GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Carolina Hurricanes @ Ottawa Senators - 5:00 PM, Nov.27th, 2011

+13
LeCaptain
Flo The Action
shabbs
The Silfer Server
22_4_ever
Riprock
Hoags
spader
SensHulk
Ev
rooneypoo
wprager
PTFlea
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 8]

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lines posted in my previous post

SensHulk

All-Star
All-Star

rooneypoo wrote:
Big Ev wrote:Filatov will play in the Top 6 tonight (of course he could be dropped once it starts)

If that's the case, they must be shifting Foligno to 2nd line centre. Unless Filatov can play centre, I suppose...

mendes mentioned they may try filatov as a center on the 2nd line so its possible

EDIT: scratch that, I read wrong. FOligno will be center but filly and michalek may swap

spader

All-Star
All-Star

I saw Konopka and Filatov leaving for the game. I was at the Holiday Inn for a wedding. Filatov looks nervous.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Big Ev wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
Big Ev wrote:you can pretty much guaranteed they will be trading for a 2nd line Centre soon

Why wait this long to do it? Why not just wait until Regin comes back at this point?

key words I used was 2nd line centre Sarcasm

but that may be the case and you may be right

Quick, name 30 centers better than Fisher. Fisher wasn't "good enough" as a 2LC here so I'm using him as the benchmark. Chances are you'd have a tough time naming 30, let along 40, yet you have the need for *60* top-six centers. Fact of the matter is probably half the teams in the league, and likely a lot more, would love to have Peter Regin as their 2nd line center (assuming he remains healthy, of course).

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Michallica wrote:
Big Ev wrote:Filatov will play in the Top 6 tonight (of course he could be dropped once it starts)

Isn't this his 4th game in 4 nights? I hope ppl don't jump down his throat today if he doesn't perform well or doesn't receive much ice-time. I do like the idea of double-shifting spezza here and there.

Yikes! You're right. Talk about dumb luck.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

spader wrote:I saw Konopka and Filatov leaving for the game. I was at the Holiday Inn for a wedding. Filatov looks nervous.

I take it Filatov is staying there? What about Konopka? Surely he's found a place by now?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Sylvain St Laurent's tweeting that Filatov will play on the top line with Spezza and and Greening -- Spezza might have trouble keeping up Smile Foligno will center the second line, with Michalek and Alfredsson.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
spader wrote:I saw Konopka and Filatov leaving for the game. I was at the Holiday Inn for a wedding. Filatov looks nervous.

I take it Filatov is staying there? What about Konopka? Surely he's found a place by now?

Dunno. He walked out with a hockey bag. I'd guess that he's staying there.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

spader wrote:
wprager wrote:

Dunno. He walked out with a hockey bag. I'd guess that he's staying there.

Maybe Konopka was there to pick him up. Kid may not have a driver's license Smile

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

See Prager, I told you they'd go to Foligno at 2C.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Murray said the plan is now for Filatov to come with the team on the road trip. They figured it was unfair to call him up play him 4 shifts (4th game in 4 nights) and then tell him he is not good enough.

After the road trip they will decide what to do.

This is what Murray promised him at his last meeting when these KHL rumours started.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

This will likely be the most important few games of Filatov's life up till now.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:Sylvain St Laurent's tweeting that Filatov will play on the top line with Spezza and and Greening -- Spezza might have trouble keeping up Smile Foligno will center the second line, with Michalek and Alfredsson.

Doesn't look like it... he just flew in and scored.

22_4_ever

22_4_ever
Sophomore
Sophomore

Any one have a link to the game, stuck in an airport, no tv only wifi

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

http://www.realtvsport.com/channel.php

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

22_4_ever wrote:Any one have a link to the game, stuck in an airport, no tv only wifi

Try this:http://atdhenet.tv/41626/watch-carolina-vs-ottawa

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Spezza!

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Dwyer ties it up.

Sponsored content