GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Zibanejad Signs ELC

+13
SensHulk
Flo The Action
The Silfer Server
shabbs
sandysensfan
wprager
Riprock
Da lil Guy
Hoags
NEELY
PTFlea
Ev
rooneypoo
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 6]

76Zibanejad Signs ELC - Page 6 Empty Re: Zibanejad Signs ELC Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:26 pm

spader

All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:
sandysensfan wrote:
shabbs wrote:For the record, I'm fine with Zib going back to the SEL for one more year. Fine tune his development, continue to compete with men etc.... The Sens are not going to be contenders anytime soon and this coming season will probably not be much better than last season, so there's no "rush" to get him here.

They are certainly better between the pipes... but a lot depends on how the defense plays this year. Also better coaching....
The pipes, yes. The coaching.. that is still TBD if you ask me. I agree, it looks like we should be better based on what has been put together, but until they actually start coaching, it's an unknown.

Good point.

77Zibanejad Signs ELC - Page 6 Empty Re: Zibanejad Signs ELC Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:13 am

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

spader wrote:
shabbs wrote:
sandysensfan wrote:
shabbs wrote:For the record, I'm fine with Zib going back to the SEL for one more year. Fine tune his development, continue to compete with men etc.... The Sens are not going to be contenders anytime soon and this coming season will probably not be much better than last season, so there's no "rush" to get him here.

They are certainly better between the pipes... but a lot depends on how the defense plays this year. Also better coaching....
The pipes, yes. The coaching.. that is still TBD if you ask me. I agree, it looks like we should be better based on what has been put together, but until they actually start coaching, it's an unknown.

Good point.
I'd trust Murray to step in in some way or form and say something if he thought the situation was being miss-used. Zib will play if he can and looks like he can handle it if not he'll be sent back. both options are fine by me.

78Zibanejad Signs ELC - Page 6 Empty Re: Zibanejad Signs ELC Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:50 am

spader

All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:
spader wrote:
shabbs wrote:
sandysensfan wrote:

Good point.
I'd trust Murray to step in in some way or form and say something if he thought the situation was being miss-used. Zib will play if he can and looks like he can handle it if not he'll be sent back. both options are fine by me.
Fair enough, but Shabbs is right to say that we can't praise the coaching until we get a sense of our new coach.

79Zibanejad Signs ELC - Page 6 Empty Re: Zibanejad Signs ELC Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:34 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

spader wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
spader wrote:
shabbs wrote:
sandysensfan wrote:

Good point.
Fair enough, but Shabbs is right to say that we can't praise the coaching until we get a sense of our new coach.
absolutely. this could turn out to be a mistake of Hartsburg-esque proportion. then again it could babcock us into the future for years to come. I hope he doesn't start Cloustoning it and refuses to change his game plan when needed. common rookie coach mistake. Laughing3

80Zibanejad Signs ELC - Page 6 Empty Re: Zibanejad Signs ELC Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:19 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Speaking of which, MacLean was on TGOR this morning and I' recommend that you try and listen to that (they'll have it in the podcast or they might even have a clip of just the interview on the team1200.com website). I was very impressed with what he had to say.

81Zibanejad Signs ELC - Page 6 Empty Re: Zibanejad Signs ELC Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:26 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Double post!

Wink

82Zibanejad Signs ELC - Page 6 Empty Re: Zibanejad Signs ELC Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:32 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:Double post!

Wink

Different threads. Fthrwppp!

83Zibanejad Signs ELC - Page 6 Empty Re: Zibanejad Signs ELC Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:46 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

wprager wrote:
shabbs wrote:Double post!

Wink

Different threads. Fthrwppp!
Cross posting!

*fluff*

84Zibanejad Signs ELC - Page 6 Empty Re: Zibanejad Signs ELC Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:29 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

MacLean was just on TSN and was asked who he was most excited about for next season. He said:

1.Jason Spezza
2.Mika Zibanejad
3.Nikita Filatov

Does that mean that Z-Bad is an NHLer next season...pretty much for sure?

EDIT: And Gonchar.

85Zibanejad Signs ELC - Page 6 Empty Re: Zibanejad Signs ELC Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:43 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

pretty sure they just meant training camp

86Zibanejad Signs ELC - Page 6 Empty Re: Zibanejad Signs ELC Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:44 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:MacLean was just on TSN and was asked who he was most excited about for next season. He said:

1.Jason Spezza
2.Mika Zibanejad
3.Nikita Filatov

Does that mean that Z-Bad is an NHLer next season...pretty much for sure?

EDIT: And Gonchar.

No, this does not mean Zibby is a NHLer for sure. He will have to get through camp and perform well. He still has to make the team.

87Zibanejad Signs ELC - Page 6 Empty Re: Zibanejad Signs ELC Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:56 am

Da lil Guy

Da lil Guy
Rookie
Rookie

I think it means MacLean understands the Sens current marketing plans.

88Zibanejad Signs ELC - Page 6 Empty Re: Zibanejad Signs ELC Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:56 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Da lil Guy wrote:I think it means MacLean understands the Sens current marketing plans.

That's the first thing I thought too.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum