GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Carolina Hurricanes @ Ottawa Senators - 5:00 PM, Nov.27th, 2011

+13
LeCaptain
Flo The Action
shabbs
The Silfer Server
22_4_ever
Riprock
Hoags
spader
SensHulk
Ev
rooneypoo
wprager
PTFlea
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 8]

SensHulk

All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:How filthy is Karlsson's skill-set? Really though, up until now we all knew he was awesome, but he's....super awesome ! Ahhhhh!

Super Karlsson! Ahhhhh!

someone just needs to photoshop this and put in Karlsson's face

Carolina Hurricanes @ Ottawa Senators - 5:00 PM, Nov.27th, 2011 - Page 8 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-GWQmtMYVKO1PKvMD54cs-bV0RtUJaA8wzPWWVX-GXcMvYLnYOQ

EDIT: I also mentioned last night that Karlsson is gonna be a norris candidate very very soon IMO

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Michallica wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:How filthy is Karlsson's skill-set? Really though, up until now we all knew he was awesome, but he's....super awesome ! Ahhhhh!

Super Karlsson! Ahhhhh!

someone just needs to photoshop this and put in Karlsson's face

Carolina Hurricanes @ Ottawa Senators - 5:00 PM, Nov.27th, 2011 - Page 8 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-GWQmtMYVKO1PKvMD54cs-bV0RtUJaA8wzPWWVX-GXcMvYLnYOQ

EDIT: I also mentioned last night that Karlsson is gonna be a norris candidate very very soon IMO

Usually I'd say that's hyperbole, but I think you might be right.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Hoags wrote:It's really hard for the Sens to build any momentum when they keep going on the PK.

Way too many penalties taken.

It's true, they take a lot of minors. They still don't get a lot of the breaks from the refs that other teams do and that has a lot to do with the reputation they have built up over the past couple of years. MacLean will change that over time.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:
Hoags wrote:It's really hard for the Sens to build any momentum when they keep going on the PK.

It's true, they take a lot of minors. They still don't get a lot of the breaks from the refs that other teams do and that has a lot to do with the reputation they have built up over the past couple of years. MacLean will change that over time.

That's a myth.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

SeawaySensFan wrote:
NEELY wrote:

That's a myth.

Officals still want a certain amount of respect and the Sens did and sometimes still do a bit of crying. Clouston was pretty bad for being in officials ear like he was going to change their minds.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
NEELY wrote:

That's a myth.

Officals still want a certain amount of respect and the Sens did and sometimes still do a bit of crying. Clouston was pretty bad for being in officials ear like he was going to change their minds.

Some coaches "cry to the refs" and maybe the next call goes their way, as they say. Maybe Clouston was naive in thinking that the same unwritten rules apply to Ottawa.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:

Lots of coaches cry and lament when certain controversial calls don't go their way. Did Ottawa/Clouston do something that was worse ? I've seen Boudreau and Boucher lose and yet they don't seem to be as bad as we are.

I don't watch other teams' games but we do seem to be fairly consistently screwed over by the zebras, but then again every fan thinks this.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hoags wrote:
NEELY wrote:

Lots of coaches cry and lament when certain controversial calls don't go their way. Did Ottawa/Clouston do something that was worse ? I've seen Boudreau and Boucher lose and yet they don't seem to be as bad as we are.

I don't watch other teams' games but we do seem to be fairly consistently screwed over by the zebras, but then again every fan thinks this.

That's what the previous poster said.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hoags wrote:
NEELY wrote:

People can brush it off all they want, but when Peter Schaefer waved the towel at the refs, he made sure they would remember the Ottawa Senators for a long, long, LONG time - and not in a positive way.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
Hoags wrote:
NEELY wrote:

People can brush it off all they want, but when Peter Schaefer waved the towel at the refs, he made sure they would remember the Ottawa Senators for a long, long, LONG time - and not in a positive way.

Nice excuse to have to an anti Sens bias for Leaf loving refs. Interesting that legendary Sens hater Glen Healy was on the scene for that one. Laugh1 Laughing3

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:very nice win. we are so much more competitive then I thought we'd be.

Also, the Canes are missing anything resembling a player near Karlsson's skill on the backend, and it's starting to really show.

yeah but you know who's gonna pay. Maurice might be fired within the next few weeks.
Vertigo Vertigo Vertigo
I didn't think it would be that fast!!!
muller is an interesting choice.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:very nice win. we are so much more competitive then I thought we'd be.

Also, the Canes are missing anything resembling a player near Karlsson's skill on the backend, and it's starting to really show.

yeah but you know who's gonna pay. Maurice might be fired within the next few weeks.
Vertigo Vertigo Vertigo

Ha! True enough, good call.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

Vertigo Vertigo Vertigo

I wonder how he'll do there. Lots of people were hoping he'd land the job that eventually went to The Stache, so as Sens fans, we have a vested interest (in a convoluted sort of way).

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Wish Muller well, but he probably should have spent at least a full season being a head coach in the minors before trying to salvage a bad team.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Wish Muller well, but he probably should have spent at least a full season being a head coach in the minors before trying to salvage a bad team.

When you get offered a NHL head-coach position for the first time, you don't turn it down. He took the opportunity presented to him, and there's nothing wrong with that.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum