GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Zibanejad Signs ELC

+13
SensHulk
Flo The Action
The Silfer Server
shabbs
sandysensfan
wprager
Riprock
Da lil Guy
Hoags
NEELY
PTFlea
Ev
rooneypoo
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 6]

16Zibanejad Signs ELC - Page 2 Empty Re: Zibanejad Signs ELC Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:12 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispenser wrote:
NEELY wrote:Nice. There's the 2nd line center. Regin is in a fight for his NHL life.

So you obviously think he's going straight to the NHL as 2nd line C.

I would think about this personally:

Filatov - Spezza - Butler
Michalek - Zibanejad - Alfredsson (nice line IMO)
Foligno - Regin- Greening (learn to play RW please!)
Z.Smith - Konopka - Neil

Something like that give us an interesting balance throughout the lineup IMO.

I'd swap Filatov and Michalek, personally. Spezza is better off with a left-hand shot on his left to carry the puck up the ice, and having both Filatov *and* Butler on the top line could result in carnage. Alfredsson would be better to bring along two youngsters than Spezza, at this point.

17Zibanejad Signs ELC - Page 2 Empty Re: Zibanejad Signs ELC Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:13 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Dash wrote:That looks like fun.

Kid's got moves! Facepalm

18Zibanejad Signs ELC - Page 2 Empty Re: Zibanejad Signs ELC Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:17 pm

Da lil Guy

Rookie
Rookie

wprager wrote:
Dash wrote:That looks like fun.

Kid's got moves! Facepalm

Waiting for someone to post the Mika v. Regin dance off.

19Zibanejad Signs ELC - Page 2 Empty Re: Zibanejad Signs ELC Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:23 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

SpezDispenser wrote:
NEELY wrote:Nice. There's the 2nd line center. Regin is in a fight for his NHL life.

Z.Smith - Konopka - Neil

I would say that if Regin doesn't bring his A game from day one of camp, Zibanejad and Da Costa will force their way on to the team and into a spot that Regin should have secured for himself last year. The 2nd line center spot in Ottawa is something that basically as wide open as it has ever been, they will give it to the guy they feel has earned it and will continue to develop in that position.

If Regin has a camp like he did last year he will be waived for sure.

20Zibanejad Signs ELC - Page 2 Empty Re: Zibanejad Signs ELC Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:28 pm

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

SpezDispenser wrote:

Z.Smith - Konopka - Neil

You are missing Condra. He will be in the lineup. Smart player... good defensively.. good on-ice vision.

Too many forwards... who is out?

21Zibanejad Signs ELC - Page 2 Empty Re: Zibanejad Signs ELC Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:12 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:
I would say that if Regin doesn't bring his A game from day one of camp, Zibanejad and Da Costa will force their way on to the team and into a spot that Regin should have secured for himself last year. The 2nd line center spot in Ottawa is something that basically as wide open as it has ever been, they will give it to the guy they feel has earned it and will continue to develop in that position.

If Regin has a camp like he did last year he will be waived for sure.

DaCosta doesn't seem physically ready to play in the NHL next season. At best I think he'll get the same treatment Butler did and we may see him late in the season, once room is made at the deadline (I presume Murray will be dealing a few players for picks again).

22Zibanejad Signs ELC - Page 2 Empty Re: Zibanejad Signs ELC Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:39 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Ummm, Da Costa didn't seem mentally ready to me when he had his little tryout last year in the last 4 games, physically he won't ever be a force and size will probably be a factor... I don't think that's what will hold him back this year.

23Zibanejad Signs ELC - Page 2 Empty Re: Zibanejad Signs ELC Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:44 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

College to NHL is a big jump, I can't think of anyone who made the jump right away (I'm probably wrong though).

All the big names I can think of (Penner, Kunitz and Boyle) spent time in the AHL first).

24Zibanejad Signs ELC - Page 2 Empty Re: Zibanejad Signs ELC Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:16 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

sandysensfan wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

Z.Smith - Konopka - Neil

You are missing Condra. He will be in the lineup. Smart player... good defensively.. good on-ice vision.

Winchester is missing...

Zib in may push Condra out...

Filatov and Butler on our top line... not sure about that...

Filatov - Spezza - Michalek
Foligno - Zibanejad - Alfredsson
Greening - Regin- Butler
Z.Smith - Konopka - Neil
Winch

Meh...

25Zibanejad Signs ELC - Page 2 Empty Re: Zibanejad Signs ELC Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:37 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hoags wrote:College to NHL is a big jump, I can't think of anyone who made the jump right away (I'm probably wrong though).

All the big names I can think of (Penner, Kunitz and Boyle) spent time in the AHL first).

Jonathan Toews

26Zibanejad Signs ELC - Page 2 Empty Re: Zibanejad Signs ELC Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:50 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Apparently, Zibanejad's contract is for something like $1.9 mil / year -- right in between Rundblad's and Filatov's.

Source is SteffeG, tweet from 6:47pm -- http://twitter.com/#!/steffeG

27Zibanejad Signs ELC - Page 2 Empty Re: Zibanejad Signs ELC Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:55 pm

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

rooneypoo wrote:Apparently, Zibanejad's contract is for something like $1.9 mil / year -- right in between Rundblad's and Filatov's.

Damn look at you taking to this twitter thing. It's like crack, just can't get enough timely information. More, more more!!!

28Zibanejad Signs ELC - Page 2 Empty Re: Zibanejad Signs ELC Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:47 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

The Silfer Server wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:Apparently, Zibanejad's contract is for something like $1.9 mil / year -- right in between Rundblad's and Filatov's.

Damn look at you taking to this twitter thing. It's like crack, just can't get enough timely information. More, more more!!!

LOL. Yeah, I just keep it open on a tab, and whenever I look up from my work, I quickly check out the new "tweets" in my thread. It's pretty handy for off-season stuff -- probably for the trade deadline, too.

29Zibanejad Signs ELC - Page 2 Empty Re: Zibanejad Signs ELC Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:53 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

You should try a twitter search for #NHL. Every time you look up it's got 34 new tweets. Go to the coffee station to fill your cup -- 112 new.

30Zibanejad Signs ELC - Page 2 Empty Re: Zibanejad Signs ELC Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:13 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

NEELY wrote:Ummm, Da Costa didn't seem mentally ready to me when he had his little tryout last year in the last 4 games, physically he won't ever be a force and size will probably be a factor... I don't think that's what will hold him back this year.

Yeah, you made a point somewhere in one of the threads about that. I can see that being true. He'll be ready soon mentally though IMO. Half a year of Bingo hopefully.

31Zibanejad Signs ELC - Page 2 Empty Re: Zibanejad Signs ELC Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:14 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

sandysensfan wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

Z.Smith - Konopka - Neil

Damn, I did forget him....uh...see, this is what I meant by Konopka. I like him as a player, but we have 58 bottom 6 players.

32Zibanejad Signs ELC - Page 2 Empty Re: Zibanejad Signs ELC Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:32 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

regin and Zib might interchange at the beginning between 2C and 3C. the 3C position can be offensive, so i'm glad those 2 are options. Dacosta from what I gathered is ready but just isn't physical enough in his game. right? he better get it fast cuz that's the NHL.

33Zibanejad Signs ELC - Page 2 Empty Re: Zibanejad Signs ELC Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:49 pm

Da lil Guy

Da lil Guy
Rookie
Rookie

I still think he's going back to Sweden.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum