It was good until the 3rd, but the Sens played a strong PK and should have probably won by a wider margin IMO. Good might be better than strong, but I thought they deserved the win.

Deal Cheers

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

How filthy is Karlsson's skill-set? Really though, up until now we all knew he was awesome, but he's....super awesome ! Ahhhhh!

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

It's really hard for the Sens to build any momentum when they keep going on the PK.

Way too many penalties taken.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:How filthy is Karlsson's skill-set? Really though, up until now we all knew he was awesome, but he's....super awesome ! Ahhhhh!

Super Karlsson! Ahhhhh!

someone just needs to photoshop this and put in Karlsson's face

Carolina Hurricanes @ Ottawa Senators - 5:00 PM, Nov.27th, 2011 - Page 7 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-GWQmtMYVKO1PKvMD54cs-bV0RtUJaA8wzPWWVX-GXcMvYLnYOQ

EDIT: I also mentioned last night that Karlsson is gonna be a norris candidate very very soon IMO

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Michallica wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:How filthy is Karlsson's skill-set? Really though, up until now we all knew he was awesome, but he's....super awesome ! Ahhhhh!

Super Karlsson! Ahhhhh!

someone just needs to photoshop this and put in Karlsson's face

Carolina Hurricanes @ Ottawa Senators - 5:00 PM, Nov.27th, 2011 - Page 7 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-GWQmtMYVKO1PKvMD54cs-bV0RtUJaA8wzPWWVX-GXcMvYLnYOQ

EDIT: I also mentioned last night that Karlsson is gonna be a norris candidate very very soon IMO

Usually I'd say that's hyperbole, but I think you might be right.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Hoags wrote:It's really hard for the Sens to build any momentum when they keep going on the PK.

Way too many penalties taken.

It's true, they take a lot of minors. They still don't get a lot of the breaks from the refs that other teams do and that has a lot to do with the reputation they have built up over the past couple of years. MacLean will change that over time.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum